On this page:
Definition of the noun genus ailurus
What does genus ailurus mean as a name of something?
- lesser pandas
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- scientific names: Aelurus / genus Aelurus / Arctaelurus / genus Arctaelurus / Ailurus
- more generic term: mammal genus = a genus of mammals
- member of: family Procyonidae / Procyonidae = raccoons; coatis; cacomistles; kinkajous
- member: Ailurus fulgens / lesser panda / red panda / bear cat / cat bear / panda = reddish-brown Old World raccoon-like carnivore
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for genus Ailurus
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Encyclopedia Americana (1904)
Editor in Chief, Frederick Converse Beach ... Managing Editor, George Edwin Rines ... Associate and Advisory Editors ... Simon Newcomb ... James E. Creighton ... Robert S. Woodward
All of the five or six known genera are confined to America, though the related Asiatic genus Ailurus is now placed here. (See PANDA.) The members of the typical genus Procyon possess six incisors, two canines, eight premolars, and four ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for genus Ailurus
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about genus Ailurus
If you need images about genus Ailurus for an article or a report, you can download stock photos at a very small price:
Anagrams of GENUS AILURUS
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of genus Ailurus!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of genus Ailurus to find many related words and phrases!