On this page:
- Definition of the adjective fruitless
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Fruitless
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Fruitless
- Photos about Fruitless
- Video about Fruitless
- Quotes about Fruitless
- Scrabble value of F4R1U1I1T1L1E1S1S1
- Anagrams of FRUITLESS
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective fruitless
What does fruitless mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: more fruitless / most fruitless
- unproductive of success
Alternative definition of the adjective fruitless
- Useless; unproductive.
- Bearing no fruit; barren.
- "Fruitless" is a musical album of Lisa DeBenedictis.
- released on (11 years ago)
- "Fruitless" is a musical album of Poi Dog Pondering.
- released in (25 years ago)
- "fruitless" is a composition.
- music and lyrics by ハルイ
"Fruitless" is a book by Tanya Marcuse.
- The fruitless gene is a Drosophila melanogaster gene that encodes several variants of a putative transcription factor protein. Normal fruitless function is required for proper development of several anatomical structures necessary for courtship, including motor neurons which innervate muscles needed for fly sexual behaviors. The gene does not have an obvious mammallian homolog, but appears to function in sex determination in species as distant as the mosquito Anopheles gambiae.
- Fruitless: This song belongs to ISMIR04 Audio Contest Database.
- Fruitless a.k.a. zinc finger and BTB domain containing 22 is a gene.
- also known as zinc finger protein 297
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Fruitless
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by V. H. Hagopian
Fruitless ; ineffectual:—We speak of an attempt, etc., as useless (nor capable of beingusecl to effect) when there are in it inherent difficulties which for_b_id_ the. hope of success; as, it is useless to contend against the decisions of Providence.
Encyclopaedia perthensis, or, Universal dictionary of the arts, sciences, literature, etc. : intended to supersede the use of other books of reference (1816)
* FRUITLESS, adj. [from fruit.] r. Barren of fruit ...
The London encyclopaedia, or, Universal dictionary of science, art, literature, and practical mechanics, by the orig. ed. of the Encyclopaedia metropolitana [T. Curtis].
by Thomas Curtis (of Grove house sch, Islington)
Fruitless, adj. Fruitlessly, adv ...
The Dimwit's Dictionary (2006)
More Than 5,000 Overused Words and Phrases and Alternatives to Them by Robert Hartwell Fiske, Joseph Epstein
bootless; effete; feckless; feeble; fruitless; futile; impotent; inadequate; inconsequential; inconsiderable; ineffective; ineffectual; infertile; insignificant; inutile; meaningless; meritless; nugatory; null; of no value; pointless; powerless; profitless; ...
A Corpus-based Analysis of the Complementation Patterns of English Verbs, Nouns, and Adjectives by Thomas Herbst
fruitless adjective P1 attr It often proves a fruitless search. P2 pred Attempts to silence the pager-style compact alarm by stamping on it. and even driving a car over it. have ...
frothy fruitless face of a liquid, or round the mouth in certain diseases, [same as foam] o verb: froths, frothing, frothed: The sea frothed and foamed. □ The creature was frothing at the mouth. frothy /'froth/ adjective: frothier, frothiest A liquid that is ...
A Dictionary, Hindustani & English: Accompanied by a Reversed Dictionary, English and Hindustani (1858)
by Duncan Forbes
bechain, restless, uneasy, be-hăsil, fruitless , without result. be-hal, ill-circumstanced. be-hijah or *-hijäbāna, unveiled, openly , immodest. be-hadd, boundless. behurmat, disgraced. be-hurmati, f. dis e.
on the plan by Thomas Sheridan
fruitless, empty ; meanly proud!
emptiness, uncertainty; fruitless endeavour, fruitless desire; idle show ; ostentation, arrogance ; petty pride Vanquish, vauk'- wlsh.
by Thomas SHERIDAN (M.A., Teacher of Elocution.)
Fruitless, ineffectual; empty, unre'al, fitadowy; meanly proud, proud of petty things; shewy, ostentatioua; idle, worthless, uniniportant; false, not true z In Vain, to no purpose, to no end, ineffecttial. VAINGLORIOUS, th'n-ng"-ryds. a.
In which the Words are Deduced from Their Originals, and Illustrated in Their Different Significations by Examples from the Best Writers, to which are Prefixed, a History of the Language, and an English Grammar by Samuel Johnson
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Fruitless
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Fruitless
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: TheLawleys
- Fruitless Passion
A nice flower that only looks nice, doesn't make tasty passion fruits. Oh well. :-)
Photo credit: tdlucas5000
- Fruitless field
Companion to Fruitless Fig. Meant as a background for text-heavy slides.
Photo credit: laurastpauls
- Fruitless Pear
Photo credit: Lorenzo Tlacaelel
- Fruitless Harvest
Photo credit: FeatheredTar
- Fruitless Pear
Photo credit: Lorenzo Tlacaelel
- Fruitless Tree
Photo credit: *deuts
- Raindrops on Fruitless Mulberry
Photo credit: Caitlyn Willows
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Fruitless
Video shows what fruitless means. Useless; unproductive.. fruitless pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition by Wiktionary dictionary. fruitless meaning.
See also the pronunciation examples of Fruitless!
Quotes about Fruitless
Scrabble value of F4R1U1I1T1L1E1S1S1
The value of this 9-letter word is 12 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of FRUITLESS
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
- RUST FLIES
See also the blanagrams of Fruitless!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Fruitless to see it in context!