On this page:
- Definition of the noun funnel
- Definition of the verb funnel
- Phrases with Funnel
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Funnel
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Funnel
- Photos about Funnel
- Video language resources about Funnel
- Quotes about Funnel
- Scrabble value of F4U1N1N1E1L1
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun funnel
What does funnel mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: funnels
- a conical shape with a wider and a narrower opening at the two ends
- a conically shaped utensil having a narrow tube at the small end; used to channel the flow of substances into a container with a small mouth
- (nautical) smokestack consisting of a shaft for ventilation or the passage of smoke (especially the smokestack of a ship)
Alternative definition of the noun funnel
- A utensil of the shape of an inverted hollow cone, terminating below in a pipe, and used for conveying liquids etc. into a close vessel; a tunnel.
- A passage or avenue for a fluid or flowing substance; specifically, a smoke flue or pipe; the chimney of a steamship or the like.
Definition of the verb funnel
What does funnel mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: funnelled, funnelling
- move or pour through a funnel
- examples: funnel the liquid into the small bottle | The women funnel water into the bowl
Syntactic formula Example for the syntactic formula [Agent - being] [Verb] [Theme] [Destination, locative adverb] I put the book here/there | I spooned the sauce there [Agent - being] [Verb] [Theme] between / in between [Destination, plural] He wedged the diamond between shifting dunes [Agent - being] [Verb] [Theme] into / onto [Destination] I funneled the mixture into the bottle [Theme - concrete object] [Verb] into [Destination] The company is wedging into new markets
- lexical domain: Contact - verbs of touching, hitting, tying, digging
- more generic words: displace / move = cause to move or shift into a new position or place, both in a concrete and in an abstract sense
Alternative definition of the verb funnel
- To use a funnel.
- To proceed through a narrow gap or passageway akin to a funnel; to narrow or condense.
- [transitive] To direct (money or resources).
"Funnel" is a 2013 short comedy adventure film written and directed by Andre Hyland.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producer: Michael Rizzo
- executive producer: Andre Hyland
- written by Andre Hyland
- starring: Andre Hyland as Andre
- cinematography by Shane Johnston
- edited by Andre Hyland
- genres: Adventure Film, Comedy
- released on
- official website: www.funnelfilm.com
- "Funnel" is a musical EP of The Cedars Two.
- released on (5 years ago)
- "Funnel" is a composition.
- Funnel: A funnel is the smokestack or chimney on a ship used to expel boiler steam and smoke or engine exhaust. They are also commonly referred to as stacks.
- Funnel: In Computer Science, a funnel is a synchronization primitive used in kernel development to protect system resources. First used on Digital UNIX as a way to "funnel" device driver execution onto a single processor, funnels are now used in the Mac OS X kernel to serialize access to the BSD portion of xnu.
Phrases with Funnel
Phrases starting with the word Funnel:
- funnel web
- Funnel cake
- Funnel Lily
- Funnel Mark
- Funnel plot
- Funnel cloud
- funnel shape
- Funnel Weaver
- Funnel Supercoil
- Funnel Chanterelle
Phrases ending with the word Funnel:
Other phrases containing the word Funnel:
View more phrases with the word Funnel in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Funnel
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Social Media Marketing (2010)
An Hour a Day by Dave Evans
The purchase funnel is a model that characterizes the process that leads from awareness through consideration to purchase as if...
Etiquette for the ladies: eighty maxims on dress, manners, and accomplishments. Third edition (1837)
It is very uncomely to drink so large a draught that your breath is almost gone, and are forced to blow strongly to recover yourself; throwing down your liquor as into a funnel is an action fitter for a juggler than a gentlewoman. Thus much for our ...
Negotiations & Selling (2009)
A sales funnel is a simple tool as indicated in Figure 8.1. On the extreme top, the entire market is shown. The firm specific marketing programmes are creating interest about the concept or products among the prospects, and they are brought at ...
An Explanatory Dictionary of the Apparatus and Instruments Employed in ... Philosophical and Experimental Chemistry (1824)
by [Anonymus AC09811521]
FUNNEL for SEPARATING Deliquescent SALTs, fig. 4, plate XI.-a denotes a small circular stand, holding a funnel which has a very shallow aerea, and a narrow tube c, terminating in a small bottle d, to collect the deliquescent salt, which has ...
