On this page:
- Edmund Mortimer was an American actor and film director. He appeared in 251 films between 1913 and 1945. He also directed 23 films between 1918 and 1928.
- also known as Ed Mortimer, Edward J. Mortimer, Edward Mortimer, Edmund Mortimer Olson, Edwin Mortimer, Eddie Mortimer
- born on (141 years ago) in New York City
- nationality: United States of America
- profession: Actor, film director
- died on (71 years ago) in Los Angeles
- read more about Edmund Mortimer (actor)
- Edmund Mortimer: Sir Edmund Mortimer was the eldest son of Roger Mortimer, 1st Earl of March and Joan de Geneville, 2nd Baroness Geneville. By his wife Elizabeth de Badlesmere he was the father of Roger Mortimer, 2nd Earl of March. Though Edmund survived his father by one year, he did not inherit his father's lands and titles as they were forfeited to the Crown and his son only reacquired them gradually.
- Edmund Mortimer a.k.a. Edmund Mortimer, son of the 3rd Earl: Sir Edmund Mortimer, who had a claim to the crown through his mother, Philippa Plantagenet, played a part in the rebellions of the Welsh leader, Owain Glyndŵr, and the Percys, and perished at the siege of Harlech.
- read more about Edmund Mortimer, son of the 3rd Earl
There are other people with Edmund Mortimer in their name, like Edmund Mortimer McDonald.
Edmund Mortimer is a fictional character from the 2013 film H4.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Edmund Mortimer
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
An Alphabetical Dictionary of Coats of Arms Belonging to Families in Great Britain and Ireland (1874)
by John Woody Papworth
married to Edmund Mortimer, third Earl of March, '/., 223.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Edmund Mortimer
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Edmund Mortimer to find many related words and phrases!