On this page:
Fa Mulan is a fictional character who appears in Walt Disney Pictures' 36th animated feature film Mulan and its sequel Mulan II. Voiced by Chinese-American actress Ming-Na Wen in her voice-acting debut and Filipina singer Lea Salonga, Wen provides the character's speaking voice, while Salonga provides her singing voice. Originally, Salonga had been cast as both the speaking and singing voices of Mulan until the directors, dissatisfied with singer's impersonation of Mulan's male alter-ego, ultimately replaced her with Wen who, according to co-director Tony Bancroft, sounds "very Chinese.
- also known as Li Mulan, Fa Ping, Mulan, General Hua Mulan, Hua Mulan, Young Hua Mulan
- child of Fa Zhou and Fa Li
- occupation: Soldier
- created by Robert D. San Souci
- in films:
- "Mulan", played by Ming-Na Wen
- "Mulan", played by Lea Salonga
- "Mulan II", played by Ming-Na Wen
- "Mulan II", played by Lea Salonga
- "Mulan", played by Zhang Ziyi
- "The World of Mulan", played by Ming-Na Wen
- "Reflections on Ice: Michelle Kwan Skates to the Music of Disney's 'Mulan'", played by Michelle Kwan
- "Reflections on Ice: Michelle Kwan Skates to the Music of Disney's 'Mulan'", played by Christina Aguilera
- "Reflections on Ice: Michelle Kwan Skates to the Music of Disney's 'Mulan'", played by Ming-Na Wen
- official website: princess.disney.com/mulan
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Fa Mulan
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Facing Goliath (2013)
How a Man Overcomes His Giants to Follow Christ by J. P. Jones
Fa Mulan is a young girl ...
by Jonathan H. X. Lee, Kathleen M. Nadeau
Popular Chinese American folktales being told and retold include Fa Mulan, the Monkey King, Kuan-yin (the Goddess of Compassion), Kwan Kung, Yue Fei, the kitchen god, ghost stories, etc. Significantly, the heroes and heroines in these ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Fa Mulan
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about Fa Mulan
Photo credit: Xubaet
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Fa Mulan to see it in context!