On this page:
Definition of the noun euarctos
What does euarctos mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- American black bears; in some classifications not a separate genus from Ursus
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- synonym of Euarctos: genus Euarctos
- more generic term: mammal genus = a genus of mammals
- member of: family Ursidae / Ursidae = bears and extinct related forms
- member: American black bear / Euarctos americanus / Ursus americanus / black bear = brown to black North American bear
Phrases with Euarctos
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Euarctos
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Douglas M. Considine, Glenn D. Considine
American Black Bear (Euarctos) Sloth-Bears (Melursus) Polar Bears (Thalarctos) See Mustelines Weasels (Mustelinae) True Weasels ...
by Steve Luck
Species Euarctos americrmus. The Asiatic black bear lives in bush or forest areas of E and s Asia. Smaller than the American black bear, it has a white crescent marking on the chest. Aggressive, it sometimes kills livestock and humans.
by Webster's New World Dictionary, Editors Of Webster's II Dictionaries
Either of two black or dark-brown bears, Euarctos or Ursus americanus of Nonh America or Selenarctos thibetanus of Asia . black ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Euarctos
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Scrabble value of E1U1A1R1C3T1O1S1
The value of this 8-letter word is 10 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of EUARCTOS
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Euarctos!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Euarctos to find many related words and phrases!