Filling appears in the following palindrome (phrase that reads the same backward as forward):
- DNA lets a 'wasting nil’ lifesaver add, "Are vase-filling nits a wasteland?"
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun filling:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun filling
- Definition of the adjective filling
- Phrases with filling
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for filling
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for filling
- Photos about filling
- Video language resources about filling
- Quotes about filling
- Scrabble value of F4I1L1L1I1N1G2
- Share this page
Filling is sometimes a misspelling of filing.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun filling
What does filling mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: filling
- any material that fills a space or container
- flow into something (as a container)
- a food mixture used to fill pastry or sandwiches etc.
- the yarn woven across the warp yarn in weaving
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- synonyms of filling: pick / weft / woof
- more generic words: thread / yarn = a fine cord of twisted fibers (of cotton or silk or wool or nylon etc.) used in sewing and weaving
- part of: weave = pattern of weaving or structure of a fabric
- substance of: cloth / fabric / material / textile = artifact made by weaving or felting or knitting or crocheting natural or synthetic fibers
- (dentistry) a dental appliance consisting of any of various substances (as metal or plastic) inserted into a prepared cavity in a tooth
- examples: when he yawned I could see the gold fillings in his teeth | an informal British term for `filling' is `stopping'
- domain: dental medicine / dentistry / odontology
- lexical domain: Artifacts - nouns denoting man-made objects
- more generic term: dental appliance = a device to repair teeth or replace missing teeth
- more specific word: inlay = a filling consisting of a solid substance (as gold or porcelain) fitted to a cavity in a tooth and cemented into place
- the act of filling something
Alternative definition of the noun filling
- Anything that is used to fill something.
- The contents of a pie, etc.
- [context: dentistry] A piece of amalgam used to fill a cavity in a tooth.
Definition of the adjective filling
What does filling mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more filling / most filling
- Of food, that satisfies the appetite by filling the stomach
Phrases with filling
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for filling
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Principles and Practice by R. Ausman
Filling is the process in which the bulk solution is subdivided into individual units and placed in containers suitable for use in patient care. Techniques are adapted to some extent from the food and drink industry but have been polished ...
If assured knowledge is fragmentary and disconnected, if there are voids which must be filled to complete a system of knowledge, the manner and means of this filling is a question of elemental importance for insight into the nature of conduct.
by P.W. Serruys, G.T. Meester
Discussion and conclusions Left ventricular filling is a complex process dependent on a number of interrelated mechanisms that may become disorganized in disease. The ventricle has to fill appropriately to be able to eject blood adequately.
Fully Illustrated with Photographs and Diagrams by Hope Hanley
The word filling means a stitch to be used in an enclosed area, not the background. Only stitches which adequately cover the canvas have been included in the following collection. In tapestry no warp threads are allowed to show through, ...
by Ron Phillips
Primarily the filling is the enabling of the believer to bear witness to Christ. The baptism of the Holy Spirit is the acceptance by Jesus into the realm of the Spirit, especially the body of Christ, the church. This is a once and for all event. (See 1 ...
Double Award by Carol Carysforth, Mike Neild
filling is a village about /O miles from Blackpool. It has few employers. In / 78+, the largest employer Luals Tayban Precast which made pre-cast concrete products but there were problems at the company.
Equalizing Opportunities for Low SES Students by Tish Howard, Sandy Grogan Dresser, Dennis Dunklee
While you may wish for more Spanish-speaking teachers in your building, you can't limit your interviews or overall selection process to candidates who speak Spanish, unless the position you're filling is that of a Spanish language teacher.
by Phyllis G. Tortora, Ingrid Johnson
filler / filling rep filler ed to a textile to increase weight or change hand. Synonym: filling. See filled cloth, weightng. Starch, clay, gypsum, resin, or other material addfiller thread See stuffer yarn. fillet Narrow strip of a card clothing used to wrap a ...
