On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the verb furl
What does furl mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: furled | furling | furls
- form into a cylinder by rolling
- lexical domain: Change - verbs of size, temperature change, intensifying, etc.
- synonym of furl: roll up
- more generic terms: change form / change shape / deform = assume a different shape or form
- more specific terms:
Alternative definition of the verb furl
- [transitive] To lower, roll up and secure (something, such as a sail or flag)
"Furl" is a musical album of Seth Nehil.
- released in (5 years ago)
- Furl was a free social bookmarking website that allowed members to store searchable copies of webpages and share them with others. Every member received 5 gigabytes of storage space. The site was founded by Mike Giles in 2003 and purchased by LookSmart in 2004. Diigo bought it from LookSmart in exchange for equity.
- Furl: Furling refers to stowing or dousing a boat's sail by flaking, packing, or stowing it in part or whole using roller furling.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Furl
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Your Information Society Survival Toolkit
Furl is a free social book- marking website founded in 2003 by Mike Giles and purchased by LookSmart (http://www.
by Sr. Ronald D. Geskey
saying bookmarks; but the thing about Furl is that you can access it from any computer, which means that your Favorites will go with you. Delicious has a " hotlist" on its home page and "popular" and "recent" pages, which help to make the ...
International Conferences WEBIST 2005 and WEBIST 2006, Revised Selected Papers by Joaquim Filipe, José Cordeiro, Vitor Pedrosa
Furl is a social bookmarking service that lets .
Contexts for Learning (1996)
Sociocultural Dynamics in Children's Development by Ellice A. Forman, Norris Minick, C. Addison Stone
Troy: [The furl is a big glove like. [From here the children made ...
Untangling the Web (2013)
The NSA's Guide to Gathering Information on Google by Nsa
Alexa, UCmore, Furl, and Google all try to show related or similar websites, though not in the same way. Alexa shows 'people who visit this page also visit...'; UCmore clusters related pages by topic; Furl is a collaborative bookmarking tool, so it ...
Illustrated London News (1912)
'AURllq'ml-IONE' (Pafenf apflr'ld furl is a wonderful “ ocket telephone” which literally MAKES THE D AF HEAR. It may beheldtolhc ear either by a telesco ic handle or by a head-band without the least discom art, and is almost invisible.
by Samuel Johnson
To FURL, furl, v. a. to draw up, to contract. Fu' RLoNg, furlong, n. s. a measure of length, the eighth part of a mile. Fu'rlough, fur- lo, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Furl
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Furl
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Furl
Video shows what furl means. To lower, roll up and secure (something, such as a sail or flag). furl pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition by Wiktionary ...
Scrabble value of F4U1R1L1
The value of this 4-letter word is 7 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Furl to find many related words and phrases!