Gab appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- Gab too late: get a loot bag.
- No devil is wet, so gab: "A turnip unrubbed, Deb – burn up in rutabago stews I lived on."
- A man, a plan, a caret, a ban, a myriad, a sum, a lac, a liar, a hoop, a pint, a catalpa, a gas, an oil, a bird, a yell, a vat, a caw, a pax, a wag, a tax, a nay, a ram, a cap, a yam, a gay, a tsar, a wall, a car, a luger, a ward, a bin, a woman, a vassal, a wolf, a tuna, a nit, a pall, a fret, a watt, a bay, a daub, a tan, a cab, a datum, a gall, a hat, a fag, a zap, a say, a jaw, a lay, a wet, a gallop, a tug, a trot, a trap, a tram, a torr, a caper, a top, a tonk, a toll, a ball, a fair, a sax, a minim, a tenor, a bass, a passer, a capital, a rut, an amen, a ted, a cabal, a tang, a sun, an ass, a maw, a sag, a jam, a dam, a sub, a salt, an axon, a sail, an ad, a wadi, a radian, a room, a rood, a rip, a tad, a pariah, a revel, a reel, a reed, a pool, a plug, a pin, a peek, a parabola, a dog, a pat, a cud, a nu, a fan, a pal, a rum, a nod, an eta, a lag, an eel, a batik, a mug, a mot, a nap, a maxim, a mood, a leek, a grub, a gob, a gel, a drab, a citadel, a total, a cedar, a tap, a gag, a rat, a manor, a bar, a gal, a cola, a pap, a yaw, a tab, a raj, a gab, a nag, a pagan, a bag, a jar, a bat, a way, a papa, a local, a gar, a baron, a mat, a rag, a gap, a tar, a decal, a tot, a led, a tic, a bard, a leg, a bog, a burg, a keel, a doom, a mix, a map, an atom, a gum, a kit, a baleen, a gala, a ten, a don, a mural, a pan, a faun, a ducat, a pagoda, a lob, a rap, a keep, a nip, a gulp, a loop, a deer, a leer, a lever, a hair, a pad, a tapir, a door, a moor, an aid, a raid, a wad, an alias, an ox, an atlas, a bus, a madam, a jag, a saw, a mass, an anus, a gnat, a lab, a cadet, an em, a natural, a tip, a caress, a pass, a baronet, a minimax, a sari, a fall, a ballot, a knot, a pot, a rep, a carrot, a mart, a part, a tort, a gut, a poll, a gateway, a law, a jay, a sap, a zag, a fat, a hall, a gamut, a dab, a can, a tabu, a day, a batt, a waterfall, a patina, a nut, a flow, a lass, a van, a mow, a nib, a draw, a regular, a call, a war, a stay, a gam, a yap, a cam, a ray, an ax, a tag, a wax, a paw, a cat, a valley, a drib, a lion, a saga, a plat, a catnip, a pooh, a rail, a calamus, a dairyman, a bater, a canal - Panama!
On this page:
- Definition of the noun gab
- Definition of the verb gab
- Phrases with Gab
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Gab
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Gab
- Photos about Gab
- Videos about Gab
- Sign language
- Quotes about Gab
- Scrabble value of G2A1B3
- Anagrams of GAB
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun gab
What does gab mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: gabs
- light informal conversation for social occasions
- lexical domain: Communicative Processes - nouns denoting communicative processes and contents
- synonyms of gab: causerie / chin wag / chin wagging / chin-wag / chin-wagging / chit chat / chit-chat / chitchat / gabfest / gossip / small talk / tittle-tattle
- more generic words: chat / confab / confabulation / schmoose / schmooze = an informal conversation
Alternative definition of the noun gab
- idle chatter
- mouth as gob
Definition of the verb gab
What does gab mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: gabbed | gabbing | gabs
- talk profusely
Syntactic formula Example for the syntactic formula [Actor - being or organization, plural] [Verb] Susan and Rachel chitchatted | Susan and Rachel talked [Actor - being or organization, plural] [Verb] about [Topic] Susan and Rachel chitchatted about matters of great import [Actor 1 - being or organization] [Verb] Susan talked | Susan was chitchatting [Actor 1 - being or organization] [Verb] about [Topic] Susan chitchatted about matters of great import [Actor 1 - being or organization] [Verb] about [Topic] with [Actor 2] Susan chitchatted about the problem with Rachel | Susan talked about the problem with Rachel [Actor 1 - being or organization] [Verb] with [Actor 2] Susan chitchatted with Rachel | Susan talked with Rachel [Actor 1 - being or organization] [Verb] with [Actor 2] about [Topic] Susan chitchatted with Rachel about the problem | Susan talked with Rachel about the problem
- lexical domain: Communication - verbs of telling, asking, ordering, singing
- synonym of gab: yak
- more generic words: communicate / intercommunicate = transmit thoughts or feelings
Alternative definition of the verb gab
- [intransitive, obsolete] To jest; to tell lies in jest; exaggerate; lie.