Harty's Dental Dictionary (2007)
by Peter Heasman, Giles McCracken
filling. 1. Filling and sealing of a root canal. 2. Material or combination of materials used to obturate root canals. R. planing. Removal of necrotic cementum and planing of root surfaces. R. resection. See r. amputation (preferred term).
by Marion Nichols
BASKET (Basket Satin, Basket Filling) . CHEVRON (Double Chevron, Chevron Filling) . HALF-CHEVRON . BACK-STITCHED FILLING . OVERCAST (Whipping) . PEKINESE DOUBLE PEKINESE (Double Back-laced Back) .
FILLING By Express Pa_rol Agreement, 428. a. Simple Contracts in Writing, 428. b.-Sealed Instruments, 428 ...
The Encyclopaedia of Sports Medicine: An IOC Medical Commission Publication, The Olympic Textbook of Medicine in Sport (2009)
by Martin P. Schwellnus
Thus, it appears that the pericardium in the normal heart limits left ventricular diastolic filling, making it unable to fully utilize the Frank–Starling mechanism ( Kroeker et al. 2003). This is supported by limited human evidence. For instance, one ...
Encyclopaedia of Brewing (2013)
Keg filling involves packaging chilled, filtered and microbiologically stabilised beers into clean and sterile kegs with a...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for filling
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about filling
Click on an item to view that photo:
Peter Bengtsson filling one of the bins in the 3D-printer with powder. Polish artist Sylwia Galon looking on. Her mushroom cloud is about to get printed.
Photo credit: Art Line 2011-2014
Launching a weather balloon to take a camera, GPS and radio transmitter up to 110,560 ft! habexproject.org/cubex
Photo credit: dmertl
Photo credit: pumpkinmook
- Peach pie filling
Photo credit: Living in Monrovia
- Pierogies - Wild mushroom filling
Photo credit: grongar
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about filling
Click on an item to play that video:
- Q&A: Some food is filling. (Meaning, usage and pronunciation)
- Bills time filling explanation of why he is sitting in the woods waiting...
- FILLING THE DAY WITH MEANING - 1 KEY PRINCIPLES
1) Key Principles.
- Ever Filling Glass Magic Trick with Explanation
Another Stage Magic revealed. Ever Filling glass magic secret is revealed in this video. Watch and Have fun!
- Filling Meaning
Video shows what filling means. Of food, that satisfies the appetite by filling the stomach. Filling Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to ...
- Banking-Vocabulary ,Filling appropriate words on...
This lecture sample from Ideal Classes covers the topic-Vocabulary and Filling the blanks from the subject English of Banking Course .For the Video Lecture + ...
- FILLING THE DAY WITH MEANING - 2 EMOTIONAL MEMORIES
2) Emotional Memories.
- Snare Drum - Filling It In Explanation
- VOCABULARY IN 20 LANGUAGES = Parts of filling machines
- Use of English, Gap Filling Grammar, Vocabulary
- ESL Milk - Filling and capping machine - Serac
Ultra-clean filling machine.
- Description Oat meal valve bag filling with screw feeder P1030281
Description Oat meal valve bag filling with screw feeder.
- Auto Bottle 3 parts separately description:- washing part, filling part and cap sealing
- Auto Bottle 3 parts separately description:- washing part, filling part
Auto Bottle 3 parts separately description:- washing part, filling part and cap sealing part photo.
- CMTE: Filling Your Therapy Toolbox (NMT Strategies for Speech/Language, Cognition and Motor
View more videos about Filling station.
See also the pronunciation examples of filling!
Quotes about filling
water is like God
there is no taste no nothng
but you feel the whole
thing invigorating your system
filling it up with all goodness
not one dropp wasted
you feel God filling you up (John Tiong Chunghoo)
more quotes about filling...
Scrabble value of F4I1L1L1I1N1G2
The value of this 7-letter word is 11 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of filling to see it in context!