Expert appears in the following pangram (a sentence using every letter of the alphabet at least once):
- My folks proved his expert eloquence was just a big hazard. (48 letters)
On this page:
- Definition of the noun expert
- Definition of the adjective expert
- Phrases with Expert
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Expert
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Expert
- Photos about Expert
- Video language resources about Expert
- Sign language
- Quotes about Expert
- Scrabble value of E1X8P3E1R1T1
- Anagrams of EXPERT
- Share this page
The word expert and its family (expertise, expertly, experts) are included in the Academic Word List by Dr. Averil Coxhead, which contains the 570 most frequent word families used in academic texts from a variety of subject areas, of interest for students that learn the words most needed to study at tertiary institutions.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun expert
What does expert mean as a name of something?
Expert is one of the top 1000 most common nouns in the English language.
noun - plural: experts
- a person with special knowledge or ability who performs skillfully
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- more generic words: individual / mortal / person / somebody / someone / soul = a human being
- more specific terms:
- sensation / superstar / champion / virtuoso / hotshot / genius / wizard / adept / maven / mavin / whizz / star / whiz / ace / wiz = someone who is dazzlingly skilled in any field
- agronomist = an expert in soil management and field-crop production
- all arounder / all-rounder = a versatile person who is expert at many things
- analyst = someone who is skilled at analyzing data
- analyst = an expert who studies financial data (on credit or securities or sales or financial patterns etc.) and recommends appropriate business actions
- anatomist = an expert in anatomy
- antiquarian / antiquary / archaist = an expert or collector of antiquities
- supreme authority / arbiter = someone with the power to settle matters at will
- archer / bowman = a person who is expert in the use of a bow and arrow
- authority = an expert whose views are taken as definitive
- black belt = a person who attained the rank of expert in the martial arts
- kabbalist / cabalist = an expert who is highly skilled in obscure or difficult or esoteric matters
- calculator / estimator / computer / reckoner / figurer = an expert at calculation
- climatologist = someone who is expert in climatology
- computer expert / computer guru = an authority on computers and computing
- cosmetologist = an expert in the use of cosmetics
- efficiency engineer / efficiency expert = an expert in increasing the efficient use of machines and personnel
- exegete = a person skilled in exegesis
- genealogist = an expert in genealogy
- geographer = an expert on geography
- horticulturist / plantsman = an expert in the science of cultivating plants
- investigator = someone who investigates
- legal expert / jurist = a legal scholar versed in civil law or the law of nations
- lapidarist / lapidary = an expert on precious stones and the art of cutting and engraving them
- logistician / logician = a person skilled at symbolic logic
- mnemonist = an expert in the use of mnemonics
- mythologist = an expert on mythology
- nerd = an intelligent but single-minded expert in a particular technical field or profession
- commentator / observer = an expert who observes and comments on something
- out-and-outer = someone who is excellent at something
- parliamentarian = an expert in parliamentary rules and procedures
- past master = someone who has long and thorough experience in a given activity
- prosthetist = an expert in prosthetics
- pteridologist = an expert in the study of ferns
- pathfinder / guide / scout = someone who can find paths through unexplored territory
- shark = a person who is unusually skilled in certain ways
- shooter / shot = a person who shoots
- specialiser / specializer / specialist = an expert who is devoted to one occupation or branch of learning
- talent = a person who possesses unusual innate ability in some field or activity
- technician = someone known for high skill in some intellectual or artistic technique
- technocrat = an expert who is a member of a highly skilled elite group
- therapist / healer = a person skilled in a particular type of therapy
- old stager / old-timer / old hand / oldtimer / warhorse / veteran / stager = an experienced person who has been through many battles
Definition of the adjective expert
What does expert mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more expert / most expert
- having or showing knowledge and skill and aptitude
- of or relating to or requiring special knowledge to be understood
Alternative definition of the adjective expert
- Extraordinarily capable or knowledgeable.
- antonym: inexpert
- Characteristic of an expert.
Expert International GmbH is a Swiss consumer electronics retail chain headquartered in Zug, Switzerland.
- also known as Expert International
- official website: www.expert.org
- Expert is a fictional character from the 2007 film La duodécima hora.
- Expert is a fictional character from the 2007 film La duodécima hora.
- Expert is a fictional character from the 2011 film Suicide Room.
- Expert is a fictional character from the 1992 film Jennifer 8.
