The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun execration:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun execration
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Execration
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Execration
- Video language resources about Execration
- Quotes about Execration
- Scrabble value of E1X8E1C3R1A1T1I1O1N1
- Anagrams of EXECRATION
- Share this page
Definition of the noun execration
What does execration mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: execrations
- hate coupled with disgust
- an appeal to some supernatural power to inflict evil on someone or some group
- lexical domain: Communicative Processes - nouns denoting communicative processes and contents
- synonyms of execration: condemnation / curse
- more generic words: denouncement / denunciation = a public act of denouncing
- more specific words:
- the object of cursing or detestation; that which is execrated
Alternative definition of the noun execration
- An act or instance of cursing; a curse dictated by violent feelings of hatred; an imprecation; an expression of utter detestation.
- That which is execrated; a detested thing.
Execration is a musical group.
- albums: "Syndicate of Lethargy", "Oslo We Rot", "Odes of the Occult", "Morbid Dimensions"
- official website: execration.no
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Execration
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Synonyms Discriminated (1908)
A Dictionary of Synonymous Words in the English Language, Illustrated with Quotations from Standard Writers by Charles John Smith
The execration is an expression of reliious horror, or in its milder form, of t e strongest aversion. CURSORY. Dssuuronv. many. Cuasonr (Lat. cursfirius, relating to one who runs) denotes such haste as implies of necessity the impossibility of ...
has held before us for general execration is the desire to do good things, brave things, grand things—unless, indeed, it be a worse offense to persist in Philistinic purpose and to accomplish notable and worthy things. With these came the era ...
The Shepherd (1835)
versal execration is the greatest punishment which can be inflicted. Universality of assent is thus almost tantamount to a demonstration of a fact. There is an apparent objection to this assertion, in the circumstance of the occasional ...
by Eric Orlin
®execration. figurines, ̄ the ritual manipulation and destruction of which were meant to bind and destroy demonic forces. Of course, local spirits might also be propitiated and appeased for healing by offering pleasing substances and ...
Oder Vollständiges Englisch-deutsches Wörterbuch, Anfänglich Von Nathan Bailey Herausgegeben; Jetzt Aber Fast Ganz Umgearbeitet, Vermehret und Verbessert Von Anton Ernst Klausing, ... by Nathan Bailey
Ä execration, execrabilitas, se“ "Versuchung, Abscheulichkeit, - Execrably, execrablement, execrabiliter, verfluchter, abscheulicher Weise. To Execrate, deteser, execrare, verfluchen, verabscheuen. Execration, (esekräsch'n) execration, die ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Execration
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Video language resources about Execration
Click on an item to play that video:
- Execration Meaning
Video shows what execration means. An act or instance of cursing; a curse dictated by violent feelings of hatred; an imprecation; an expression of utter ...
- Highlights Fnatic vs Execration - ESL One at New York Super Week
- Highlights Execration vs Fnatic Game 2- ESL One at New York Super Week
- ESL One New York 2015 SEA Quali Execration vs Underminer game 3
buy games on G2A...
- ESL One New York 2015 SEA Quali Execration vs Underminer game 2
buy games on G2A...
- ESL One New York 2015 SEA Quali Execration vs Underminer game 1
buy games on G2A...
Quotes about Execration
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'execration"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Scrabble value of E1X8E1C3R1A1T1I1O1N1
The value of this 10-letter word is 19 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of EXECRATION
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Execration!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Execration to find many related words and phrases!