On this page:
Definition of the verb express joy
What does express joy mean as a doing phrase?
- produce laughter
- lexical domain: Body Actions - verbs of grooming, dressing and bodily care
- synonyms of express joy: express mirth / laugh
- more generic terms: express emotion / express feelings = give verbal or other expression to one's feelings
- more specific terms:
- bray = laugh loudly and harshly
- bellylaugh = laugh a deep, hearty laugh
- howl / roar = laugh unrestrainedly and heartily
- snicker / snigger = laugh quietly
- giggle / titter = laugh nervously
- break up / crack up = laugh unrestrainedly
- cackle = emit a loud, unpleasant kind of laughing
- laugh loudly / guffaw = laugh boisterously
- laugh softly / chortle / chuckle = laugh quietly or with restraint
- convulse = be overcome with laughter
- cachinnate = laugh loudly and in an unrestrained way
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Express Joy
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A Thesaurus Dictionary of the English Language Designed to Suggest Immediately Any Desired Word Needed to Express Exactly a Given Idea (1906)
A Dictionary, Synonyms, Antonyms, Idioms, Foreign Phrases, Pronunciations, a Copious Correlation of Words by Francis Andrew March
To express joy by dancing. Die with laughter. To be convulsed with laughter. Exult.
by Shane J. Lopez
also found to commonly express joy in response to the mastery of various skills, which may be the outer communication of an inner pleasure that functions to reinforce the achievement of personal goals. Aksan and Kochanska systematically ...
by Helmer Ringgren
'Izfls has an invariant semantic core: "express joy." More specific features ("self- confidently," etc.) and valuative connotations do not depend on the choice of sibilant (z/s) or the form (qattil) but only on the specific context. The ancient versions ...
to express joy at another's prosperity. Gratulation, (grat- u-hvshun) n. expression of joy. [ing joy. Gratulatory. (grat'u-la-tor-e) a. express- ...
by John Boag
To express Joy or pleasure to ...
An American Dictionary of the English Language: Intended to Exhibit, I. The Origin, Affinities and Primary Signification of English Words, as Far as They Have Been Ascertained. II. The Genuine Orthography and Pronunication of Words, According to General Usage, Or to Just Principles of Analogy. III. Accurate and Discriminating Definitions, with Numerous Authorities and Illustrations. To which are Prefixed an Introductory Dissertation on the Origin, History and Connection of the Languages of Western Asia and of Europe, and a Concise Grammar of the English Language (1828)
by Noah Webster
To express joy or pleasure ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Express Joy
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Express Joy
If you need images about Express Joy for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price: