On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun gao
What does gao mean as a name of something?
- an independent nonpartisan federal agency that acts as the investigative arm of Congress making the executive branch accountable to Congress and the government accountable to citizens of the United States
- Gao is a city in Mali and the capital of the Gao Region. The city is located on the River Niger, 320 km east-southeast of Timbuktu on the left bank at the junction with the Tilemsi valley.
- Gao a.k.a. The Gao Region is located in northeastern Mali. The capital city is Gao. The region is bordered to the north by Kidal Region, to the west by Tombouctou Region, and to the east and most of the south by Niger, with a very small portion of the southern border shared with Burkina Faso. Common ethnicities in the Gao Region include the Songhai, Bozo, Tuareg, Bambara, and Kounta. The towns include Gao, Bourem, and Bamba.
- read more about Gao Region
- Gao a.k.a. Mariana Grajales Airport is an airport serving Guantánamo, a city in Cuba. It is located near the villages of Paraguay and Las Lajas.
- Gao was Mansa of the Mali Empire from 1300 to 1305.
- died in (711 years ago)
- Gao was the son of Qin Shi Huang.
- also known as 公子高
- child of Qin Shi Huang
- Gao a.k.a. Gaó Gurgel: Gaó is a Brazilian musician, actor and film score composer.
GAO is a record label.
- official website: sound.jp/GAO
- Gao is a fictional character from the 2013 film The Rooftop.
- Gao a.k.a. Kao is a fictional character from the 1996 film Goodbye South, Goodbye.
- read more about Kao
- Gao a.k.a. Gary is a fictional character from the Japanese anime series Beyblade.
- read more about Gary
- Gao is a fictional character from the 2010 film Au Revoir Taipei.
- Gao a.k.a. Gaō is a fictional character from the 1995 Japanese anime series Juuni Senshi Bakuretsu Eto Ranger.
- also known as Delacao
- Gao is a fictional character from the 2012 film An Inaccurate Memoir.
- Gao is a fictional character from the 2013 film My Lucky Star.
- Gao a.k.a. Gão is a fictional character from the 1985 film Avaete, Seed of Revenge.
- Gao is a fictional film character.
"GAO" is a musical album of GAO.
- Gao is a Chinese family name that can be literally translated as "high" or "tall". There are approximately 16 million living people with this surname. Some places, such as Taiwan, usually romanize this family name into Kao. In Hong Kong, it is romanized to Ko. In Macau, it is romanized to Kou.
- Gao a.k.a. Gants Language: Gants, or as spelled in the language itself, Gaj, is a Madang language of Papua New Guinea.
- also known as Gaj
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Gao
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Digital Leisure Cultures (2016)
Critical Perspectives by Sandro Carnicelli, David McGillivray, Gayle McPherson
E'gao as a networked digital leisure practice in China Haiqing Yu and Jian Xu Introduction E'gao is a Chinese term for online spoofing. It literally...
by Thomas Washington
Gao Is A Family (Friendship from Beijing) by Amy Jennifer Blecha http:// mywritingpath.wordpress.com/2012/03/03/gao-is-a-family- friendship-from- beijing/ A true friend is someone who lends a hand to the one who needs help, Hongjian Gao, ...
China's IGeneration (2014)
Cinema and Moving Image Culture for the Twenty-First Century by Matthew D. Johnson, Keith B. Wagner, Luke Vulpiani, Kiki Tianqi Yu
Dan Gao is a PhD candidate in the Department of Cinema Studies at New York University.
by David P. McCaffrey
Thus, the GAO is an effective critic of lagging regulatory action. 3.1.4. Agency Bureaucrats Do Some Autonomous Regulating The creation of an agency establishes a set of people in roles committed to regulation-oriented behavior.
by Rosemary Gartner, Bill McCarthy
Yu Gao is an assistant professor of psychology at Brooklyn College– City University of New York. Rosemary Gartner is a professor of criminology and sociology at the University of Toronto. Barry Godfrey is a professor of social justice at the ...
by Chris Ogden
Tian-Ming Gao is a PhD Student at the Institute of Geographic Sciences and Natural Resources Research (IGSNRR), Chinese Academy of Sciences ( CAS), ...
The Remote Country of Women (1994)
by Hua Bai, Qingyun Wu, Thomas O. Beebee
gao!" The Chinese character gao is a magical word. It can be used to describe the most splendid movement, as in "to purge all ...
by James Z. Gao
Gao was one of Mao's strong supporters in the Yan'an Rectification Movement and contributed to the consolidation of the...
Encyclopedia of Evaluation (2005)
by Sandra Mathison
The GAO ...
An Encyclopedia by Xiaobing Li
Yan, Jiaqi, Gao Gao, and Danny Wynn Ye Kwok. Turbulent Decade: A History of the Cultural Revolution. Honolulu: University of Hawaii Press, 1996. Zhu, Fang. Gun Barrel Politics: Party-Army Relations in Mao's China. Boulder, CO: Westview ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Gao
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Gao
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: smagdali
A Tuareg man in Gao, Mali
Photo credit: Bryan_T
73.58 gram broken specimen of this 1960 fall from Burkina Faso, Africa. Michael Farmer piece.
Photo credit: jtaylor14368
- Gao (leading face)
The leading face of this disc shaped H5 chondrite. This hefty specimen is ~95% fusion crusted. 308 g.
Photo credit: jtaylor14368
- Gao mei
Photo credit: Xu-Gong
- Oga Aquarium GAO
Photo credit: nakashi
- Yu Gao
WPT Montreal Season 16
Photo credit: World Poker Tour
- Oga Aquarium GAO
Photo credit: nakashi
- Mali, entre Gao et Tombouctou
Desert, The calf and the child
Photo credit: Jeanne Menjoulet
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Gao
Click on an item to play that video:
- GAO Meaning
Video shows what GAO means. Government Accountability Office (fka General Accounting Office). GAO Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary.
- GAO: Description of Types of Ballistic-Resistant Body Armor
This video describes the different types of ballistic-resistant body armor. Video provided by The National Institute of Justice. Learn more: ...
- Good News GAO People/Language Movie Trailer
- Good News SONGHAI, GAO People/Language Movie Trailer
This is: Good News SONGHAI, GAO People/Language Movie Trailer c80270 [c80270t] Other names for this language are: East Songhay, Gao, Gao Songhay, ...
- Canadian College of English Language - Gao Zeyue - General English - (English)
- Spoken Verb - Tony Gao
Original pieces performed on January 18th, in White Lecture Hall.
See also the pronunciation examples of Gao!
Quotes about Gao
In the history of literature there are many great enduring works which were not published in the lifetimes of the authors. If the authors had not achieved self-affirmation while writing, how could they have continued to write? (Gao Xingjian)
more quotes about gao...
Scrabble value of G2A1O1
The value of this 3-letter word is 4 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of GAO
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
What do you get if you reverse the order of the letters?
See also the index of semordnilaps!
What do you get if you rearrange the letters in other ways?
See also the blanagrams of Gao!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Gao to see it in context!