The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the verb exact:
On this page:
- Definition of the adjective exact
- Definition of the verb exact
- Phrases with Exact
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Exact
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Exact
- Photos about Exact
- Video language resources about Exact
- Sign language
- Quotes about Exact
- Scrabble value of E1X8A1C3T1
- Share this page
The word exact is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
Exact (to force the payment of; demand and obtain by authority) is considered to be an advanced word, according to the Barron's essential words for the GRE, which includes 800 college- and graduate-level words that frequently appear on the Graduate Record Exam.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective exact
What does exact mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more exact / exacter | most exact / exactest
- marked by strict and particular and complete accordance with fact
- (of ideas, images, representations, expressions) characterized by perfect conformity to fact or truth; strictly correct
Alternative definition of the adjective exact
- Precisely agreeing with a standard, a fact, or the truth; perfectly conforming; neither exceeding nor falling short in any respect.
- Habitually careful to agree with a standard, a rule, or a promise; accurate; methodical; punctual
- Precisely or definitely conceived or stated; strict.
- synonym: spot on
- [algebra, of a sequence of groups connected by homomorphisms] Such that the kernel of one homomorphism is the image of the preceding one.
Definition of the verb exact
What does exact mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: exacted | exacting | exacts
- claim as due or just
- example: The banks exact the check
Syntactic formula Example for the syntactic formula [Agent - being or organization] [Verb] [Theme] Carmen bought a dress | Carmen obtained the spare part [Agent - being or organization] [Verb] [Theme] from [Source] Carmen bought a dress from Diana | Carmen obtained the spare part from Diana
- lexical domain: Communication - verbs of telling, asking, ordering, singing
- synonym of exact: demand
- more generic word: claim = ask for legally or make a legal claim to, as of debts, for example
- more specific terms:
- take as an undesirable consequence of some event or state of affairs
Alternative definition of the verb exact
- [transitive] To demand and enforce the payment or performance of.
- [transitive] To make desirable or necessary.
- [transitive] To forcibly obtain or produce.
Exact is a TV program creator, theater company.
- also known as Exact Co Ltd
- official website: www.exact.co.th
- Exact is a software.
- Exact Co. Ltd was a Japanese video game developer that was best known for developing all three of the Jumping Flash! series. The company was founded in 1990 by Hiroyuki Saegusa and Toshimitsu Ōdaira. Exact Co. Ltd was renamed Sugar and Rockets in 1999, until then being merged with SCEI in 2000.
Phrases with Exact
Phrases starting with the word Exact:
Phrase ending with the word Exact:
Other phrases containing the word Exact:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Exact
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Basic Theory, Measurement, Applications by Daniel Schuster
As a whole, chemists are more interested in knowing the aggregation numbers n even if they are not very accurate, but are not as interested as are physicists in the exact shape of the pair correlation function. Chemists often use micelles for the ...
A New Medical Dictionary (1890)
by George Milbry Gould
exact. equivalents. of. the. metric. and. comma: weights. and. measures. may. prove. serviceable. LENGTH.
Wörterbuch der Handels-, Finanz- und Rechtssprache / Dictionary of Commerical, Financial and Legal Terms / Dictionnaire des Termes Commerciaux, Financiers et Juridiques (2012)
to give exact (full) details ( particulars) of sth. || préciser qch.; donner des précisions (des détails précis) sur qch. | ~ antworten | to answer accurately || répondre avec précision | eine Bestimmung ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Exact
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Exact
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Exact
Click on an item to play that video:
- "Exact Meaning" of 1st BLOOD Moon / 3rd Temple "READY" : [*News]
- Exact meaning of the 2nd Amendment
Exact meaning of the 2nd Amendment.
- Exact Meaning
Video shows what exact means. Precisely agreeing with a standard, a fact, or the truth; perfectly conforming; neither exceeding nor falling short in any respect.
- Nuclear Watch: Fukushima TEPCO there was no exact definition for "Meltdown" 12/26/2014
The Japanese government has released more interview accounts of the 2011 nuclear accident. 772 interviews were conducted in 2011 and 2012 by a ...
- [VHDL] Error Fixing: cannot determine exact overloaded matching definition
found '0' definitions of operator "+", cannot determine exact overloaded matching definition for "+" To fix above error: the easy way is to include the package: use ...
- Special Report on the Exact Meaning and Scope of the ICJ's Judgment
- EXACT DEFINITION OF YOGA PRANAYAMA BY YOGA GURU RAMNEEK WIG
- Acharya Rajbir Gaurs exact meaning of kal sharp dosh.dat
- EXPLANATION (exact)
- Exact same Meaning
Video shows what exact same means. Same, exactly the same, same exact.. Exact same Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say ...
- PROPHECY Woman Identified By Her Exact Description Of Clothes
- Exact Language
- PROPHECY, Disappointment, Divorce, EXACT DESCRIPTION of Her Husband
- Final Project 5 001.MOV Exact language
- Large exact number counting requires LANGUAGE!
Research study with Deaf Nicaraguans shows language needed to count large (10,11,12....) exact numbers!
See also the pronunciation examples of Exact!
Click on an item to play that video:
Quotes about Exact
Scrabble value of E1X8A1C3T1
The value of this 5-letter word is 14 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Exact to see it in context!