On this page:
- Definition of the noun fangle
- Definition of the verb fangle
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for fangle
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for fangle
- Photo about fangle
- Video language resources about fangle
- Scrabble value of F4A1N1G2L1E1
- Anagrams of FANGLE
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun fangle
What does fangle mean as a name of something?
- [obsolete] A prop; a taking up; a new thing.
- Something newly fashioned; a novelty, a new fancy.
- A foolish innovation; a gewgaw; a trifling ornament.
- A conceit; whim.
Definition of the verb fangle
What does fangle mean as a doing word?
- [obsolete or dialectal] To fashion, manufacture, invent, or create.
- [obsolete or dialectal] To trim showily; entangle; hang about.
- [obsolete or dialectal] To waste time; trifle.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for fangle
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by John WALKER (the Philologist.)
Fangle A silly attempt, or trifling scheme, s. Fingle-fangle A trifle, s. Tojangle To wrangle, or be out of tune, v. m. Tri'an-gle A figure of three angles, s.
E - P by Hensleigh Wedgwood
by Peter Hunt
Some critics would argue that contemporary poetry for children is dominated by material which could be characterised as frothy and shallow, featuring fingle- fangle fripperies rather than quality verse of substance to cherish. There is, indeed, a ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for fangle
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photo about fangle
All Are Fangle
Found on a package of plastic army guys bought at a dollar store.
Photo credit: Elizabeth/Table4Five
Video language resources about fangle
Click on an item to play that video:
- Fangle Meaning
Video shows what fangle means. To fashion, manufacture, invent, or create.. To trim showily, entangle, hang about.. To waste time, trifle.. Fangle Meaning.
- The Sky is Broken - Bangle Fangle | Campion College Modern Language Expo
The Sky is Broken playing 'Bangle Fangle' at the Modern Language Expo at Campion College. TSIB's links...
Scrabble value of F4A1N1G2L1E1
The value of this 6-letter word is 10 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of FANGLE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of fangle!
Share this page
Go to the pronunciation of fangle to learn how to say it correctly!