On this page:
- Definition of the noun finisher
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Finisher
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Finisher
- Photos about Finisher
- Video language resources about Finisher
- Quotes about Finisher
- Scrabble value of F4I1N1I1S1H4E1R1
- Anagrams of FINISHER
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun finisher
What does finisher mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: finishers
- (baseball) a relief pitcher who can protect a lead in the last inning or two of the game
- a racing driver who finishes a race
- a painter who applies a finishing coat
- a worker who performs the last step in a manufacturing process
- a race car that finishes a race
- an animal that wins in a contest of speed
Alternative definition of the noun finisher
- A person who finishes or completes something
- A construction machine used to smooth a newly constructed road surface
- [video games, informal] A finishing move.
- Finisher: Hissatsu Waza é um termo em japonês que significa golpe mortal ou técnica mortal. É composto por duas palavras: hissatsu, que significa "mortal", "fatal", "letal", e waza, que significa "técnica", "golpe" ou "truque". O termo tornou-se mais conhecido após ser usado no game Art of Fighting. Desde então, aparece em inúmeros animes e tokusatsus como o trunfo supremo de um personagem contra outro, de maneira que o "hissatsu waza" do personagem é geralmente seu golpe mortal, ou seja, o que certamente lhe garante a vitória sobre seu oponente. Não necessariamente mais poderoso, mas tal analogia é constantemente explorada em séries ou animes que apresentem tais termos.
- also known as WWE Finishers
- Finisher: The person or people who completed the work.
- Finisher is a film job.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Finisher
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Astronomy Across Cultures (2012)
The History of Non-Western Astronomy by Helaine Selin
By all accounts, Fire Finisher is a brilliant star which seems to be alone in the sky and is easily recognized. Three stars fit the profile and are identified as Fire Finisher by different San groups: Antares (by the Nharo), Arcturus (Xo), and Regulus ...
Proceedings of the Sixth National Symposium on Food Processing Wastes, April 9-11, 1975, Madision, Wisconsin (1976)
A finisher is a screen (sieve) device having mechanical paddles to move the material through the screen. The residue remaining after juice extraction consists primarily of seeds, skin, and fiber, and is collectively referred to as pomace.
by Linda E. Swayne, Mark Dodds
thirdplace finisher with a bronze medal, the secondplace finisher with a silver medal, and the firstplace finisher with a coveted gold medal. The manager must evaluate the level of competition upon registration when deciding what type of ...
by Johann Georg Heck
represents the “finisher” of an American carding-machine. The complete carding-machine consists of three individual machines, 1<nown as the “first breaker,” the “second breaker,” and the “finisher.” (pl. 41, sigs. 2–4), which constitute what ...
by Susan J. Maclagan
See FINISHER. FINISHER. The craftsman in a flutemaking company who specializes in the final polishing and padding of a new flute. Depending on the company and the materials used, the finisher may do various things. For example , for a ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Finisher
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Finisher
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: kyosuke.
Photo credit: wadeferd
Photo credit: BarbaraLN
Photo credit: pasa47
Photo credit: nateOne
- Marathon Finisher Sweatshirt
Photo credit: slgckgc
Pleasanton Half Marathon
Photo credit: igb
- Happy Finisher
Photo credit: Matthew Kurit
- Finisher Medal
Photo credit: Beige Alert
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Finisher
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of Finisher!
Quotes about Finisher
Scrabble value of F4I1N1I1S1H4E1R1
The value of this 8-letter word is 14 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of FINISHER
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Finisher!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Finisher to see it in context!