On this page:
Definition of the noun genus acrobates
What does genus acrobates mean as a name of something?
- a genus of Phalangeridae
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- scientific names: Acrobata / genus Acrobata / Ascobates / genus Ascobates / Cercoptenus / genus Cercoptenus / Acrobates
- more generic term: mammal genus = a genus of mammals
- member of: family Phalangeridae / Phalangeridae = phalangers
- member: flying mouse = tiny flying phalanger
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for genus Acrobates
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Century Dictionary and Cyclopedia: The Century dictionary ... prepared under the superintendence of William Dwight Whitney ... rev. & enl. under the superintendence of Benjamin E. Smith (1911)
Pygmy petaurists, or acrobats, also called opossum-mice, are among the very smallest of marsupials : they belong to the genus Acrobates. Petaurists without a pataglum form the genus Gymnobelideus.
by Daniel Coit Gilman, Harry Thurston Peck, Frank Moore Colby
One of the diminutive, mouse-like flying phalangers of New Soutli Wales, of the genus Acrobates, whose appearance and habits, not only, but even its dentition approach a murine type. It is the smallest of marsupials. OPOSSUM-BAT. A name ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for genus Acrobates
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Anagrams of GENUS ACROBATES
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of genus Acrobates!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of genus Acrobates to find many related words and phrases!