On this page:
Definition of the noun giant fir
What does giant fir mean as a name of something?
- lofty fir of the Pacific coast of northwestern America having long curving branches and deep green leaves
- lexical domain: Plants - nouns denoting plants
- scientific names: Abies aromatica / species Abies aromatica / Abies excelsior / species Abies excelsior / Abies gordoniana / species Abies gordoniana / Abies grandis johnsonii / form Abies grandis johnsonii / Abies grandis idahoensis / subspecies Abies grandis idahoensis / Abies grandis grandis / variety Abies grandis grandis / variety Abies grandis idahoensis / Abies lasiocarpa / species Abies lasiocarpa / Abies occidentalis / species Abies occidentalis / Abies parsonsiana / species Abies parsonsiana / Picea grandis / species Picea grandis / Picea parsonsii / species Picea parsonsii / Pinus grandis / species Pinus grandis / Abies grandis
- synonyms of giant fir: grand fir / lowland fir / lowland white fir
- more generic term: silver fir = any of various true firs having leaves white or silvery white beneath
- geographic area: North America
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Giant Fir
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Christopher Brickell
Abies grandis (Giant fir, Grand fir) Very vigorous, narrow, conical conifer, with a neat habit. Mid-green leaves have an orange aroma when crushed. Cones, 3in ( 7—8cm) long, ripen red-brown. Makes a useful specimen tree. lOOft 30m iii- 0 ...
Volume 1: North America by M.M. Grandtner
giant fir; larch ( ob) (Canada); lowland balsam fir; lowland fir, lowland white fir (Canada); silver fir, Vancouver fir, western white fir, white firp.p., yellow fir f sapin grandissime; ...
by Walter Erhardt, Allen J. Coombes
□ E:Giant Fir, Grand Fir; G: Küsten-Tanne, Riesen-Tanne • 1j e Z6 V ®; B.C., USA: NW, Rocky Mts., N-Calif.
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Giant Fir
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Giant Fir
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Giant fir
Giant fir in the "Jeli Arboretum" Hungary
Photo credit: Laszlo Nagy HU
- Giant Fir Cones
Photo credit: pobre.ch
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Giant Fir to find many related words and phrases!