On this page:
Definition of the noun genus danaus
What does genus danaus mean as a name of something?
- type genus of the Danaidae: monarch butterflies
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- scientific names: Danaida / genus Danaida / Danais / genus Danais / Danaomorpha / genus Danaomorpha / Danaus / genus Danaus / Danis / genus Danis / Danus / genus Danus / Diogas / genus Diogas / Festivus / genus Festivus / Nasuma / genus Nasuma / Panlymnas / genus Panlymnas / Salatura / genus Salatura / Tasitia / genus Tasitia
- more generic term: arthropod genus = a genus of arthropods
- member of: Danaidae / family Danaidae = small family of usually tropical butterflies: monarch butterflies
- member: milkweed butterfly / monarch butterfly / Danaus plexippus / monarch = large migratory American butterfly having deep orange wings with black and white markings
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Printed encyclopedias and other books with definitions for genus Danaus
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Encyclopedia of Entomology (2008)
by John L. Capinera
Within the subfamily Danainae, all monarchs belong to the tribe Danaini, subtribe Danaina, genus Danaus Kluk. None of the other 1 1 species in the genus is migratory. However, Anetia panth- rata (Martyn), a primitive danaeine from Hispan- ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for genus Danaus
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of genus Danaus to find many related words and phrases!