On this page:
- Definition of the noun educator
- Phrases with Educator
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Educator
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Educator
- Photos about Educator
- Video language resources about Educator
- Quotes about Educator
- Scrabble value of E1D2U1C3A1T1O1R1
- Anagrams of EDUCATOR
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun educator
What does educator mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: educators
- someone who educates young people
- examples: He's a wonderful educator. | He was a great educator so his children really listened to him.
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- synonyms of educator: pedagog / pedagogue
- more generic terms: professional / professional person = a person engaged in one of the learned professions
- more specific terms:
- faculty member / academician / academic = an educator who works at a college or university
- lecturer / lector / reader = a public lecturer at certain universities
- school principal / head teacher / principal / head = the educator who has executive authority for a school
- schoolmaster = any person (or institution) who acts as an educator
- instructor / teacher = a person whose occupation is teaching
- Mary McLeod Bethune / Bethune = United States educator who worked to improve race relations and educational opportunities for Black Americans
- Louis Braille / Braille = French educator who lost his sight at the age of three and who invented a system of writing and printing for sightless people
- Dale Carnegie / Carnegie = United States educator famous for writing a book about how to win friends and influence people
- John Amos Comenius / Jan Amos Komensky / Comenius = Czech educational reformer
- John Dewey / Dewey = United States pragmatic philosopher who advocated progressive education
- Friedrich Wilhelm August Froebel / Friedrich Froebel / Froebel = German educator who founded the kindergarten system
- Thomas Hopkins Gallaudet / Gallaudet = United States educator who established the first free school in the United States for the hearing impaired
- Mark Hopkins / Hopkins = United States educator and theologian
- Robert Maynard Hutchins / Hutchins = United States educator who was president of the University of Chicago
- Lucy Craft Laney / Laney = United States educator who founded the first private school for Black students in Augusta, Georgia
- Abbott Lawrence Lowell / Lowell = United States educator and president of Harvard University
- Horace Mann / Mann = United States educator who introduced reforms that significantly altered the system of public education
- William Holmes McGuffey / McGuffey = United States educator who compiled the McGuffey Eclectic Readers
- Maria Montesorri / Montessori = Italian educator who developed a method of teaching mentally handicapped children and advocated a child-centered approach
- Daniel Patrick Moynihan / Moynihan = United States politician and educator
- James Naismith / Naismith = United States educator (born in Canada) who invented the game of basketball
- Carl Orff / Orff = German musician who developed a widely used system for teaching music to children
- Elizabeth Palmer Peabody / Elizabeth Peabody / Peabody = educator who founded the first kindergarten in the United States
- Sir Isaac Pitman / Pitman = English educator who invented a system of phonetic shorthand
- Anne Mansfield Sullivan / Anne Sullivan / Sullivan = United States educator who was the teacher and lifelong companion of Helen Keller
- Booker Taliaferro Washington / Booker T. Washington / Washington = United States educator who was born a slave but became educated and founded a college at Tuskegee in Alabama
- Andrew Dickson White / Andrew D. White / White = United States educator who in 1865 (with Ezra Cornell) founded Cornell University and served as its first president
- Emma Hart Willard / Willard = United States educator who was an early campaigner for higher education for women
- John Witherspoon / Witherspoon = American Revolutionary leader and educator (born in Scotland) who signed of the Declaration of Independence and was president of the college that became Princeton University
Alternative definition of the noun educator
- A person distinguished for his/her educational work
- A person who, or a thing which, educates
- A teacher
- A person that accepts responsibility for the educating process and educates by supporting and assisting an educand.
- Educator is a fictional character from the 2013 film Vocuus.
- Educator is a fictional character from the 2013 film Kamchatka.
Educator: Si definisce educatore colui che realizza un'azione educativa ovvero che contribuisce alla crescita umana della persona. Tale azione può essere svolta sia attraverso rapporti spontanei, generalmente familiari, sia attraverso interventi speciali legati a una funzione socio-professionale. si dice che l'autorità dell'educatore è un servizio di guida che si coordina con la volontà di auto perfezionamento dell'educando. Piero Bertolini ha messo in evidenza come attualmente si sia parcellizzata l'attività dell'educatore che pertanto si trova a operare in modo molto settoriale. L'attivazione negli anni settanta di corsi regionali e successivamente di corsi universitari nelle facoltà di medicina e di Scienze dell'educazione hanno contribuito a dare consistenza alla figura e alla professione dell'educatore professionale.
Phrases with Educator
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Educator
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Proceedings of AC 2017 (2017)
by Group of authors
The educator is a bonding person.
Another and probably the core task of every educator is the pedagogical role.
According to Mienert and Vorholz, the first pedagogue always represents the child himself, the second educator is the other ...
Education, Science and Truth (2009)
by Rasoul Nejadmehr
Thus, a true educator is an oppositional individual, a truthteller. Primarily, an educator presents a...
