On this page:
Definition of the noun genus abrocoma
What does genus abrocoma mean as a name of something?
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- scientific names: Habrocoma / genus Habrocoma / Abrocoma
- more generic term: mammal genus = a genus of mammals
- member of: Chinchillidae / family Chinchillidae = small bushy-tailed South American burrowing rodents
- member: chinchilla rat / rat chinchilla / abrocome = ratlike rodent with soft fur and large ears of the Andes
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for genus Abrocoma
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
... 10 compacting, truncation; 10 abridgment; 12 condensation, retrenchment abroach: 8 broached abroad: 4 lost; 6 afield, beyond, yonder; 7 farther, further; 8 overseas Abrocoma: 10 chinchilla; 13 genus Abrocoma abrocome: 13 chinchilla rat, ...
Other threats include wood collection, mining and competition for food and burrow sites from several other South American rodents, including the degu, Octodon degus, and chinchilla rats, in the genus Abrocoma. CHINESE WATER DEER Ai ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for genus Abrocoma
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of genus Abrocoma to find many related words and phrases!