On this page:
- Definition of the noun gam
- Definition of the verb gam
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Gam
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Gam
- Photos about Gam
- Videos about Gam
- Scrabble value of G2A1M3
- Anagrams of GAM
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun gam
What does gam mean as a name of something?
- a herd of whales
Alternative definition of the noun gam
- [slang] A person's leg.
- A collective noun used to refer to a group of whales; a pod.
- [context: by extension] A social gathering of whalers or other ships.
- [Ireland] [alternative spelling of, gom] A silly, foolish person.
Definition of the verb gam
What does gam mean as a doing word?
verb - inflections: gammed, gamming
- [nautical] To make a social visit on another ship at sea.
- Gam a.k.a. The Gambia is a country in West Africa. It is surrounded by Senegal, apart from a short strip of Atlantic coastline at its western end. It is the smallest country on mainland Africa.
- also known as The Gambia, Republic of The Gambia
- founded on (49 years ago)
- part of Africa, West Africa
- instance of: African country / African nation = any one of the countries occupying the African continent
- part: capital of Gambia / Banjul = a port city and capital of Gambia
- member: Gambian = a native or inhabitant of Gambia
- read more about Gambia (country)
- Gam a.k.a. Gambell Airport is a public airport located in Gambell, a city in the Nome Census Area of the U.S. state of Alaska. The airport is owned by the state.
There are other places with in their name, like Gam's.
- Gam a.k.a. Yekaterina Gamova: Yekaterina Aleksandrovna Gamova is a Russian volleyball player. She was a member of the national team that won the gold medals at the 2006 and 2010 FIVB Women's World Championships, and the silver medal in both the Athens 2004 and Sydney 2000 Olympic Games. She is 2.02 m tall with EU size 49 feet, making her one of the tallest female athletes in the world. Her role is outside hitter/opposite.
- read more about Yekaterina Gamova
- Gam a.k.a. Arild Svensgam is an actor.
- read more about Arild Svensgam (actor)
- GAM is a musical group.
- GAM is a musical group.
- album: "Phase 8"
Gam a.k.a. GAM Holding AG is an independent, pure play asset management group asset management.
- also known as Global Asset Management
"GAM" is a musical album of Wichayanee Pearklin.
- released in (7 years ago)
"Gam" is a 1924 novel written by Erich Maria Remarque.
- released in (17 years ago)
"Gam" a.k.a. "Persimmon" is a 2011 drama film written and directed by Sang-rok Choo.
- read more about Persimmon
- Gam a.k.a. Kandawo Language: Kandawo, also known as Narake is a Trans–New Guinea language of Western Highlands Province, Papua New Guinea.
- also known as Narake
- Gam is a file format.
- Gam a.k.a. Dong, Northern Language is an human language.
- read more about Dong, Northern Language
- Gam a.k.a. Dong, Southern Language is an human language.
- read more about Dong, Southern Language
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Gam
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by George A. Mensah
UKAS has nothing to disclose; GAM is a full-time employee of PepsiCo, although no conflicts of interest have a Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, Vanderbilt University Medical Center, 383 Preston Research Building, b Department of ...
by ʻAbd al-Qādir ibn Mulūk Shāh Badāʼūnī, William Henry Lowe, Sir Wolseley Haig
1 The gam is an uncertain period of time, here it probably means a Bpaco of forty years.
History of the Relations of the Government with the Hill Tribes of the North-East Frontier of Bengal (2012)
by Alexander Mackenzie
clans and families are thus distinguished z—Gam is the afiix indicating the elder branch or member of a family; Nozmg, the second ,1' La, the third; Tim, the fourth; Tung, the fifth, &c. We have ...
Global Account Management (2008)
a complete Action Kit of Tools and Techniques for Managing Key global Customers by Peter Cheverton
We have seen how a vital requirement for successful GAM is a supporting cross-business and cross- functional team. Imagine for a moment that you are a member of the R&D function , ...
The long-distance politics of the Acehnese diaspora by Antje Missbach
GAM is the common Indonesian abbreviation for Gerakan Aceh Merdeka (Free Aceh Movement), previously also knownas Aceh Merdeka (Free Aceh, AM). The original name in Englishfor the movement was Acheh Sumatra National ...
Proceedings of the 6th Conference of the International Federation of Classification Societies (IFCS-98) Università “La Sapienza”, Rome, 21–24 July, 1998 by Alfredo Rizzi, Maurizio Vichi, Hans-Hermann Bock
The GAM is a special case of PPR in which there are exactly p directions fixed at the coordinate directions (it is less general than PPR but it is more easily interpretable). Friedman et al. (1983), and Ramsay (1988) propose splines to ...
The Social Net (2013)
Understanding our online behavior by Yair Amichai-Hamburger
The GAM is a dynamic, socialcognitive, developmental model that provides an integrative framework for domainspecific aggression theories. It includes situational, personological, and biological variables.
gam is a compound of mercury and a metal making a soft alloy; compositions of copper contract in admixture, and all amalgams expand. The less fusible metals should be melted flrst when alloys and compositions are made. Increase of the ...
English-Garo Dictionary (1905)
by American Baptist Foreign Mission Society. Garo Mission
â ni gam'a ä ni gita ong'a, indiba una bate róbate gam na nanga; aro uni jamano r dongroaga, uni gimm uko on'titi dingtangata. a ni gam a bang jabe; on titisan a ko ganrataibo. ê ni ...
by Daniel Kogan, Sun-Jin Kim
see gam kiuh seung dihng Jin Quan (M) [Style] Gold Fist jin se (M) ...
English-Gujarati, Gujarati-English by Sonal Christian
gam.che.thee n. (fem. ) foresight, precaution a.gam.va.rjee n. (fem.) prophecy a.gam.ya adj. mysterious, inaccessible ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Gam
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Gam
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Gam
Click on an item to play that video:
- Gam Meaning
Video shows what gam means. A person's leg.. gam pronunciation. How to pronounce, definition by Wiktionary dictionary. gam meaning. Powered by MaryTTS.
- Gam - Of Substance And Meaning
- GAM 131 History of Gaming- assignment 2 (explanation)
- GAM 4b Language Day
- GAM Language Day - Russia by G4(ab)
See also the pronunciation examples of Gam!
Scrabble value of G2A1M3
The value of this 3-letter word is 6 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of GAM
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Gam!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Gam to see it in context!