On this page:
Definition of the noun eye muscle
What does eye muscle mean as a name of something?
- one of the small muscles of the eye that serve to rotate the eyeball
- lexical domain: Body Parts - nouns denoting body parts
- synonym of eye muscle: ocular muscle
- more generic words: muscle / musculus = one of the contractile organs of the body
- more specific terms:
- lateral rectus muscle / rectus lateralis / abducens muscle / lateral rectus = the ocular muscle whose contraction turns the eyeball outward
- inferior rectus muscle / inferior rectus / rectus inferior = the ocular muscle whose contraction turns the eyeball down and medially
- medial rectus muscle / rectus medialis / medial rectus = the ocular muscle whose contraction turns the eyeball medially
- superior rectus muscle / rectus superior / superior rectus = the ocular muscle whose contraction turns the eyeball upward and medially
- part of: eye / oculus / optic = the organ of sight
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Eye Muscle
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Harold A Stein, Raymond M Stein
E Elevator muscle: An eye muscle that rotates the eye upward, that is, the superior rectus and inferior oblique muscles. Epicanthus: Congenital skin fold that overlies the inner canthus and simulates the appearance of esotropia. Episclera: A ...
by Bruce C. Carlstedt, Mary J. Stanaszek, Walter F. Stanaszek
eye mechanical ophthalmotrope eye muscle balance orthophoria normal condition eye muscle measurer optomyometer eye nerve paralysis ophthalmoplegia paralysis of the motor nerves of the eye eye ointment oculentum eye operation ...
by Diana M. Goodwin
eye muscle imbalance causing double vision; blindness, usually transient in one eye; loss of sphincter control; patchy painless sensory changes ...
Das Allgemeine Brouillon by Novalis
Initially, we determine a visible phenomenon via a move- ment in the volume of the eye muscle.—The intensity of this movement determines the brightness of the object and the strength of its light.—The color is determined by refraction, by a ...
A Dictionary of Psychology (2015)
by Andrew M. Colman
extrinsic eye muscle n. Another name for an *extra-ocular ...
by Stuart Sutherland
An extraocular eye muscle that pulls the eye downward and slightly towards ...
by Donald Venes
SEE: extraocular eye muscle. SEE: illus. Superior rectus muscle Superior oblique muscle Medial Optic nerve rectus muscle Lateral rectus muscle Inferior oblique muscle Eyeball Inferior rectus muscle EXTRAOCULAR EYE MUSCLES Eye ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Eye Muscle
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Eye Muscle to find many related words and phrases!