Falls appears in the following tongue twister:
- Out in the pasture the nature watcher watches the catcher. While the catcher watches the pitcher who pitches the balls. Whether the temperature's up or whether the temperature's down, the nature watcher, the catcher and the pitcher are always around. The pitcher pitches, the catcher catches and the watcher watches. So whether the temperature's rises or whether the temperature falls the nature watcher just watches the catcher who's watching the pitcher who's watching the balls.
(by Sharon Johnson)
On this page:
- Definition of the noun falls
- Phrases with Falls
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Falls
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Falls
- Photos about Falls
- Videos about Falls
- Sign language
- Quotes about Falls
- Scrabble value of F4A1L1L1S1
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun falls
What does falls mean as a name of something?
- the petals or sepals of a flower that bend downward (especially the outer perianth of an iris)
- a steep descent of the water of a river
- lexical domain: Natural Objects - nouns denoting natural objects (not man-made)
- synonym of falls: waterfall
- more generic terms: body of water / water = the part of the earth's surface covered with water
- more specific words:
- American Falls = a part of Niagara Falls in western New York
- Angel Falls / Angel = the highest waterfall; has more than one leap
- Horseshoe Falls / Canadian Falls = a part of Niagara Falls in Ontario
- Cuquenan Falls / Kukenaam Falls / Cuquenan / Kukenaam = a famous waterfall in Venezuela
- Victoria Falls / Iguassu Falls / Iguazu Falls / Iguassu / Iguazu = a large waterfall on the border between Argentina and Brazil
- Niagara Falls / Niagara = waterfall in Canada is the Horseshoe Falls
- Paulo Afonso Falls / Paulo Afonso = a major waterfall in northeastern Brazil
- Guaira Falls / Sete Quedas / Guaira = a great waterfall on the border between Brazil and Paraguay
- Takakkaw = a waterfall in southeastern British Columbia
- Tugela Falls / Tugela = a major waterfall in southern Africa
- Twin Falls / Twin = a waterfall in the Snake River in southern Idaho
- Urubupunga Falls / Urubupunga = a waterfall in the Parana river in Brazil
- Victoria Falls / Victoria = a waterfall in the Zambezi River on the border between Zimbabwe and Zambia
- Yosemite Falls / Yosemite = a series of waterfalls in Yosemite National Park in California
- part of: river = a large natural stream of water
Alternative definition of the noun falls
- A waterfall.
- Falls, North Carolina, is an Unincorporated community in Wake County, North Carolina on Falls of Neuse Road, west of Forestville, North Carolina. It lies at an elevation of 210 feet.
- Falls a.k.a. Falls, West Virginia: Falls is an unincorporated community in Grant County, West Virginia, United States. Its post office is closed.
- read more about Falls, West Virginia
There are other places with in their name, like Big Falls, Bow Falls, Ear Falls, Elk Falls, Jog Falls, Rib Falls, Clam Falls, Deep Falls, Ebor Falls, Falls City, Falls Mill, Falls Park, Glen Falls, High Falls, Huka Falls, Iowa Falls, Park Falls, Post Falls, Rock Falls.
FALLS is a musical group.
- albums: "Rain Turn to Snow", "Falls"
- official website: fallsband.com
- "Falls" is a musical EP of FALLS.
- released on
- "Falls" is a musical album of Darren Harper.
- released on (4 years ago)
- "Falls" is a composition.
- music by Ennio Morricone
- "Falls" is a musical EP of Sparrow House.
- released in (10 years ago)
- "Falls" is a musical single of Bostro Pesopeo.
- released on (7 years ago)
- "Falls" is a musical album of RF.
- released on (11 years ago)
- "Falls" is a composition.
- music by Ole Mathisen
Falls is an educational institution, school.
Phrases with Falls
Phrases ending with the word Falls:
- twin falls
- angel falls
- guaira falls
- iguazu falls
- tugela falls
- iguassu falls
- klamath falls
- niagara falls
- american falls
- canadian falls
- cuquenan falls
- kukenaam falls
- victoria falls
- yosemite falls
- horseshoe falls
- urubupunga falls
- paulo afonso falls
Other phrases containing the word Falls:
View more phrases with the word Falls in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Falls
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Erie Railway (1888)
Lakes, Glens, and Springs by New York, Lake Erie & western railraod
High Falls is a wild reach of stream two hundred feet in extent — a high perpendicular leap, then a gathering of the waters, and then a thundering plunge down the...
The Silver-Thread Falls is the crowning beauty of these mountain torrents.
