On this page:
Definition of the noun generousness
What does generousness mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: generousnesses
- the trait of being willing to give your money or time
- lexical domain: Attributes - nouns denoting attributes of people and objects
- synonym of generousness: generosity
- more generic word: kindness = the quality of being warmhearted and considerate and humane and sympathetic
- more specific words:
- charitableness = generosity as manifested by practicing charity
- bounteousness / bounty = generosity evidenced by a willingness to give freely
- bigheartedness = the quality of being kind and generous
- liberalness / liberality = the trait of being generous in behavior and temperament
- unselfishness = the quality of not putting yourself first but being willing to give your time or money or effort etc. for others
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for generousness
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Adoniram Judson
of honorable birth, cosñsëoscœon magnanimous, cœoësceoocoœsaßeîœîicooon disinterested, fiëoSoorfäsoQ acciao/Sceau liberal , qosscpgocosooâaoooseooon strong,` oa$§$coson Generousness, n. from above. Genesis, n ...
A Dictionary of the English Language ... Abstracted from the folio edition of the author ... Fourteenth edition, corrected, etc (1815)
by Samuel Johnson
GENEROUSNESS. s. [from generous.] The quality of being generous. (ollier.
To which are Prefixed, Principles of English Pronunciation... by John Walker
GENERousness, jën'êr-ös-nés. s. The quality of being generous. Genesis, jën'é- sis. s. Generation, the first book of Moses, which treats of the Production of the world. A small Gener, jën'nit. s. (99). jén-èth-li'ā-kāl, a well-proportioned Spanish ...
by Thomas Sheridan
GENEROUSNESS, jën'-&-rūs-nis, s. The quality of being generous. GENESIS, jën'-&-sis. f. Generation, the first book of Moses, which treats of the production ...
by Clive Upton, William A. Kretzschmar, Jr.
rosli generousness BR 'd 3en(a)rosnos AM 'd ...
One Main Object of Which, Is, to Establish a Plain and Permanent Standard Pronunciation. : To which is Prefixed a Rhetorical Grammar by Thomas Sheridan
GENEROUSNESS, jën'-é-rūs-nis. s. quality of being generous. - GENESIS, jën'-é -sis. f.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for generousness
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Video about generousness
Video shows what generousness means. The quality of being generous, generosity. Generousness Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary.
Scrabble value of G2E1N1E1R1O1U1S1N1E1S1S1
The value of this 12-letter word is 13 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of generousness to see it in context!