Gal appears in the following palindromes (phrases that read the same backward as forward):
- I’m a gal for a taro flag, am I?
- "Eel flags!" says Sal, "can a classy ass gal flee?"
- To lap up a gal from a dam, I rim a dam or flag a pup a lot.
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English.
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the noun gal:
On this page:
- Definition of the noun gal
- Phrases with Gal
- Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Gal
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Gal
- Photos about Gal
- Videos about Gal
- Sign language
- Quotes about Gal
- Scrabble value of G2A1L1
- Anagrams of GAL
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun gal
What does gal mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: gals
- United States liquid unit equal to 4 quarts or 3.785 liters
- lexical domain: Quantities - nouns denoting quantities and units of measure
- synonym of gal: gallon
- more generic term: United States liquid unit = a liquid unit officially adopted in the United States Customary System
- part of: barrel / bbl = any of various units of capacity
- part: quart = a United States liquid unit equal to 32 fluid ounces
- a unit of gravitational acceleration equal to one centimeter per second per second (named after Galileo)
- alliterative term for girl (or woman)
Alternative definition of the noun gal
- A gallon.
- [colloquial, dated] An adolescent girl or young woman.
- A galileo.
- Gal a.k.a. Paul Gallen is an Australian professional rugby league footballer for the Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks of the National Rugby League. Gallen's position of choice is in the Second Row though he has also frequently played at lock and occasionally at five-eighth.
- read more about Paul Gallen
- GAL: Gerard Alsteens is a Belgian political cartoonist, graphic artist and painter who works under the pseudonym "GAL". He is infamous for his sharp political cartoons which, artistically speaking, share a closer resemblance to paintings than regularly drawn cartoons. Throughout the years his work has received several prizes and awards.
- Gal a.k.a. Luís Alberto Pereira is film director, screenwriter, film producer and actor.
- read more about Luís Alberto Pereira (actor)
- Gal is a fictional character from the 2011 movie Kill List.
- Gal a.k.a. Gál is a fictional character from the 1987 film Laura.
- Gal is a fictional character from the 2013 film Homemade.
There are other characters with in their name, like Dubi Gal.
- "Gal" is a book by Josephine Humphreys.
- "Gal" is a book by Ruthie Bolton.
- also known as "Gal: a true life"
- "Gal" is the second album by Brazilian singer Gal Costa, released months after the first album Gal Costa.
- "Gal" is a musical album of Gal Costa.
- Gal a.k.a. Galileo Academy of Science and Technology is a public secondary school located in the Russian Hill and Marina District neighborhoods of San Francisco, USA. The school is a part of the San Francisco Unified School District.
- read more about Galileo Academy of Science and Technology
- Gal a.k.a. Edward G. Pitka Sr. Airport is a state owned, public use airport located in Galena, a city in the Yukon-Koyukuk Census Area of the U.S. state of Alaska.
- part of United States of America
- Gal a.k.a. Female is the sex of an organism, or a part of an organism, which produces ova. The ova are defined as the larger gametes in a heterogamous reproduction system, while the smaller, usually motile gamete, the spermatozoon, is produced by the male. A female individual cannot reproduce sexually without access to the gametes of a male. Some organisms can reproduce both sexually and asexually.
- read more about Female
- Gal a.k.a. .gal is a sponsored top-level domain intended to be used to highlight the Galician, Galician language and Galician culture. It was approved on 14 June 2013 by ICANN and the first 93 domains went online on July, 25th 2014.
- Gal a.k.a. Galoli Language: The Galoli, or Galolen, are a people of East Timor with a population of about 50,000, primarily along the northern coast of the district of Manatuto. To the west lies the Mambai people. There is an old colony on the southern coast of Wetar island, the Talo, who speak the Talur dialect.
- also known as Galole
- GAL is the Sumerian cuneiform for "great".
- Gal a.k.a. galanin is a gene.
- also known as galanin-related peptide
- Gal is a file format.
Phrases with Gal
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for Gal
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Viral Fitness (2004)
The Next SARS and West Nile in the Making by Jaap Goudsmit M.D.
(Gal is a nickname for “alpha-galactosyl sugar groups.”) Like all antigens, Gal is a generator of antibodies—hence its name, “anti-gen.” Usually...
Family Law (2012)
by William Statsky
A GAL is an individual appointed to appear in court on behalf of a minor. The GAL can be asked by the court to serve different functions, for example, investigate the home environment of the child, and mediate or resolve custody disputes ...
Identification, Assessment, and Treatment by Paris Goodyear-Brown
Practically speaking, however, a GAL is a representative appointed by the court to protect and represent the interests of someone who is incapable of representing himself or herself; children fall...
The Survivors (2003)
1999-2000 by T. St. George
Or your credit card don't work, which it don't about half the time, you got a go in the station, pay cash or give your credit card a some dumb gal is a teenager with ...
by Alexander Cunningham, Sir Alexander Cunningham
A ford is called Gal in Tibetan ; and the name is applied to one of the principal branches of the Zanskar river, ...
A Comprehensive Handbook by Lawrence E. Lifson, Robert I. Simon
" The GAL is a complex and flexible role played by individuals who broadly perform investigative functions for the court. To choose one example out of many, ...
by Mark Aldrich
Doney Gal is a simple but beautifully lyrical arrangement of the popular cowboy song. Both sections of the tune are repeated once. The third movement, based on the children's nonsense song, The Monkey's Wedding, supplies contrast to the ...
Heirs of the Reunited Church (2010)
The History of the Pauline Mission in Paul's Letters, in the So-called Pastoral Letters, and in the Pseudo-Titus Narrative of Acts by Bartosz Adamczewski
Gal refers to it as directed exclusively to the Gentiles (Gal 1:15-2:14). This difference evidently reflects the Jerusalem agreement (cf. Gal 2:9). Consequently, this difference is easily explicable if Rom was ...
Exporters' Encyclopaedia (1920)
agodina, Serbia (via Gal., Tri., or Fiu. Rimnik, Roumania . . . . . . . . . (via § aitza, Bosnia . . . . . . (via Tri. or Fiu. Roman, Roumania .
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Gal
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Gal
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Gal
Click on an item to play that video:
- GAL Meaning
Video shows what GAL means. Guardian Ad Litem, an individual (often a lawyer) appointed to represent the best interests of a child or incapacitated person for ...
- Gal Meaning
Video shows what gal means. A gallon.. gal synonyms: Wikisaurus:girl. Gal Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to say gal. Powered by ...
- Sajna Gal Laaja Vey-explanation
Musafir Ludhianvi explains the song and sings a little bit.
See also the pronunciation examples of Gal!
Gal sign language lesson
Quotes about Gal
Scrabble value of G2A1L1
The value of this 3-letter word is 4 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of GAL
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Gal!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Gal to see it in context!