On this page:
Definition of the noun enterics
What does enterics mean as a name of something?
- rod-shaped Gram-negative bacteria; most occur normally or pathogenically in intestines of humans and other animals
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- synonyms of enterics: enteric bacteria / enterobacteria / entric
- more generic terms: eubacteria / eubacterium / true bacteria = a large group of bacteria having rigid cell walls
- more specific words:
- escherichia = a genus of enteric bacteria
- klebsiella = a genus of nonmotile rod-shaped Gram-negative enterobacteria
- salmonella = rod-shaped Gram-negative enterobacteria; cause typhoid fever and food poisoning
- shigella = rod-shaped Gram-negative enterobacteria; some are pathogenic for warm-blooded animals
- erwinia = rod-shaped motile bacteria that attack plants
- member of: Enterobacteriaceae / family Enterobacteriaceae = a large family of Gram-negative rod-shaped bacteria of the order Eubacteriales
Alternative definition of the noun enterics
- [biology] Gram-negative eubacteria that inhabit intestines.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Enterics
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Martin Alexander, Barry R. Bloom, David A. Hopwood, Roger Hull, Barbara H. Iglewski, Allen I. Laskin, Stephen G. Oliver, Moselio Schaechter, William C. Summers
Bacillus, Alicyclobacillus Enterics, Acinetobacter, Caulobacter, Pseudomonas Pseudomonas Enterics, Pseudomonas, Thermus, Vibrio, Xanthomonas Acholeplasma, Spiroplasma Acholeplasma, Spiroplasma Extreme halophiles and ...
by Nathan Bailey
EF'TERS, Walks, Enterics, Galleries, Hedges. 0. EFTSOONS ICjTJ'ona, Sax.-\ immediately, often, ever and anon, afterwards.
by S. Choudhary
enterics : The common name for bacteria in the family Enterobacteriaceae. enteritis : Inflammation of the intestine, particularly of the small intestine.
by Benjamin Clough
being made from its produce □enterics 3 j. a naked man; see alsp the following word <ncsJ«390 jf. ( grxd-tn naked <f9 a>Ao gots) a naked man, but especially a kind of him':: Religious ...
by James Copland
In this modification, whether occurring primarily, or in relapses, antispasmodics, given both by the mouth and by clysters, are indispensable ; but enterics, and afterwards cathartic), medicated tepid or warm baths, and inhalations, blisters, ...
The Encyclopaedia Britannica (1911)
A Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, Literature and General Information by Hugh Chisholm
It appears, however, that the first of these characters is non-existent, and that the so-callcd mes'enterics are simply the concrcscence-areas found in all medusae. There remains only the third feature, the endodcrmal gonads, as an argument for ...
Containing All the Words and Phrases Generally Used in Medicine and the Allied Sciences, with Their Proper Pronunciation, Derivation, and Definition by George Milbry Gould, Richard John Ernst Scott
enterics, typhoid fever, q. v. f. exanthema tic* articulosa. Synonym of dengue, t. famelica. See famelica. V. flava. See yellow fever, f . Hun- garica. Synonym of typhus, f. innominate, a fever in which the clinical signs are ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Enterics
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Video about Enterics
Video shows what enterics means. Gram-negative eubacteria that inhabit intestines.. Enterics Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to ...
Scrabble value of E1N1T1E1R1I1C3S1
The value of this 8-letter word is 10 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ENTERICS
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Enterics!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Enterics to find many related words and phrases!