"Expert" a.k.a. "The Expert" is a 1995 action film about an ex-special forces trainer who decides to exact revenge on the murderer of his sister Jenny Lomax after his death sentence is commuted. The film was directed by Rick Avery and William Lustig, and stars Jeff Speakman, Jim Varney and James Brolin.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- genres: Action Film, Thriller
- released in (20 years ago)
- Expert or Ekspert magazine is a Russian weekly business magazine, established in 1995 in Moscow by a group of editors and journalists who departed from Kommersant publishing house. It covers economics and finance, Russian business, international business, politics, science and technology, culture and arts. It also features a books and market indicators sections. Currently it is part of Expert Group, a media, conference and research business based in Moscow. Besides Expert, it also includes Russkiy Reporter and Expert TV, a business-oriented TV channel.
- Expert: This type of license if for those using the software for work and/or on a larger scale.
- Expert is a run rating.
Phrases with Expert
Phrases starting with the word Expert:
Phrases ending with the word Expert:
- legal expert
- escape expert
- like an expert
- computer expert
- economic expert
- efficiency expert
- fingerprint expert
- handwriting expert
- macroeconomic expert
- microeconomic expert
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Expert
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Volume 72: Supplement 35 by Allen Kent
Introduction An expert system is an application of artificial intelligence (AI), which is the area of computer science that includes studies of how machines can be made to behave intelligently. Although AI includes research into many facets of ...
Encyclopedia of Creativity (2011)
Webster's dictionary defines an expert as “one who has acquired special skill in or knowledge of a particular subject through professional training and practical experience.” Accordingly, typical experts are individuals such as medical doctors, ...
by Rita C Richey
EXPERT. SYSTEM. and. LEARNING. ORGANIZATION. and. MANAGEMENT. SYSTEMS. A relatively new field, knowledge management (KM) began to coalesce in the 1990s as a result of advances in cognitive science and the understanding ...
The Internet Encyclopedia (2004)
by Hossein Bidgoli
Expert. Systems. Robert J. Schalkoff, Clemson University StrandWare Bar Code Label Printing & Tracking Software - Technical. Introduction 237 The Production System Paradigm and Rule-Based Systems (RBS) 237 Overview 237 Features of ...
by Robin L. Cautin, Scott O. Lilienfeld
In the course of performing a forensic examination, writing a report and preparing for testimony, an expert legitimately becomes identified with an opinion that has been reached. This reasonable identification with one's own opinion may also ...
by Tomei, Lawrence A.
Expert systems are viable additions to the management and dispersion of information, ...
by Louisa Pansegrouw
trial, try experimental conjectural, empirical, exploratory, hypothetical, indefinite , pending, preliminary, probative, provisional, questionable, speculative, tentative , test, theoretic, trail, untried experimental workshop laboratory expert able, ace, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Expert
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Expert
Click on an item to view that photo:
View more pictures about Expert witnesses.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Expert
Click on an item to play that video:
- Dream Interpretation Expert Lauren Lawrence The Meaning Of Dreams About Exes on Huffington Post
Just when you think you're over an ex, he or she suddenly makes an appearance in your dreams. But does that mean you're still hung up on the relationship?
- Mysterious stone circles in China: Expert gives explanation
Over 200 circles of stones in the Gobi desert could have been worship sites for ancient nomadic people, a local archaeologist has said. Report by Lauren ...
- BODY LANGUAGE of lying, lies and deceit an expert explanation - Scott Sylvan Bell
BODY LANGUAGE of lying, lies and deceit an expert explanation is meant to help people you understand and interpret the signs and signals of lying. It may be ...
- Expert Explanation why Polyurethane is better than Mudjacking
- Focused Approach: An Expert Explanation of ADHD in the Classroom
"Focused Approach: An Expert Explanation of ADHD in the Classroom" is a copy of a past live webinar held by Scholar's Choice, featuring returning Guest ...
- Spring 2013 - "Stuff: Hoarding, Collecting, and Meaning" by Hoarding Expert Randy Frost
Prof. Randy Frost, an internationally known expert on obsessive-compulsive disorder, compulsive hoarding, and the pathology of perfectionism, delivers the ...
- The Chase - Bradley the Slang Expert!!
Bradley reckons he's the so-called expert on slang terms.......but even he hasn't heard if this one!!
- What is Branding , Definition by Branding Expert Success Coach Nilesh
For Step by Step Guide for Branding...