- [intransitive] To talk or chatter a lot, usually on trivial subjects.
- [transitive, obsolete] To speak or tell falsely.
- Gab a.k.a. Gabon, officially the Gabonese Republic, is a sovereign state on the west coast of Central Africa. Located on the equator, Gabon is bordered by Equatorial Guinea to the northwest, Cameroon to the north, the Republic of the Congo on the east and south, and the Gulf of Guinea to the west. It has an area of nearly 270,000 square kilometres and its population is estimated at 1.5 million people. Its capital and largest city is Libreville.
- also known as The Gabonese Republic, Gabonese Republic, Gabun
- founded on (55 years ago)
- part of Africa, Central Africa
- instance of: African country / African nation = any one of the countries occupying the African continent
- part: capital of Gabon / Libreville = the capital of Gabon
- member: Gabonese = a native or inhabitant of Gabon
- read more about Gabon (country)
- Gab a.k.a. Gabbs Airport is a county-owned public-use airport located four nautical miles northwest of the central business district of Gabbs, a city in Nye County, Nevada, United States.
- Gab a.k.a. Gabby Eigenmann is the brother of Sid Lucero.
- read more about Gabby Eigenmann (singer)
- Gab a.k.a. Gabriel Valenciano: Jose Angelo Gabriel Valenciano, also known as Gabriel "Gab" Valenciano is a Filipino dancer, actor, musician, host, percussionist, drummer, choreographer, and commercial model. He is the son of Gary Valenciano.
- read more about Gabriel Valenciano
- Gab a.k.a. Gabb Drilon: Gabb is a Filipino actor.
- read more about Gabb Drilon (actor)
- Gab a.k.a. Gabrielle Evans is a casting director and film producer.
- read more about Gabrielle Evans
- Gab a.k.a. Olivier Gabriel is a musical artist.
- read more about Olivier Gabriel
- Gab is a fictional character from Mona: Singapore Escort.
- Gab is a fictional character from the film Pokemon Ranger and the Temple of the Sea.
- Gab is a fictional character from Let's Go TV series.
- Gab a.k.a. Gabriel Fernandez is a fictional character from Gokada Go! TV series.
- read more about Gabriel Fernandez
GAB is a brewery / brand of beer.
- Gab: A gab or gap is a troubadour boasting song. It is often considered related to the tenso and partimen, two types of debate poem. Sometimes the gab is not considered a separate genre of poetry but simply a boast found within another genre, commonly the sirventes.
- Gab a.k.a. Gabri Language: Gabri, sometimes disambiguated from related languages also called "Gabri" as Southern Gabri, is an East Chadic dialect cluster spoken in the Tandjilé Region of Chad. The principal varieties are Buruwa, Darbe, and Moonde.
- also known as Southern Gabri, Gaberi, Ngabre, Gabere
Phrases with Gab
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Gab
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Karl Friston
The gain Gab is a dimensionless quantity describing the effect of changes in the firing rate of neurons in population b on the neurons of population a. Physiologically, Gab is the number of extra action potentials produced in a per extra ...
Foundations of Biophilosophy (1997)
by Martin Mahner, Mario Bunge
Alternatively, we may say that the proposition Fb is the value of the function F at b ; and, likewise, Gab is the value of the function G at (a, b), and so on. In general, a predicate may be construed as a function from individuals to propositions.
by Sarah Tenney, Norman K. Humphreys
GENERAL ARRANGEMENTS TO BORROW (GAB). These arrange— ments came into existence in October 1962 when the Fund arranged to borrow, in certain circumstances, specified amounts of currencies from 11 industrial countries, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Gab
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Gab
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: evoluc
Photo credit: calebdrostphoto
Photo credit: evoluc
Photo credit: Jhong Dizon | Photography
Photo credit: news0ft
Photo credit: calebdrostphoto
Photo credit: news0ft
C'est presque lassant ...
Photo credit: news0ft
Photo credit: Monkey Mash Button
Photo credit: Zio Bill
- Gab al lago
Photo credit: One From RM
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Gab
Click on an item to play that video:
View more videos about Gift of the Gab.
See also the pronunciation examples of Gab!
Sign Language and GAB
Quotes about Gab
Gift of the
Jab (Aparna Chatterjee)
more quotes about gab...
Scrabble value of G2A1B3
The value of this 3-letter word is 6 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of GAB
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Gab!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Gab to see it in context!