On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun family recurvirostridae
What does family recurvirostridae mean as a name of something?
- long-legged shorebirds
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- scientific name: Recurvirostridae
- more generic term: bird family = a family of warm-blooded egg-laying vertebrates characterized by feathers and forelimbs modified as wings
- member of: Charadrii / suborder Charadrii = shorebirds: plovers; sandpipers; avocets; phalaropes; coursers
- member: genus Recurvirostra / Recurvirostra = type genus of the Recurvirostridae: avocets
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for family Recurvirostridae
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Oxford Dictionary of English (2010)
by Angus Stevenson
3Genus Recurvirostra, family Recurvirostridae: four species, in particular R. avosetta of Eurasia, which has black-andwhite plumage.
by Encyclopaedia Britannica, Inc.
stilt Any of certain species of shorebirds (family Recurvirostridae) that have long thin legs and a long slender bill and inhabit warm regions worldwide. Stilts, 14–18 in. (35–45 cm) long, live around ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for family Recurvirostridae
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about family Recurvirostridae
If you need images about family Recurvirostridae for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of family Recurvirostridae to find many related words and phrases!