Eris appears in the following palindrome (phrase that reads the same backward as forward):
- Sire, was I ere I saw Eris?
On this page:
- Definition of the noun eris
- Phrases with Eris
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Eris
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Eris
- Photos about Eris
- Video about Eris
- Quotes about Eris
- Scrabble value of E1R1I1S1
- Anagrams of ERIS
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun eris
What does eris mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: Erises
- (Greek mythology) goddess of discord; sister of Ares
- Eris is the Greek goddess of chaos, strife and discord. Her name is the equivalent of Latin Discordia, which means "discord". Eris' Greek opposite is Harmonia, whose Latin counterpart is Concordia. Homer equated her with the war-goddess Enyo, whose Roman counterpart is Bellona. The dwarf planet Eris is named after the goddess, as is the religion Discordianism.
- child of Zeus
- Eris a.k.a. Discord is the fictional representation of the ancient Greek mythological goddess.
- Eris, the primary antagonist, an evil mermaid with an orange tail who was trapped in a whirlpool at the end of the Barbie in A Mermaid Tale. She is Calissa's evil younger sister and Merliah's aunt, who wants to dethrone Calissa and force others to worship her. To this end, she uses a new spell that forces everyone's worst nightmares to come true. Her own worst nightmare is having legs.
- Eris is a fictional character from the book Black Ships Before Troy.
- Eris a.k.a. Eris the Morning Star is a fictional character from the TV program Battle Spirits Saikyou Ginga Ultimate Zero.
- read more about Eris the Morning Star
"Eris" is a 2012 short, drama film written and directed by Claire Hooper.
- country: United Kingdom
- language: English Language
- producer: Claire Hooper
- production design by Claire Hooper
- written by Claire Hooper
- cinematography by Jaime Felliu-Torres & Claire Hooper
- edited by Claire Hooper & Paul Simon Richards
- music by Beatrice Dillon
- genre: Drama
- released in
"Eris" is a musical album of Baku Llama.
- released in (8 years ago)
- Eris is the most massive known dwarf planet in the Solar System and the ninth most massive body known to directly orbit the Sun. It is estimated to be 2,326 ± 12 kilometres in diameter, and 27% more massive than Pluto, or about 0.27% of the Earth's mass.
- also known as 136199 Eris, 2003 UB 313
- Eris is a computer simulation of the Milky Way galaxy's physics. It was done by astrophysicists from the Institute for Theoretical Physics at the University of Zurich, Switzerland and University of California, Santa Cruz. The simulation project was undertaken at the NASA Advanced Supercomputer Division’s Pleiades and the Swiss National Supercomputing Centre for nearly eight months, which would have otherwise taken 570 years in a personal computer. The Eris simulation is the first successful detailed simulation of a Milky Way like galaxy. The results of the simulation were announced in August 2011.
Phrases with Eris
Phrases starting with the word Eris:
- Eris rufa
- Eris Bella
- Eris flava
- Eris Pinea
- Eris Jubata
- Eris valida
- Eris bulbosa
- Eris riedeli
- Eris Aurantia
- Eris Aurigera
- Eris Barbatus
- Eris Barbipes
- Eris Nervosus
- Eris Perpacta
- Eris perpasta
- Eris tricolor
Phrases ending with the word Eris:
View more phrases with the word Eris in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Eris
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Universe: First 100 Lessons (2016)
by Graeme Partington
Dwarf planet Eris is the largest known Scattered Disk Object. The first object to become identified in this region occurred ...
Finding Our Center (2009)
An Astrological and Cosmological View of Our Time by Heather M Ensworth Ph D
Eris is a trans-Neptunian body orbiting the Sun just beyond the Kuiper belt.
by Lester H. Hunt
Such an Eris is a good friend to mortals. Even the potter resents the potter, and the craftsman resents the craftsman;
by Michelle Boule
Eris - Eris is the personification of ...
The Inverted Bowl (2010)
Introductory Accounts of the Universe and Its Life by G. H. A. Cole
Eris is the largest body found so far in the belt with a mass some 27% greater than Pluto. Other possible dwarf planets are Sedna, Orcus, Quaoar ...