Diamonds on the Soul of the Tar Heel State by Timothy Whittaker
Mingo Falls is a waterfall located on Rattlesnake Mountain in Jackson County near Cherokee, NC. This area is known...
50 Can't-Miss Trail Adventures in the Pisgah, Nantahala, Uwharrie, and Croatan National Forests by Johnny Molloy
Middle Falls is a 60-foot-wide ledge that spills in a massive curtain into a more massive pool. It feels wild and remote beside this brawling torrent, here in the heart of the Snowbird Mountains. If navigation and faint trail tracking aren't your thing, ...
South America (2005)
by Simon Scoones
Angel Falls is the world's highest uninterrupted waterfall, fifteen times higher than Niagara Falls. Much of this beautiful wilderness is now protected as part of Canaima National Park. Spread over 7 million acres (3 million hectares), Canaima is ...
An Ecological Guide to 30 Great Hikes in the Carolinas, Georgia, Tennessee, and Virginia by Stephanie B. Jeffries, Thomas R. Wentworth
Station Cove Falls is a perfect setting for the Goldilocks story of species diversity as it relates to forests in the mountains. You'll notice as you walk along the trail that some places are incredibly diverse—each time you look, you find more ...
by Let's Go Inc
Popular Gunlom Falls is the biggest draw in the Mary River region.
by William H. Skelton
Rock Creek Falls is a small but beautiful series of cascades at the base of Unaka Mountain. DETAILS: The trail starts at the bulletin board at the top of the Rock Creek Campground. To reach it, walk from the swimming pool parking area up the ...
Waterfalls of the Blue Ridge (2014)
A Hiking Guide to the Cascades of the Blue Ridge Mountains by Johnny Molloy, Nichole Blouin, Marilou Bordonaro, Steve Bordonaro
Cascade Falls is the centerpiece of a nicely developed Jefferson National Forest day-use area near the town of Pembroke. It is a short drive from the town to the recreation site, with its patrolled parking, picnic ...
Comprising the Twofold Advantage of a Philosophical and an Alphabetical Arrangement, with Appropriate Engravings by Edward Smedley, Hugh James Rose, Henry John Rose
Cow-dung 12 Rows 15} Falls ...
The Isabel Falls in the United States is a segmented waterfall.
by Jan Onofrio
Representative from Pennsylvania; born near New Brighton, Beaver County, Pennsylvania, August 6, 1879; attended the public schools and Geneva College, Beaver Falls, Pennsylvania, taught ...
Consisting of Articles Chiefly Selected from Natural and Civil History, Geography, Astronomy, Zoology, Botany, and Minerology : Arranged in Alphabetical Order by Ezra Sampson
ANTHONY'S FALLS— ANTELOPE— ANTIMOXT. n form a purse.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Falls
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Falls
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Falls
Click on an item to play that video:
- Falls Meaning
Video shows what falls means. A waterfall.. Falls Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say falls. Powered by MaryTTS, Wiktionary.
- What Tejpal did falls within legal definition of rape : Victim
What Tejpal did falls within legal definition of rape : Victim.
- 20060707-1855 Natural Bridge Falls Explanation 6167
- Speedline Hunua Falls Auckland technical explanation
Technical explanation of the rig and how it operates. watch it in operation here ...
- Guild Leader falls to Death during explanation
- Projectile - A new meaning of falls
- Idiom: An apple never falls far from the tree.
- Copy of Idiom: An apple never falls far from the tree.
- 3rd Annual West Point - Highland Falls Dictionary Program
- Baga Falls Description
Baga Falls Description.
- Prominent US RELIGIOUS Figure FALLS; Fulfills sadly | See 'DESCRIPTION'
- The snow falls in every language
- Mesa Falls Marathon Course Description
The Mesa Falls Marathon and Half Marathon races are point to point courses that begin in the Targhee National Forest near the headwaters of the Warm River ...
- Central Falls teachers must be ESL certified
View more videos about Twin Falls, Iguazu Falls, Sunset Falls, Cascade Falls, Gravity Falls, Niagara Falls, Rainbow Falls, Victoria Falls, Horseshoe Falls, Reversing Falls, and Spokane Falls Community College.
See also the pronunciation examples of Falls!
Guy Doing Sign Language to Kill Devil Falls at Festival 8
This guy was signing the whole show with another lady in the Special Needs section...it was bad ass, they were getting down...
Quotes about Falls
A small tear falls
when she was very happy,
a small tear falls
when endlessly problems came
and makes a confession
about love she has no knowledge,
and a small tear falls (Gert Strydom)
more quotes about falls...
Scrabble value of F4A1L1L1S1
The value of this 5-letter word is 8 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Falls to see it in context!