- Expert Explanation of New Treatments for Myeloma
Dr. Sagar Lonial, a noted multiple myeloma expert from Emory University's Winship Cancer Center, gives his opinion about approved and "coming soon" ...
- What is a brand, Definition By Branding Expert Success Coach Nilesh
For Step by Step Guide for Branding...
- The Meaning of Crossing Your Arms-Body Language Expert and Keynote Speaker Traci Brown
Here's a clip recorded live by Denver Keynote Speaker andBody Language Expert Traci Brown.. Call to book Traci for your group today! 303-494-7075.
- StepMania/Mungyodance - Definition of a BadBoy (Forevolution Mix) Expert [Chart View]
And this, ladies and gentleman, is probably the easiest "11"-rated chart you'll find in the Mungyodance series. It's easier than most 10's and even some 9's.
- Seologies Expert Vocabulary Tutorial
Seologies.com is an easy and powerful tool that allows you rank your page creating relevant content, according to the requirements of Google Panda 4. This is a ...
- Expert Meaning
Video shows what expert means. Extraordinarily capable or knowledgeable.. Characteristic of an expert.. expert pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition by ...
- NIcolas gives safety tips and expert vocabulary a bout longboards in Boca Raton, Florida
Safety tips and special vocabulary by Nicolas -- a student of English at a school in Boca Raton. Video recorded in January 2012. Reminders: helmet, knee pads ...
- Rock Band 2 - New Slang Expert Guitar FC (HD)
The Shins - New Slang Good song, but it wasn't that fun on guitar.
- Expert Vocabulary Entry
- Hip and Groin Pain - Expert Consensus on the Terminology
This presentation looks at the Expert Consensus on terminology for Hip and Groin Pain. For further information, webinars & dates for the Adult Hip Course, head ...
- Apartheid Definition -- Expert Opinion
- Cisco Certified Internetwork Expert (CCIE) (Glossary Definition) (Screencast)
- Body Language Expert Mark Bowden at TEDxToronto - The Importance Of Being Inauthentic
Body language, behavior and business communication expert Mark Bowden speaks at the fifth annual TEDxToronto. For more help go to...
- Body language expert analyzes the presidential debate
CNN's Gary Tuchman talks to an expert about the candidates' body language during the first 2012 presidential debate.
- Body Language Lesson 1 by the Body Language Expert
- Nonverbal Communication, Body Language Expert Jan Hargrave
Can you tell when someone is lying? How can you project confidence or sincerity? What does your handshake say about you? It's all about body language.
- Expert description of Westinghouse's 600mm and 900mm fixed kitchen rangehoods - Appliances Online
Buy Westinghouse fixed rangehoods here...
- Body Language Expert Janine Driver's Secret Savvy Strategies
Body Language Expert the Media & Fortune 500 Companies Turn To For Accuracy in Reading Non-Verbal Communication! - KEYNOTE SPEAKER Janine ...
- PIX11 News Body Language Expert Tonya Reiman analyzes Bill Cosby 12 16 14
Body Language Expert Tonya Reiman along with Peter Shankman analyze Bill Cosby. Tonya Reiman is a media personality, speaker and author of three books ...
- Expert description of the V190SG2EBK 170 bottle Vintec wine storage cabinet - Appliances Online
Buy the V190SG2EBK 170 bottle Vintec wine storage cabinet here...
- A Body Language Expert Gave Us a Riveting Breakdown of the GOP Debate
Gretchen Carlson welcomed body language expert Tonya Reiman to "The Real Story" today to analyze the candidates' beneath-the-surface movements and ...
- Expert description of the Omega Single Oven OO651 in stainless steel and white - Appliances Online
To buy this product visit...
View more videos about Like an Expert.
See also the pronunciation examples of Expert!
Click on an item to play that video:
- Introducing A Mutilingual SEO Expert in American Sign Language ( ASL)
Maria Johnsen is a multilingual search engine optimization expert. She has spent time living and working around the world in varied yet significant roles as a ...
- Sign Language expert Thamsanqa Jantjie shows off the red balloon signing dialect
Thamsanqa Jantjie has many talents, and knows many sign language dialects. He can even interpret angels. Here he is, on stage with American President ...
- Skyping with a sign language expert
Quotes about Expert
Scrabble value of E1X8P3E1R1T1
The value of this 6-letter word is 15 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of EXPERT
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Expert!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Expert to see it in context!