On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun genus muntiacus
What does genus muntiacus mean as a name of something?
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- scientific names: Caninmuntiacus / genus Caninmuntiacus / Cervulus / genus Cervulus / Dioplon / genus Dioplon / Diopplon / genus Diopplon / Megamuntiacus / genus Megamuntiacus / Muntiacus / genus Muntiacus / Muntjaccus / genus Muntjaccus / Muntjacus / genus Muntjacus / Procops / genus Procops / Prox / genus Prox / Styloceros / genus Styloceros / Stylocerus / genus Stylocerus
- more generic term: mammal genus = a genus of mammals
- member of: Cervidae / family Cervidae = deer: reindeer; moose or elks; muntjacs
- member: barking deer / muntjac = small Asian deer with small antlers and a cry like a bark
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for genus Muntiacus
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Asia and Indonesia, constituting the genus Muntiacus. The animal found in India and Java. Muntiacus muntjak has well developed horns on bony pedicels. The male is distinguished by sharp exposed canine teeth and small upright antlers.
Book & CD-ROM Set by Angus Stevenson, Maurice Waite
[Genus Muntiacus: several species] — ORIGIN C18: from Sundanese minchek. Muntz metal /mAntS/ b n. a form of brass used for casting and working at high temperatures. — ORIGIN C19: named after the English manufacturer George F.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for genus Muntiacus
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about genus Muntiacus
If you need images about genus Muntiacus for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of genus Muntiacus to find many related words and phrases!