What is Philosophy? (1994)
by Gilles Deleuze, Félix Guattari
*See translator's introduction *Eris is the Greek divinity of discord, conflict, and strife, 19 What Is a ...
by MJ IntelliChristian
Orbit around Pluto: 58,000 miles ERIS Eris is a dwarf planet. It was put into a special classification of dwarf planets, a plutoid, after the demoted Pluto. It orbits the Sun beyond the radius of the eight official planets, at a distance about twice that ...
by Robert Doran
The good eris is the motivational source of human achievement, a productive rivalry that incites effort toward (socially) beneficial ends. One could describe the bad and the good eris respectively as conflict and competition. The first engenders ...
Deep Space Propulsion (2011)
A Roadmap to Interstellar Flight by K. F. Long
Eris is the largest object in the Kuiper Belt so far discovered, with a diameter of around 2,413 km (larger than Pluto), and is located 10 billion km from the Sun. It has an orbital period of around 560 Earth years. It is an interesting world, thought ...
Our New Solar System (2010)
A Puppet Show. by Jennifer Lawson
While Eris is the size of your moon and is the furthest planet away, it orbits the sun every 577years and a day is 8 hours long. It's super cold for six months of the year and it has one moon.” 23 “In other solar systems, your people have found ...
Eris is the largest known dwarf planet in the ...
Dwarf Planets (2010)
by Fran Howard
Eris is the largest-known dwarf planet. Scientists believe its surface. 1313.
Score Higher on the Ukcat (2016)
by Brian Holmes, Marianna Parker, Katie Hunt
Eris is the smallest dwarf planet in the Solar System. B. Neptune is further from the sun than Pluto is. C. Makemake was discovered after Eris. D. Neptune and Pluto are the only planets whose orbits intersect. Answer: Again, there is no ...
by Charles Fletcher
Eris is an object in the scattered disk region, which overlaps with the Kuiper belt, but extends farther into space and is not confined to the plane of the ecliptic. • Ceres is the fifth dwarf planet. It is a large asteroid located in the asteroid belt.
The Dictionary of SDI (1988)
by Harry Waldman
exoatmospheric reentry-vehicle interceptor subsystem (ERIS): The major SDI experimental program that is looking at the possibilities of intercepting ballistic missile warheads above ...
Space Encyclopedia (2013)
A Tour of Our Solar System and Beyond by David A. Aguilar, Christine Pulliam, Patricia Daniels
Eris was discovered in 2005. It has an orbit that goes through the Kuiper belt but also extends beyond it —nine billion miles (I4 billion km) from the sun. Eris orbits the sun about every 560 Earth years! It's about the same size as Pluto and has a ...
The Star Trek Encyclopedia (2011)
by Michael Okuda, Denise Okuda, Debbie Mirek
Eris. (Molly Hagen). Dominion agent. Eris encountered Commander Benjamin Sisko on a planet in the Gamma Quadrant in ...
by Carol Diethe
Instead of this being accompanied by the usual head of Zeus on the lead plate, the entry in Works and Days goes straight to the argument about Eris, the Janus-faced goddess of envy. Hesiod states, “One should praise the ...
Medical Lexicon (1851)
A Dictionary of Medical Science ... by Robley Dunglison
Adian'tum Capil'lus Ven'eris, A. Coriandri- fo'lium seu Nigrum, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Eris
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Eris
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: sunxez
Photo credit: Bremen Saki
Jodrell Bank features a scale model of the planets of the solar system... which was created before the controversy about Pluto. A long, long way from the rest of the planets, hidden in the depths of the arboretum (and underneath pine needles and leaves) is this: the marker for Eris.
Photo credit: mazpho.to
- Eris, Post-Smooch
Yeah, she got some lipstick on her. Don't ask how. It was too cool for words. ;)
Photo credit: dweekly
- Eris in her last moments as a Beaver
Photo credit: markhealey
- Eris took this photo of a monster amphibian
Photo credit: markhealey
- Bruno and Eris in the lift at The Deep
Photo credit: markhealey
Video about Eris
Video shows what Eris means. The goddess of discord, confusion, and strife, keeper of the golden Apple of Discord which she threw into the wedding of Peleus ...
Quotes about Eris
the accidental lack of concern
strikes me so deep for
i feel instinctually
as close to you as to i
waving frantically with my eyes
seeing your blank looks into space
closed into yourself
in isolation of yourself
i become lost in reference (Eris Stimmung)
more quotes about eris...
Scrabble value of E1R1I1S1
The value of this 4-letter word is 4 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of ERIS
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Eris!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Eris to see it in context!