The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the verb frivol away:
On this page:
Definition of the verb frivol away
What does frivol away mean as a doing phrase?
- spend frivolously and unwisely
- lexical domain: Consumption - verbs of eating and drinking
- synonyms of frivol away: dissipate / fool / fool away / fritter / fritter away / shoot
- more generic words: consume / squander / ware / waste = spend extravagantly
- entailment: consume / deplete / eat / eat up / exhaust / run through / use up / wipe out = use up
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Frivol Away
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Louisa Pansegrouw
shred, squander, waste fritter away squander fritter one's time away frivol, idle, peddle fritter time away linger frivol away squander frivolity childishness, folly, fun , gaiety, jest, levity, nonsense, silliness, triviality frivolous asinine, childish, dizzy, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Frivol Away
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic: