Fierce appears in the following tongue twister:
- Five frantic frogs fled from fifty fierce fishes.
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the adjective fierce:
On this page:
- Definition of the adjective fierce
- Phrases with Fierce
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Fierce
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Fierce
- Photos about Fierce
- Video language resources about Fierce
- Quotes about Fierce
- Scrabble value of F4I1E1R1C3E1
- Anagrams of FIERCE
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective fierce
What does fierce mean as an attribute of a noun?
Fierce is one of the top 1000 most common adjectives in the English language.
adjective - degrees: fiercer | fiercest
- marked by extreme and violent energy
- marked by extreme intensity of emotions or convictions; inclined to react violently; fervid
- ruthless in competition
- violently agitated and turbulent
Alternative definition of the adjective fierce
- Extremely violent, severe, ferocious or savage.
- Resolute or strenuously active.
- Threatening in appearance or demeanor.
- [slang, Ireland, rural] very, excellent.
- [slang, US] Of exceptional quality, exhibiting boldness or chutzpah.
- Fierce was a British three-piece, all girl R&B group. They were signed to Colin Lester's and Ian McAndrew's Wildstar Records, and scored four hit singles on the UK Singles Chart in 1999 and 2000. The biggest of the hits, "Sweet Love 2K", was a cover of the Anita Baker song "Sweet Love".
- Fierce is a musical group.
- albums: "Where the Flames Prey", "Back for More"
- official website: www.fiercemetal.org
Who is Fierce?
Fierce a.k.a. Nick Fierce: Nick Fiorucci is a disc jockey and music producer.
- read more about Nick Fierce
"Fierce" is a musical album of Resurrected.
- released on (6 years ago)
Fierce a.k.a. Fran Fine: Francine "Fran" Joy Fine Sheffield en la ciudad de Nueva York, EE. UU. fue el personaje principal en la comedia televisiva de la cadena CBS The Nanny, e interpretada por la actriz Fran Drescher.
- read more about Fran Fine
Fierce a.k.a. Fierce! is a record label.
- Fierce is a men's fragrance by Abercrombie & Fitch. The cologne was first introduced in 2002. Today, Fierce is the signature scent of the Abercrombie & Fitch brand.
- Fierce a.k.a. Fierce! is an international performance festival produced by Fierce Earth that has taken place annually in and around Birmingham, England since 1997.
- Fierce is a breed temperament.
Phrases with Fierce
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Fierce
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Similes Dictionary (2013)
by Elyse Sommer
'29 FEROCITY See Also: SCREAMS Barked like an old sergeant —Frank Swinnerton Fierce as a comet —John Milton Fierce as ...
by Sally-Anne Lambert
Fierce looks romri Looking fierce or savage Looking fierce ...
by Louisa Pansegrouw
demonic, detestable, devilish, hateful, infamous, infernal, inhuman, loathsome, malicious, monstrous, odious, satanic, savage, vicious, vile, wicked fiendish person Mephistopheles fierce aggressive, ardent, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Fierce
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Fierce
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: ylmworkshop
Photo credit: jaras76
Photo credit: danabooo
Photo credit: inottawa
Photo credit: h3xtacy
Photo credit: kizzzbeth
Photo credit: Charkrem
Photo credit: quinn.anya
Photo credit: Thomas_H_photo
Dancer, independence day
Photo credit: antheap
A leopard lets everyone know she's in no mood for your crap. This is at Cat Tales Zoological Park in Mead, Washington. They specialize in rescue of big cats, bears, and other animals in need of homes. Their website is here...
Photo credit: Furryscaly
via Instagram ift.tt/2eJjCq2
Photo credit: KingTyrone
Photo credit: Miss_Analita
The name London is presumed of Celtic origin. The actual meaning is controversial. The source could be "laindon", Long hill. Or it may derive from "lyn-don", the City or the Fortress of the Lake, or of the Watercourse.
But according to the most fascinating conjecture the name would derive from the Celtic adjective "londos", Fierce.
Konika Minolta DYNAX D7
28mm - f/8 - 1/800 sec
Hoya x8 ND filter
Photo credit: iagho
Daniel...being himself. Again.
Photo credit: Iey
Photo credit: micadew
Sculpture seen outside a temple Chiang Mai Thailand Best viewed on black
Photo credit: Alex88 - Thanks for 91 Million Views
- Fierce Rob.
Photo credit: Travis Isaacs
- Femme Fierce
Artist: unknown, Femme Fierce Leake Street takeover, London
Photo credit: KylaBorg
JR love a tug-of-war
Photo credit: Elsie esq.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Fierce
Click on an item to play that video:
- Fierce Meaning
Video shows what fierce means. Extremely violent, severe, ferocious or savage.. Resolute or strenuously active.. Threatening in appearance or demeanor.
- Fast & Fierce Start Explanation
- Something fierce Meaning
Video shows what something fierce means. To an extreme extent, badly, violently.. Something fierce Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary.
- Fit, Fierce and Fabulous with Tiffany Rothe- The definition of a fit body, weight loss and more!
A show dedicated to health, fitness and well being. This weeks topics: What is the pefect fit body? Do you need exercise equipment? How long does it take to ...
- FIERCE READS EXPLANATION
- The Meaning Of Vegan Fierce
- Fierce Reads Explanation!
- So fierce and Philip's definition of protection
- Body Language by Kid Ink - Line Dance Zumba/Fierce Funk
Line dance Choreo by All SNAP Line Dance...Ejaya Johnson and Sean Dennis. Performed by Fit Happens with Ashley Nixon and the dance fitness crew.
- Camel Spider's Fierce Jaw Is Focus of New Creepy Crawly 'Dictionary'
Camel Spider's Fierce Jaw Is Focus of New Creepy Crawly 'Dictionary' When you think of animals with large, powerful jaws, chances are you envision nature's ...
- Sharooz - Bells Of Fierce (Drum Kids EP - Animal Language)
Out now on Beatport! btprt.dj/XZ8xOY Out ow on iTunes...
- ESL Pro Series CIS. Match Day #6. Dragon vs FIERCE
See also the pronunciation examples of Fierce!
Quotes about Fierce
You need only claim the event of your life to make yourself yours. When you truly possess all you have been and done, which may take some time, you are fierce with reality. (Florida Scott-Maxwell)
more quotes about fierce...
Scrabble value of F4I1E1R1C3E1
The value of this 6-letter word is 11 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of FIERCE
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Fierce!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Fierce to see it in context!