On this page:
- Definition of the adjective feudal
- Phrases with Feudal
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Feudal
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Feudal
- Photos about Feudal
- Video language resources about Feudal
- Quotes about Feudal
- Scrabble value of F4E1U1D2A1L1
- Anagrams of FEUDAL
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective feudal
What does feudal mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: -
- of or relating to or characteristic of feudalism
- examples: It is well known that up to the middle of the last century Japan was a feudal state. | In feudal Japan, the lord with the largest land holdings was called a "daimyo." | It seems a bit feudal to call him "sir". | At that time in the courts of the feudal lords there were many scholars who engaged in discrimination, such as the followers of Xun Kuang, who wrote books that were disseminated throughout the whole world. | Our political system was shaped by feudal traditions. | To call him "sir" seems to be overly feudal.
- lexical domain: Relational Adjectives (pertainyms)
- synonym of feudal: feudalistic
Feudal is a chess-like board wargame originally published by 3M Company in 1967 as part of its bookshelf game series, and was reprinted by Avalon Hill after they purchased 3M's game division. The object of the game is to either occupy one's opponent's castle or to capture all of one's opponent's royalty. There are six sets of pieces in three shades each of blue and brown. Each set consists of thirteen figures, which are limited not only in their method of movement but also their range of attack, and a stationary castle piece. The play area consists of four plastic peg boards depicting empty, rough, and mountainous terrain.
Phrases with Feudal
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Feudal
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
A 12-Volume Set
Feudal. Society. H. Bradley and M. Taylor, Mary Immaculate College, University of Limerick, Limerick, Republic of Ireland Feudalism isa debatable concept which appears in various guises throughoutthe relevant literature. Feudalism is a ...
A Dictionary of English Law (1882)
Containing Definitions of the Technical Terms in Modern Use, and a Concise Statement of the Rules of Law Affecting the Principal Subjects, with Historical and Etymological Notes by Charles Sweet
FEUDAL SYSTEM is the name given to certain institutions which prevailed in the principal states of Europe (luring the Middle Ages, and regulated both the tenure of land and the political and social system in each state. § 2. As to the land, the ...
A Law Dictionary Containing Definitions of the Terms and Phrases of American and English Jurisprudence, Ancient and Modern ... (1995)
by Henry Campbell Black
Xn feudal law. An estate In land held of a superior on condition of rendering him services. 2 BL Comm. 105.
by Garrett Ward Sheldon
feudalism/feudal Poster from the Battered Women's Directory Project; Betsy Warrior, artist. (LIBRARY OF CONGRESS) HOMOSEXUAL, bisexual, and transsexual movements). Other variants include developing-world feminism ( which ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Feudal
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Feudal
Click on an item to view that photo:
Life is Feudal
Photo credit: Hardly Neutral
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Feudal
Click on an item to play that video:
- [Explanation] Resistance is Feudal by Lee Asher
Performance is here...
- Feudal Meaning
Video shows what feudal means. of, or relating to feudalism. feudal pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition by Wiktionary dictionary. feudal meaning.
- The meaning of this feudal values reflected in modern families
See also the pronunciation examples of Feudal!
Quotes about Feudal
And I hereby distinctly and emphatically declare that I consider myself, and earnestly desire to be considered by others, as utterly divested, now and during the rest of my life, of any such rights, the barbarous relics of a feudal, despotic system. (Robert Dale Owen)
more quotes about feudal...
Scrabble value of F4E1U1D2A1L1
The value of this 6-letter word is 10 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.Couldn't select: Got error 28 from storage engine