The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun eminence:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun eminence
- Phrases with Eminence
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Eminence
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Eminence
- Photos about Eminence
- Videos about Eminence
- Quotes about Eminence
- Scrabble value of E1M3I1N1E1N1C3E1
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun eminence
What does eminence mean as a name of something?
noun - plural:
- eminence: eminences
- Eminence: Eminences
- high status importance owing to marked superiority
- a protuberance on a bone especially for attachment of a muscle or ligament
- lexical domain: Body Parts - nouns denoting body parts
- synonyms of eminence: tubercle / tuberosity
- more generic words: appendage / outgrowth / process = a natural prolongation or projection from a part of an organism either animal or plant
- more specific terms: deltoid tuberosity / deltoid eminence = a bump on the outside of the humerus where the deltoid muscle attaches
- Eminence is a city in Shannon County, Missouri, United States. The population was 600 at the time of the 2010 census. It is the county seat of Shannon County.
- Eminence is a 4th-class city in Henry County, Kentucky, in the United States. The population was 2,231 at the 2000 census. Eminence is the largest city in Henry County. Eminence is home to the loudspeaker manufacturing company, Eminence Speaker. Eminence is also home to The Highland Renaissance Festival, which runs from May through July; it also hosts a Celtic Fest in September.
- Eminence is an unincorporated community in Adams Township, Morgan County, Indiana.
There are other places with in their name, like Eminence Township.
Eminence is a musical group.
- albums: "Chaotic System", "Humanology", "Eminence", "The God of All Mistakes", "The Stalker"
- official website: www.eminence.com.br
Eminence is a record label.
"Eminence" is a musical EP of Eminence.
- released in (18 years ago)
"Eminence" is a book by Morris West.
- subjects: Clergy, Vatican City
Eminence is a super-yacht built in 2008 at the shipyard Abeking & Rasmussen. The interior and exterior design of Eminence was done by Reymond Langton Design Ltd.. The yacht has three sister-ships, Amaryllis, C2 and Titan.
Phrases with Eminence
Phrases starting with the word Eminence:
Phrases ending with the word Eminence:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Eminence
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Gray's Anatomy Review (2009)
by Marios Loukas, R. Shane Tubbs, Peter H. Abrahams, Stephen W. Carmichael, Gene L. Colborn
The posterior intercondylar eminence is the location of origin of the posterior cruciate ligament. The intercondylar eminence is a bony protuberance on the tibial plateau to which the cruciate ligaments and menisci are attached.
by Duane E. Haines
The arcuate eminence is the elevation on the petrous portion of the temporal bone signifying the position of the underlying superior semicircular canal; the medial eminence is the elevation in the floor of the fourth ventricle along the midline ...
an introductory address, delivered before the medical class of the Medical School of Maine, March 13, 1848 by Edmund Randolph Peaslee, Medical School of Maine
Genuine eminence is a result, which its appropriate causes alone can produce ; and no anticipations of its future attainment are to be realized, except by those in whom those causes act. It is not the result of accident, nor of calculation, as many ...
Encyclopedia of Creativity (2011)
Sometimes the eminence criterion is also used to single out subjects for the control group. A good example is the approach taken by researchers at the Institute for Personality Assessment and Research at the University of California at ...
by Miller, William
EMINENCE. A SERMON PUBLISHED ON THURSDAY, MAY 5TH, 1910, DELIVERED BY C. H. SPURGEON, AT THE METROPOLITANTABERNACLE, NEWINGTON, ...
by Elizabeth McLaren Kirkpatrick, C. M. Schwarz
[From the French Eminence Grise — 'the cardinal in grey' — the nickname given to Cardinal Richelieu's secretary and adviser, Pere Joseph, who was a Capuchin friar and wore a grey habit.] grief come to grief to be unsuccessful, suffer some ...
by W. P. Cocks, Samuel Cooper
The external, or radial border is formed, superiorly, by the external muscular eminence of the fold of the arm, and is consequently found almost entirely in the anterior region. Below this prominence, the radius is ...
by J. W. Ward
Eminence Bruised. — Headache in the left ...
by Barbara Kerr
Runco See also Creativity, Definition; Eminence; Originality Further Readings Richards, R. (Ed.). (2007). Everyday creativity and new views of human nature: Psychological, social and spiritual perspectives. Washington, DC: American ...
by J.E. Roeckelein
measured psychological eminence - and provide a rankordered list of the 100 most eminent psychologists of the 20th century - using scores on three quantitative (e.g., citation frequency counts of names in psychological ...
The Catholic Encyclopedia (1913)
An International Work of Reference on the Constitution, Doctrine, Discipline, and History of the Catholic Church by Charles George Herbermann, Edward Aloysius Pace, Condé Bénoist Pallen, Thomas Joseph Shahan, John Joseph Wynne
A cardinal should be addressed as "Eminence ReVerendissime" (Most Reverend Eminence); not as "Monseigneur le Cardinal", the title "Monseigneur" being below the cardinalitial dignity. Only the kings of France said " Monsieur le Cardinal ...
by William Safire
gray eminence A shadowy figure who exercises power through another; a manipulative adviser. Armand Jean du Plessis, duc de Richelieu, French statesman and cardinal, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Eminence
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Eminence
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: kevinforesman
- The Sun Sets on Eminence, KY
Photo credit: Pen Waggener
- The Gray Eminence
Photo credit: vidalia_11
- An Engineer of considerable eminence
Memorial to Edward Green at Wakefield Cathedral
Photo credit: Tim Green aka atoach
- EMINENCE H290 HORN TOP
Photo credit: Turntable Guy
View more pictures about His Eminence.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Eminence
Click on an item to play that video:
- Eminence Meaning
Video shows what eminence means. someone of high rank, reputation or social station. the quality or state of being eminent. prominence in a particular order or ...
- Eminence Indiegogo Detailed Explanation
- Sholat Sunnah Tarawih (Pengertian dan Keutamaan)(The Meaning, Virtue, eminence)
Sholat Sunnah Tarawih (Pengertian dan Keutamaan)(The Meaning, Virtue, eminence )
- Club Eminence Full Description
Private community Club Eminence fully explained!
See also the pronunciation examples of Eminence!
Quotes about Eminence
A plague on eminence! I hardly dare cross the street anymore without a convoy, and I am stared at wherever I go like an idiot member of a royal family or an animal in a zoo; and zoo animals have been known to die from stares. (Igor Stravinsky)
more quotes about eminence...
Scrabble value of E1M3I1N1E1N1C3E1
The value of this 8-letter word is 12 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Eminence to see it in context!