On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun Genoa
What does Genoa mean as a name of something?
Specialised definition of the noun Genoa
Glossary of sports
a very large triangular front sail on a sailing boat, especially a racing yacht (2006. Dictionary of Sport and Exercise Science. A&C Black Publishers Ltd)
- Genoa is a city in the north-east corner of DeKalb County, Illinois in the United States. It is located on the historic Galena-Chicago stagecoach route. At the 2010 census the city had a population of 5,193, up from 4,169 at the 2000 census.
- Genoa is a city in Nance County, Nebraska, United States. The population was 1,003 at the 2010 census. The city was founded by the Mormons in 1857. In the fall of 1859, the Mormon Colony was forced to abandon Genoa when the town and surrounding area were incorporated into the newly created Pawnee Reservation. The Pawnee Indian Agency utilized the structures vacated by the Mormons.
- Genoa is a village in Ottawa County, Ohio, United States. The population was 2,336 at the 2010 census. The city was renamed to Genoa in 1857 after the famous Italian city, from the previous, founding name of Stony Station.
- Genoa is a census-designated place in Douglas County, Nevada, United States. Founded in 1851, it was the first settlement in what became the Nevada Territory. It is situated within Carson River Valley and is about 42 miles south of Reno at 39.005,-119.846. The population of Genoa was 939 at the 2010 census.
- Genoa is a village in Vernon County, Wisconsin, United States. The population was 253 at the 2010 census. The village is within the Town of Genoa. There is also a village named Genoa City, Wisconsin.
- Genoa is a Statutory Town located in Lincoln County, Colorado, United States. The population was 211 at the 2000 census.
- Genoa is a town in Cayuga County, New York, United States. The population was 1,935 at the 2010 census. The town is named after Genoa in Italy.
- Genoa is a town in Eastern Gippsland, Victoria, Australia. It is close to the New South Wales border where the Princes Highway crosses the Genoa River. The town is an important access point to the Croajingolong National Park. At the 2006 census, Genoa and the surrounding area had a population of 304.
- Genoa is a town in Vernon County, Wisconsin, United States. The population was 705 at the 2000 census. The Village of Genoa is located within the town. The unincorporated community of Romance is located in the town of Genoa.
- Genoa a.k.a. Genoa, Arkansas: Genoa is an unincorporated community in Miller County, Arkansas, United States. It is located east of Texarkana along Highway 196. Although it is unincorporated, it has a post office, with the ZIP code of 71840.
- read more about Genoa, Arkansas
- Genoa a.k.a. Genoa, Minnesota: Genoa is an unincorporated community in Olmsted County, Minnesota, United States.
- read more about Genoa, Minnesota
- Genoa a.k.a. Genoa, West Virginia: Genoa is an unincorporated community in Wayne County, West Virginia, United States. Genoa is located on West Virginia Route 152 7 miles south of Wayne. Genoa has a post office with ZIP code 25517.
- read more about Genoa, West Virginia
Phrases with Genoa
- Polites Genoa
- Hesperia Genoa
- Species Polites Genoa
- Polites sabuleti genoa
- Species Hesperia Genoa
- subspecies Polites sabuleti genoa
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Genoa
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
both domestic and foreign. In which they are accurately described, and reduced to their Linnaean generic and specific names. With their English names annexed ... And a particular account of the manner of using them ... The whole so methodized, as to form a short introduction to the science of botany ... by Charles Bryant
The Black Genoa is a longifh Fig, with a swelled obtuse tOp, but is very stender towards the/stalk. It is of a black purple colour on the outside, covered with a purple flue-, the inside is of a bright red, and the pulp hath a high flavour. Ripe early in ...
Necroscope II: Vamphyri! (2009)
by Brian Lumley
Chapter Twelve GENOA IS A CITY OF CONTRASTS. FROM THE LOW-LEVEL POVERTY in the cobbled alleys and sleazy bars of its waterfront areas, to its high -rise luxury apartments looking down on the streets from broad windows and ...
Genoa Travel Adventures (2011)
by Amy Finley
Especially if you're arriving after a sojourn in one of the peaceful coastal villages, Genoa is an assault on the senses. It's one of the (many) reasons why tourism to the coast is so popular - where do you think the Genoese go when they need a ...
Geography for youth, or, A plain and easy introduction to the science of geography, for the use of young gentlemen and ladies ... Illustrated by eight maps, on which are delineated the new discoveries made by Commodore Byron, and the Captains Wallis, Carteret, and Cook (1782)
f Genoa is a repubiic, the capital of ...
Schiller the Dramatist (2009)
A Study of Gesture in the Plays by John Guthrie
Genoa is a cage into which they have been flung together to fight. Fiesko likens the republic to a “vierbeinigtes Tier” (four-legged animal). We are told, and in ...
Trim and Techniques for Cruising Sailors by Peter Nielsen
An overlapping genoa is a low aspect ratio sail; a tall and narrow blade type jib has a high aspect ratio. Designers of performance yachts favour high-aspect headsails because the long luff lengths give relatively high lift and low drag, making ...
The General Gazetteer ... Embellished with nine maps ... The fourth edition, improved, with additions and corrections, by Alex. Bisset, A.M. (1797)
by Richard BROOKES (M.D.)
Genoa is an nrchhilhop's fee, has an academyha good harbour, and lofty walls. There is a large a ueduét, which l'upplies a heat number, b fountains with WJilCf, in 9.1 parts of the city. The houl'cs are well built, and are five or fix ltories high.
Medieval Italy (2004)
An Encyclopedia by Christopher Kleinhenz
Genoa is a maritime amphitheater, formed rather like a Greek theater: the Apennines, branching from the Alps, dramatically frame the natural semicircular harbor. The city and its harbor are in the center of Liguria, one of the most picturesque ...
The Examiner (1815)
by Leigh Hunt
Genoa is an old republic, and has IjOeri famous for- it's .Fpirit and great horror of dependence. The force of circumstances kept it' down during 'flic former cureer of Bo- napartb, but wheti ne was overturned, it hoped to get up again; whin lo, ...
Exporters' Encyclopaedia (1920)
FAST FREIGHT and PASSENGER SERVICES to and from NEW YORK, NAPLES, GENOA IT A LIA - A MERICA SOCIETY OF MARITIME TRADE, INC. ONE STATE STREET, NEW YORK Plaisance ...... (via Genoa or Venice) Sienna .
Comprising the Twofold Advantage of a Philosophical and an Alphabetical Arrangement, with Appropriate Engravings by Edward Smedley, Hugh James Rose, Henry John Rose
GENOA, here is rather to be ascribed to the heavy duties it pays _ than to the want of it in the gulf.
by Joshua Montefiore
GENOA, a republic of Italy ; bounded by the Mediterranean on the south, Piedmont on the west, Parma on the north, and Tuscany on the east and south- east. Genoa, the capital, lies in N. lat. 44 deg. 25 min. and E. long. 8. deg. 30 min.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Genoa
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Genoa
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Videos about Genoa
Click on an item to play that video:
- Genoa Meaning
Video shows what Genoa means. A province of Liguria, Italy.. A city and the capital of the province of Genoa, and also the capital of Liguria.. A placename.
- Genoa Meaning
Video shows what genoa means. A staysail that resembles a jib but extends aft beyond the mast.. Genoa Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Genoa!
Quotes about Genoa
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'Genoa"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Scrabble value of G2E1N1O1A1
The value of this 5-letter word is 6 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of GENOA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Genoa!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Genoa to see it in context!