Silent Moments in Education (2011)
An Autoethnography of Learning, Teaching, and Learning to Teach by Colette A. Granger
True, the teacher educator is a practitioner too, so the relationship is not straightforward. These confounding relations weave in multiple directions, in all configurations involving teacher educators, student teachers, host teachers, adjunct ...
The community educator is the heart and the soul of the program. This person must motivate others to be involved and support the program. A sound, rational argument for your community education program is important. However, a positive ...
Essentials of Public Health (2008)
by Bernard J. Turnock, Clinical Professor and Director Division of Community Health Sciences School of Public Health University of Illinois Chicago Illinois Bernard J Turnock, M.D.
A health educator is a white collar, professional category encompassing positions that promote, maintain, and improve individual and community health by assisting individuals and communities to adopt healthy behaviors. Health educators ...
by Elwood D. Dunn, Amos J. Beyan, Carl Patrick Burrowes
Cooper (educator), Dorothy Musuleng Cooper, Eugenia Simpson Cooper (educator), Ayele Ajavon Cox ...
by Jon Carlson, Shannon B. Dermer
Educator. Elizabeth O'Brien Family life education and family life educators (FLE) focus on providing preventive strategies to promote healthy family functioning within a family systems perspective. In order to gain a greater level of recognition ...
Volume 67 - Water and Wastewater Treatment: Protective Coating Systems to Zeolite by John J. McKetta Jr
Nutrasweet Kelco Dispersion Funnel Probably the best dispersions can be obtained with the NutraSweet Kelco funnel and mixing educator. Using this apparatus may eliminate the need for special high-shear mixing equipment. Figure 23 ...
by Melissa Hope Ditmore
No peer educator should be expected to work in conditions that are below the conditions considered acceptable for the staff of the host organisation. ♢ The host organisation must ensure that peer educators are engaged under flexible working ...
Encyclopedia of the Social and Cultural Foundations of Education: A-H ; 2, I-Z ; 3, Biographies, visual history, index (2009)
Prereferral teams refer to groups made up of a variety of school personnel ( including the special educator, school psychologist, school counselor, administrator, reading specialist, etc.) who work with general educators by observing children ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Educator
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Educator
Click on an item to view that photo:
June 2012 Scratch Educator Meetup at MIT
Photo credit: ScratchEdTeam
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Educator
Click on an item to play that video:
- Physical Science Demonstration: Liquid Flax (Educator Explanation)
Lesson Plan -...
- Educator Meaning
Video shows what educator means. A person distinguished for his/her educational work. A person who, or a thing which, educates. A teacher. Educator Meaning ...
- Audio Educator: Ob-Gyn Surgical Anatomy and Terminology from A to Z
- The Home Educator magazine- Rudi shares the vocabulary word of the week- PSITHURISM
- Audio Educator: Prep for Coder Certification: Anatomy, Physiology And Terminology
- Nicholls CCSS and PARCC Educator Leader Cadre Explanation
This presentation on the Common Core State Standards and the Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (CCSS and PARCC), was ...
- Certified Nurse Educator | Salary and Job Description of Certified Nurse Educator
Certified Nurse Educators earn competitive salaries and work in educational settings, as well as regular nurse settings. Learn more here: ...
- Paraprofessional Educator Language PD
- Health Educator Job Description
Health Educator job description. Learn about Health Educator jobs, responsibilities, salaries and more.
- Educator in Language Program for International Students
- "Music is a language of the Universe". Svitlana Lozinsky (music educator) :
- Educator.com: AP English Language and Composition w/ Prof. Rebekah Hendershot
- Atlanta Language Educator Mindmap presentation 2014 Hao Khiet mp4 muxed
- Susanna Schwab - From the novice EFL teacher to teacher educator to researcher
- Cultivating an EFL educator's PLN
- Session 3-2 Becoming an Open Language Educator: Challenges for Professional Development
- Hitomi Otani, artist & English language educator
- Atlanta Language Educator - Noel Party 2013 for Class 2 4 6
- Atlanta Language Educator Mindmap presentation 2014 Hanh Giang mp4 muxed
- APA Guide For The English Language Learner & Educator
- Audio Educator:Learning the Language of Revenue Cycle for Research Administrators
- Microsoft Expert Educator Project Description of Learning Activity by Rozanne Botha
- Educator Discusses Impact on Language Outcomes
- TILL Thursday: Language educator chat
- Atlanta Language Educator - Noel Party 2013 for Class 3 5 7
- Download The Educator's Guide to Linguistics A Textbook for Language Teachers pdf
See also the pronunciation examples of Educator!
Quotes about Educator
Mistakes are a great educator when one is honest enough to admit them and willing to learn from them
more quotes about educator...
Scrabble value of E1D2U1C3A1T1O1R1
The value of this 8-letter word is 11 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of EDUCATOR
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Educator!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Educator to see it in context!