A Dictionary of Epidemiology (2014)
by Miquel Porta
FUNNEL PLOT A type of graph used in METAANALYSIS to detect PUBLICATION BIAS. The estimate of risk is plotted against sample size or a measure of the withinstudy variance. If there is no publication bias, the plot is funnelshaped; but if ...
by Abhaya Indrayan, Martin P. Holt
A funnel plot is the scatter plot of the estimates of the effect size under consideration from different sources against the size of the sample. The premise is that as the sample size increases, the variation in the values of the effect will decline.
Mosby's Dictionary of Medicine, Nursing and Health Professions - Australian & New Zealand Edition (2014)
by Peter Harris, Sue Nagy, Nicholas Vardaxis
funnel plot furunculosis Funnel chest (Zitelli et al, 2012) deformity may not interfere with breathing, but surgical correction is often recommended for cosmetic reasons. Also called pectus excavatum. funnel plot, a scatter plot of treatment effect ...
Encyclopedia of Cancer (2011)
by Manfred Schwab
Funnel Factors. Fig. 1 Schematic diagram showing how funneling factors channel the proliferation signal Growth signals Receptors m > DAG AM Pc RAS AKT JAK 02— PKC PKA MAPK mTOR STAT H202 No 2+ Ca cGMP CAMK PKG Funnel ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Funnel
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Funnel
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: dog4aday
Photo credit: Gideon Tsang
Photo credit: phunkstarr
Photo credit: quinn.anya
Shiny, new, very expensive, and undoubtedly rather difficult to clean.
Photo credit: Payton Chung
Photo credit: Abulic Monkey
Photo credit: ooomz
Photo credit: striatic
Photo credit: David Rosen Photography
Coastal Path on DInard's coastline, as seen at late dusk. ND400 filter was used to get this shot. Fort Harbour can be identified in the far center.
Photo credit: blieusong
Creator: Jamie Bardsley
Photo credit: jamiebardsley
Photo credit: rightee
Photo credit: Maxim Mogilevskiy
- Light Funnel
Photo credit: Je.T.
- Common Funnel
Taken at Eskrigg Nature Reserve, Lockerbie.
Initially convex with an umbo but with maturity becomes more and more funnel-shaped and there is always an umbo present in the centre of the cap. The surface is silky or felt-like and is pale-pinkish buff or pale ochre. The cap flesh becomes thinner towards the margin, which is initially slightly inrolled. Gills are closely crowded, very decurrent and white.
Photo credit: TrotterFechan
- Rusty Funnel
Photo credit: Marion Doss
- Thought Leadership Funnel
From the FIR Podcast Series.
Photo credit: topgold
- Red Funnel Ferry
Photo credit: Marcin Chady
Photo credit: Paul Papadimitriou
- Funnel Spider, Woodbridge, Virginia
Photo credit: judygva
View more pictures about Funnel cloud.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Funnel
Click on an item to play that video:
- Weighing funnel Meaning
Video shows what weighing funnel means. An open container having a wide end into which samples may be placed for weighing and a funnel-shaped end for ...
- Funnel Meaning
Video shows what funnel means. A utensil of the shape of an inverted hollow cone, terminating below in a pipe, and used for conveying liquids etc. into a close ...
- Survey Funnel Aweber Explanation
Survey Funnel Aweber Explanation.
- How to set up a Marketing Funnel Explanation For Beginners
- Funnel Explanation
- Funnel idiom shout out
- Isasocial Viral Funnel Explanation
- Sales Funnel Definition
- Traffic & Funnel Explanation
- Buyers Journey and Sales funnel Explanation
- Vocabulary: Funnel
- The REAL Definition Of A Perfect Sales Funnel...
- COMING SOON TO THOMAS THE MULTI-LANGUAGE TANK ENGINE: SPECIAL FUNNEL!
See also the pronunciation examples of Funnel!
Quotes about Funnel
Instead of looking at life as a narrowing funnel, we can see it ever widening to choose the things we want to do, to take the wisdom we've learned and create something. (Liz Carpenter)
more quotes about funnel...
Scrabble value of F4U1N1N1E1L1
The value of this 6-letter word is 9 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Funnel to see it in context!