On this page:
Definition of the noun genus anomia
What does genus anomia mean as a name of something?
- type genus of the family Anomiidae: saddle oysters
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- scientific names: Anomya / genus Anomya / Cepa / genus Cepa / Fenestella / genus Fenestella / Anomia
- more generic term: mollusk genus = a genus of mollusks
- member of: Anomiidae / family Anomiidae = saddle oysters
- member: Anomia ephippium / saddle oyster = thin-shelled bivalve having the right valve deeply notched
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for genus Anomia
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by J. G. Heck
The genus Anomia has a principal central adductor muscle, but besides this it has two approximate, one passing towards the perforation at the apex of the smaller (and in position the lower) valve , ...
by Abraham Rees
The genus anomia is concisely defined by some authors as a shell inequivalve, one valve gibbous towards the beak, the other flat, and perforated near the hinge. The character in the Systema Naturae, is the shell inequivalve, one valve being ...
Universal Technological Dictionary Or Familiar Explanation of the Terms Used in All Arts and Sciences (1851)
Containing Definitions Drawn from the Original Writers ; in Two Volumes
genus Anomia. :* (Min.), crystallised Callk. CRU'CIAL (Anat.), Lat. crucialis, from crux a cross; parts of CRO CRO 330.
The Encyclopædic Dictionary (1879)
A New and Original Work of Reference to All the Words in the English Language, with a Full Account of Their Origin, Meaning, Pronunciation, and Use by Robert Hunter
pL [Prom the typica genus Anomia (q.v.).] A family of Conchi ferous Molluscs, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for genus Anomia
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Anagrams of GENUS ANOMIA
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of genus Anomia!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of genus Anomia to find many related words and phrases!