Definition of the adjective fruitless
What does fruitless mean as an attribute of a noun?
- unproductive of success
Alternative definition of the adjective fruitless
- Useless; unproductive.
- Bearing no fruit; barren.
- "Fruitless" is a musical album of Lisa DeBenedictis.
- released on (10 years ago)
- "Fruitless" is a musical album of Poi Dog Pondering.
- released in (24 years ago)
- The fruitless gene is a Drosophila melanogaster gene that encodes several variants of a putative transcription factor protein. Normal fruitless function is required for proper development of several anatomical structures necessary for courtship, including motor neurons which innervate muscles needed for fly sexual behaviors. The gene does not have an obvious mammallian homolog, but appears to function in sex determination in species as distant as the mosquito Anopheles gambiae. fruitless serves as an example of how a gene or groups of genes may regulate the development and/or function of neurons involved in innate behavior. Research on fruitless has received attention in the popular press, since it provokes discussion on genetics of human sexual orientation, and behaviors such as gender-specific aggression.
- Fruitless a.k.a. zinc finger and BTB domain containing 22 is a gene.
- also known as zinc finger protein 297
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Fruitless
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Encyclopaedia perthensis, or, Universal dictionary of the arts, sciences, literature, etc. : intended to supersede the use of other books of reference (1816)
* FRUITLESS, adj. [from fruit.] r. Barren of fruit ...
The London encyclopaedia, or, Universal dictionary of science, art, literature, and practical mechanics, by the orig. ed. of the Encyclopaedia metropolitana [T. Curtis].
by Thomas Curtis (of Grove house sch, Islington)
Fruitless, adj. Fruitlessly, adv ...
Zolar's Encyclopedia and Dictionary of Dreams (2010)
Fully Revised and Updated for the 21st Century by Zolar
having a fight with an: fruitless arguments over petty misunderstandings. not ...
The Harvard encyclopedia (1890)
a dictionary of language arts, sciences, and general literature
the state of being fruitless. Bootless errand, an errand fruitless, or by which nothing was gained. BOOT ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Fruitless
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Fruitless
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: ryan.dowd
- Fruitless Tree
Photo credit: *deuts
- Fruitless Pear
Photo credit: Lorenzo Tlacaelel
- Fruitless field
Companion to Fruitless Fig. Meant as a background for text-heavy slides.
Photo credit: laurastpauls
- Fruitless Harvest
Photo credit: FeatheredTar
- Raindrops on Fruitless Mulberry
Photo credit: Caitlyn Willows
If you need images about Fruitless for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a low price:
Quotes about Fruitless
I've lived to bury my desires, And see my dreams corrode with rust Now all that's left are fruitless fires That burn my empty heart to dust. (Alekandr Sergeyevick Pushkin)
more quotes about fruitless...
Scrabble value of F4R1U1I1T1L1E1S1S1
The value of this 9-letter word is 12 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of FRUITLESS
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
- RUST FLIES
See also the blanagrams of Fruitless!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Fruitless to see it in context!