On this page:
Definition of the noun genus agrostemma
What does genus agrostemma mean as a name of something?
- a caryophylloid dicot genus including corn cockles
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- scientific name: Agrostemma
- more generic term: caryophylloid dicot genus = genus of relatively early dicotyledonous plants including mostly flowers
- member of: carnation family / Caryophyllaceae / family Caryophyllaceae / pink family = large family of herbs or subshrubs
- member: Agrostemma githago / crown-of-the-field / corn campion / corn cockle = European annual having large trumpet-shaped reddish-purple flowers and poisonous seed; a common weed in grainfields and beside roadways
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for genus Agrostemma
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
introduced from Europe, common in grain fields and along roadsides, has now been transferred to the genus Agrostemma. See Plate of Cban- BEBBY, ETC. LYCIA, Ushl-a (Lat., from Gk.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for genus Agrostemma
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic: