On this page:
- Definition of the adjective fruitless
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Fruitless
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Fruitless
- Photos about Fruitless
- Video about Fruitless
- Quotes about Fruitless
- Scrabble value of F4R1U1I1T1L1E1S1S1
- Anagrams of FRUITLESS
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective fruitless
What does fruitless mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more fruitless / most fruitless
- unproductive of success
Alternative definition of the adjective fruitless
- Useless; unproductive.
- Bearing no fruit; barren.
- "Fruitless" is a musical album of Lisa DeBenedictis.
- released on (11 years ago)
- "Fruitless" is a musical album of Poi Dog Pondering.
- released in (25 years ago)
- "fruitless" is a composition.
- music and lyrics by ハルイ
"Fruitless" is a book by Tanya Marcuse.
- The fruitless gene is a Drosophila melanogaster gene that encodes several variants of a putative transcription factor protein. Normal fruitless function is required for proper development of several anatomical structures necessary for courtship, including motor neurons which innervate muscles needed for fly sexual behaviors. The gene does not have an obvious mammallian homolog, but appears to function in sex determination in species as distant as the mosquito Anopheles gambiae.
- Fruitless: This song belongs to ISMIR04 Audio Contest Database.
- Fruitless a.k.a. zinc finger and BTB domain containing 22 is a gene.
- also known as zinc finger protein 297
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Fruitless
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by V. H. Hagopian
Fruitless ; ineffectual:—We speak of an attempt, etc., as useless (nor capable of beingusecl to effect) when there are in it inherent difficulties which for_b_id_ the. hope of success; as, it is useless to contend against the decisions of Providence.
The Dimwit's Dictionary (2006)
More Than 5,000 Overused Words and Phrases and Alternatives to Them by Robert Hartwell Fiske, Joseph Epstein
bootless; effete; feckless; feeble; fruitless; futile; impotent; inadequate; inconsequential; inconsiderable; ineffective; ineffectual; infertile; insignificant; inutile; meaningless; meritless; nugatory; null; of no value; pointless; powerless; profitless; ...
A Corpus-based Analysis of the Complementation Patterns of English Verbs, Nouns, and Adjectives by Thomas Herbst
fruitless adjective P1 attr It often proves a fruitless search. P2 pred Attempts to silence the pager-style compact alarm by stamping on it. and even driving a car over it. have ...
The London encyclopaedia, or, Universal dictionary of science, art, literature, and practical mechanics, by the orig. ed. of the Encyclopaedia metropolitana [T. Curtis].
by Thomas Curtis (of Grove house sch, Islington)
Fruitless, adj. Fruitlessly, adv .
by Samuel Johnson
fruitless, ineffectual; empty, unreal, shadowy ; meanly proud, proud of petty things (with of before the cause of vanity); showy, ostentatious; idle, worthless, unimportant; false, not true. In vain, to no purpose, to no end, ...
by Е. de Larajasse
fruitless, a., ma delai, an dalin, fayidala; a fruitless labour, haul fayida 1a.. frustrate (ses disappoint). fry, otr. , ...
by Charles Richardson
ders it vain, fruitless, or useless ; -ship.* one who is inactive, lazy, sluggish, -esse. * slothful, unemployed. -s-BY.l Any thing idle, — vain, fruitless, useless ; trifling or ...
A Dictionary of English Synonymes and Synonymous Or Parallel Expressions Designed as a Practical Guide to Aptness and Variety of Phraseology (1891)
by Richard Soule
Barren, fruitless, acarpous, sterile. 2. Barren, unprolific, sterile, infecund. 3. Fruitless, unprofitable, unproductive, barren. 4. Unproductive, barren, un prolific, sterile, unfertile, fruitless. Unfulfilled, a. Unaccomplished, unperformed, neglected ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Fruitless
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Fruitless
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Fruitless
Video shows what fruitless means. Useless; unproductive.. fruitless pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition by Wiktionary dictionary. fruitless meaning.
See also the pronunciation examples of Fruitless!
Quotes about Fruitless
Scrabble value of F4R1U1I1T1L1E1S1S1
The value of this 9-letter word is 12 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of FRUITLESS
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
- RUST FLIES
See also the blanagrams of Fruitless!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Fruitless to see it in context!