On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun fortunella
What does fortunella mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- small genus of shrubs native to south China producing small ovoid fruits resembling oranges: includes kumquats
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- synonym of Fortunella: genus Fortunella
- more generic term: rosid dicot genus = a genus of dicotyledonous plants
- member of: family Rutaceae / rue family / Rutaceae = a family of dicotyledonous plants of order Geraniales
"Fortunella" is a 1958 Italian film directed by Eduardo De Filippo, with script by Federico Fellini.
- countries: Italy, France
- language: Italian Language
- producer: Dino De Laurentiis
- art direction by Mario Chiari
- written by Federico Fellini, Eduardo De Filippo, Ennio Flaiano & Tullio Pinelli
- Paul Douglas as Professor Golfiero Paganica
- Giulietta Masina as Nanda Diotallevi
- Alberto Sordi as Peppino
- Nando Bruno as The American
- Piera Arico as Katya
- Guido Celano as Concierge
- Carlo Dapporto as An Actor
- Eduardo De Filippo as Head of the Theater Company
- Carlo Delle Piane as Riccardino
- Enrico Glori as Gambler
- cinematography by Aldo Tonti
- edited by Leo Cattozzo
- music by Nino Rota
- costume design by Maria De Matteis
- location: Italy
- genre: Comedy
- released on (57 years ago)
Fortunella a.k.a. Nanda Diotallevi is a fictional character from the 1958 film Fortunella.
- read more about Nanda Diotallevi
Who is Fortunella?
Fortunella is an actress.
Phrases with Fortunella
Phrases starting with the word Fortunella:
- Fortunella Hybr
- Fortunella Venosa
- Fortunella hindsii
- Fortunella Obovata
- fortunella japonica
- Fortunella Swinglei
- Fortunella Bawangica
- fortunella margarita
- Fortunella Polyandra
- Fortunella Crassifolia
- Fortunella Sagittifolia
- Fortunella X crassifolia
- Fortunella Hindsii Chintou
Phrase ending with the word Fortunella:
Other phrases containing the word Fortunella:
- Species Fortunella Hybr
- Species Fortunella Venosa
- species Fortunella hindsii
- Species Fortunella Obovata
- Species Fortunella Japonica
- Species Fortunella Swinglei
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Fortunella
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Fruits and Nuts (2007)
by Chittaranjan Kole
Fortunella is an important edible fruit and also a re- source for resistance to Asian citrus canker (ACC). In order to have a clear usage of the term “citrus” in this chapter, citrus, in regular font, will be a general term referring to any related species ...
by G. Rehm
fennel fenouil, aneth doux Fenchel funcho hinojo, eneldo Fortunella crassífolia Swingle meiwa kumquat Fortunella hindsii (Champ. ) ...
(Except Ornamentals) by Peter Hanelt, Institute of Plant Genetics and Crop Plant Research
Fortunella obovata Hort. ex Tanaka in Mem. Tanaka Citrus ...
Dictionary of Food (2009)
International Food and Cooking Terms from A to Z by Charles Sinclair
fortune cookie United States A small cake or biscuit originated by Chinese Americans containing a slip of paper on which a horoscope, proverb or joke is printed Fortunella One ofthe three important genera of citrus fruitof which the kumquat ...
by Michael Allaby
Fortunella. (family *Rutaceae) A genus of small trees in which the leaves have a winged *petiole. The fruit resembles an orange. Several are cultivated as kumquats. There are 4 or 5 species, occurring from eastern Asia to Malaya.
by Jules Janick, Robert E. Paull
Citrofortunella mitis (a hybrid between C. reticulata Fortunella) C. paradisi (a hybrid between C. maxima and C. sinensis) C. limon (an introgression of C. medica and C. aurantifolia) C. limonia (a presumed hybrid between C. reticulata C.
by Charles Gordon Sinclair
fortunate fortune cookie ( USA l A small cake or hiscuit originated hy Chinese Americans containing a slip of paper on which a horoscope, proverh or joke is printed Fortunella One of the three important genera of citrus fruit of which the ...
Encyclopedia of Foods (2002)
A Guide to Healthy Nutrition by Experts from Dole Food Company, Experts from The Mayo Clinic, Experts from UCLA Center for H
High in vitamin C and dietary fiber Varieties The two major varieties of kumquat are the oval Fortunella margarita and the round Fortunellajaponica. A common oval type is the Negami kumquat, a hardy variety grown in the United States.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Fortunella
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Fortunella
Click on an item to view that photo:
View more pictures about Fortunella margarita.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Scrabble value of F4O1R1T1U1N1E1L1L1A1
The value of this 10-letter word is 13 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Fortunella to find many related words and phrases!