On this page:
- Definition of the verb exist
- Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for EXist
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for EXist
- Usage statistics about exist
- Photos about EXist
- Video language resources about EXist
- Quotes about EXist
- Scrabble value of E1X8I1S1T1
- Anagrams of EXIST
- Share this page
EXist is sometimes a misspelling of exists.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the verb exist
What does exist mean as a doing word?
Exist is one of the top 1000 most common verbs in the English language.
verb - inflections: existed | existing | exists
- have an existence, be extant
Syntactic formula Example for the syntactic formula [Theme] [Verb] Unicorns don't exist [Theme] [Verb] [Locative Preposition] [Location] Unicorns don't exist on Earth
Verbs of Existence (with the same syntax): coexist, correspond, depend, dwell, extend, flourish, languish, linger, live, loom, lurk, persevere, persist, predominate, prevail, prosper, remain, reside, shelter, stay, thrive, tower, wait.
- lexical domain: Stative - verbs of being, having, spatial relations
- synonym of exist: be
- more specific terms:
- come = be found or available
- preexist = exist beforehand or prior to a certain point in time
- kick around / knock about / kick about = be around
- coexist / cohabit = exist together
- indwell = to exist as an inner activating spirit, force, or principle
- prevail / obtain / hold = be valid, applicable, or true
- consist / lie in / dwell / lie = originate
- jeopardise / jeopardize / endanger / threaten / imperil / menace / peril = pose a threat to
- flow = be abundantly present
- distribute = be distributed or spread, as in statistical analyses
- inhabit / dwell = exist or be situated within
- support oneself
- example: he could barely exist on such a low wage
Syntactic formula Example for the syntactic formula Verbs with the same syntax [Theme] [Verb] Unicorns don't exist Verbs of Existence: coexist, correspond, depend, dwell, extend, flourish, languish, linger, live, loom, lurk, persevere, persist, predominate, prevail, prosper, remain, reside, shelter, stay, thrive, tower, wait [Theme] [Verb] [Locative Preposition] [Location] Unicorns don't exist on Earth [Agent - being] [Verb] on [Patient] Cynthia breakfasted on peaches | Cynthia gorged on peaches Verbs of Ingesting: feed, flourish, gorge, live, prosper, subsist, survive, thrive
- lexical domain: Stative - verbs of being, having, spatial relations
- synonyms of exist: live / subsist / survive
- more specific words:
Alternative definition of the verb exist
- to be; have existence; have being or reality
- synonym: be
"Exist" is a film, directed by Esther Bell.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- genres: Political drama, Documentary film, Indie film, Drama
- released in (12 years ago)
- "Exist" a.k.a. "Exist!" is a musical album of Thesyre.
- released on (9 years ago)
- "Exist" is a musical album of Millenium.
- released in (8 years ago)
- "Exist" is a musical EP of Planet Boelex.
- released on
- "Exist" is a musical EP of OVERWERK.
- released on
- "Exist" is a musical album of Oliver Ho.
- released in (14 years ago)
- "Exist" is a musical album of Chaotech.
- "Exist" is a musical album of Antagonist.
- released on (7 years ago)
- "Exist" is a musical album of Subkicks.
- released on (8 years ago)
- "Exist" is the fifth album by Tony Rich released on September 23, 2008 by Hidden Beach Records. The album is produced, written, arranged and performed by Tony Rich.
Exist is a record label.
- eXist is an open source NoSQL database and application platform built on XML technology. It is classified as both a NoSQL Document database and a native XML database. Unlike most RDBMS and NoSQL databases, eXist provides XQuery and XSLT as its query and application programming languages.
- genres: Database management system, Database, NoSQL
- license: GNU Lesser General Public License
- Exist is a single by electronic music artist OVERWERK. Released on June 23, 2014, the song also had "Exist" released as part of a two-song EP package. OVERWERK, also a graphic designer, created the album cover.
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for EXist
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Vasubandhu's "Refutation of the Theory of a Self" by James Duerlinger
A primary object a consciousness knows to exist is an incidental cause of a perception of ourselves in the sense that it causes the consciousness to arise that knows that it exists and this consciousness also happens to perceive ...
Unbelievable Facts and Astounding Trivia on Movies, Music, Crime, Celebrities, History, and More by Jamie Frater
remain in a location where planets were thought unable to exist is a question that continues to perplex astronomers.
The Complete Guide to the Use of Aromatic Oils In Aromatherapy, Herbalism, Health, and Well Being by Lawless, Julia
many subspecies and cultivars exist . Pinus tabulaeformis: Chinese pine. Pinus yunnanensis: Yunnan pine, Chinese pine. Pseudotsuga menziesii (P. taxifolia): Douglas fir, Oregon balsam (oil); two ...
The popular encyclopedia; or, 'Conversations Lexicon': [ed. by A. Whitelaw from the Encyclopedia Americana]. (1877)
by Popular encyclopedia
No clavicles exist. The nose and ears are short, and the tail is rudimentary. No canine teeth exist, and ...
by Donald J. Zeyl
Ofthe present year, some months, the pastones, exist no more,whereas others, thefuture ones, donotyet exist. Itis similar withthe presentmonth, the present day, indeed foranyperiodof timethat can be said tobe present. Some of theperiod ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for EXist
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Usage statistics about exist
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English from the later part of the 20th century, both spoken and written.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the verb exist:
Photos about EXist
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: scragz
Photo credit: erix!
Photo credit: coglanslaw
Photo credit: temptationize
- Order to Exist
It's an old ploy of the bourgeoisie. They keep a standing 'art' to defend their collapsing culture. George Grosz
Photo credit: Paradise.Found
Photo credit: LoopZilla
Photo credit: smulligannn
Photo credit: Martika G
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about EXist
Click on an item to play that video:
- Intrinsic Value Definition = FEELINGS EXIST - agreed - EXPERIENCE HAPPENS
No other logical INFERENCE possible !
- Invisible Railing when no Balusters exist in definition
- Exist Meaning
Video shows what exist means. to be; have existence; have being or reality. exist pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition by Wiktionary dictionary. exist ...
- Mankind's Fortune To Exist Without Explanation
- Extents of Revit 2013 Railings bug - when no balusters exist in definition (HD version)
- Explanation Of Ghosts, Entities And How They Exist
Bart Sharp explains the dynamics of ghost and entities removal from homes and off persons. He explains how these spirits exists in this reality.
- Does "True Meaning" exist apart from God!
- April 26, 2009 Explanation: Good and Bad do not exist, Just Perfection
- Bankers, spiritual explanation of why they exist
If you are spiritual you must watch this video. You can have a different perception, more loving, about bankers.
- Exist (Verb) - Daily Dictionary
- Can a transparent table exist in data dictionary but not in the database physically | SAP ABAP FAQ
- Word REVENGE doesn't exist in Nawaz Sharif's dictionary Pervaiz Rasheed on Zardari's Statement
- ESL: Occupations Reading "10 Jobs That Will & Won't Exist in the Future"
- ESL - Science & Technology - Technologies Predicted In Famous Dystopian Novel Already Exist
Dave Eggers avoids much of new technology and especially technology evangelists, since he simply does not like either. Amazingly enough he was able to ...
View more videos about Does Not Exist.
See also the pronunciation examples of EXist!
Quotes about EXist
Scrabble value of E1X8I1S1T1
The value of this 5-letter word is 12 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of EXIST
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of EXist!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of EXist to see it in context!