On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun family amaranthaceae
What does family amaranthaceae mean as a name of something?
- cosmopolitan family of herbs and shrubs
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- scientific names: Achyranthaceae / family Achyranthaceae / Alternanthera palmeri / species Alternanthera palmeri / Atriplicaceae / family Atriplicaceae / Blitaceae / family Blitaceae / Chenopodiaceae / family Chenopodiaceae / Corispermaceae / family Corispermaceae / Deeringiaceae / family Deeringiaceae / Dysphaniaceae / family Dysphaniaceae / Salicorniaceae / family Salicorniaceae / Salsolaceae / family Salsolaceae / Amaranthaceae
- synonym of family Amaranthaceae: amaranth family
- more generic term: caryophylloid dicot family = family of relatively early dicotyledonous plants including mostly flowers
- member of: Caryophyllales / Chenopodiales / order Caryophyllales / order-Chenopodiales = corresponds approximately to the older group Centrospermae
- genus Amaranthus / Amaranthus = large widely distributed genus of chiefly coarse annual herbs
- genus Alternanthera / Alternanthera = genus of low herbs of tropical America and Australia
- genus Celosia / Celosia = annual or perennial herbs or vines of tropical and subtropical America and Asia and Africa
- genus Froelichia / Froelichia = genus of erect or procumbent herbs of the Americas having spikes of woolly white flowers: cottonweed
- genus Gomphrena / Gomphrena = genus of tropical herbs or subshrubs having flowers in close heads
- genus Iresine / Iresine = genus of tropical American herbs or subshrubs
- genus Telanthera / Telanthera = used in former classifications systems
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for family Amaranthaceae
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by I. C. Gupta, S. K. Gupta
Family Amaranthaceae. A herb used as vegetable. Kandla Bauhinia retusa Roxb. Family Caesalpiniaceae. Tree yields gum. Kanghi (1) Abutilon asiaticum ...
6000 Scientific Terms Explored and Explained by Michael Allaby
Ptilotus (family Amaranthaceae) A genus of mostly perennial shrubs and ...
by Merriam-Webster, Inc
amaranth family \'a-m3-(ranth\ Family Amaranthaceae, which contains about 60 genera and more than 800 species of herbaceous plants and a few shrubs, trees, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for family Amaranthaceae
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about family Amaranthaceae
If you need images about family Amaranthaceae for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of family Amaranthaceae to find many related words and phrases!