On this page:
- Definition of the adjective formative
- Definition of the noun formative
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Formative
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Formative
- Photos about Formative
- Video language resources about Formative
- Quotes about Formative
- Scrabble value of F4O1R1M3A1T1I1V4E1
- Share this page
Definition of the adjective formative
What does formative mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more formative / most formative
- capable of forming new cells and tissues
- forming or capable of forming or molding or fashioning
Alternative definition of the adjective formative
- Of or pertaining to the formation and subsequent growth of something.
- Capable of forming something.
- [biology] Capable of producing new tissue.
- [grammar] Pertaining to the inflection of words.
Definition of the noun formative
What does formative mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: formatives
- minimal language unit that has a syntactic (or morphological) function
"Formative" is a musical album of Toothfairy.
- released on (10 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Formative
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by J. Michael Spector
Chandra HawleyOrrillChandra Hawley OrrillOrrill, Chandra Hawley Formative Assessment Formative assessment 291 294...
Formative assessment refers to assessment practices that are designed to offer teachers and students feedback ...
by Joel W. Palka
A large Formative Period site (ca. 1000 B.C. to A.D. 200) located in the foothills near rivers that run to the Pacific Coast of Guatemala. This site rests just south of the mountain chain that crosses Chiapas and Guatemala, and thus benefited from ...
by Michael Byram, Adelheid Hu
whilst formative assessment is usually informal and provides information about ...
Encyclopedia of Evaluation (2005)
by Sandra Mathison
I60 Formative Evaluation participants. The moderator guides the participants through the questions, carefully monitoring the time and moving from question to question when sufficient responses have been provided. Analysis is the process of ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Formative
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Formative
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: wonder-ing
Advertising Agency: Ad Planet Group, Singapore
Executive Creative Director: Leo
Associate Creative Director: Alfred Teo
Art Directors: Leo, Khoo Meng Hau
Copywriter: James Tan
Agency Executive Producer: Sabrina Tan
Photo credit: Brett Jordan
- LT - Quizzes - Continuous Formative Work
Learning and Technology: Online quizzes. Quizzes can be used to record and track student progress over a period of time.
Photo credit: mattcornock
- Formative Years
Photo credit: smadden
- Formative moments for Herb.
via Instagram ift.tt/29L882q
Photo credit: Jofus | JoeTheDough
- Formative Years Preschool
Photo credit: Tom Ipri
Video language resources about Formative
Click on an item to play that video:
- Formative Meaning
Video shows what formative means. Of or pertaining to the formation and subsequent growth of something.. Capable of forming something.. Capable of ...
- Infographic Formative Explanation
- Formative feedback - #Education #Pedagogy #ESL #Feedback
RT: Responding and giving formative feedback #Education #Pedagogy #ESL #Feedback...
- World Language Formative Assessment LPHS
Reflections On and Sharing Of Formative Assessment Ideas.
- English Language Arts (ELFAS) for Formative Assessments
See also the pronunciation examples of Formative!
Quotes about Formative
Scrabble value of F4O1R1M3A1T1I1V4E1
The value of this 9-letter word is 17 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Formative to see it in context!