On this page:
Definition of the noun family albulidae
What does family albulidae mean as a name of something?
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- scientific name: Albulidae
- more generic term: fish family = any of various families of fish
- member of: Isospondyli / order Isospondyli = most primitive teleost fishes; all are soft-finned: salmon; trout; herring; shad; sardines; anchovies; whitefish; smelts
- member: genus Albula / Albula = type and sole genus of the family Albulidae
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for family Albulidae
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Robert Alan Lewis
a silvery, bottom-feeding marine bony fish (Family Albulidae) that occurs in all tropical, subtropical, and warm temperate seas. Certain populations are transvectors of ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for family Albulidae
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of family Albulidae to find many related words and phrases!