On this page:
Definition of the noun girlhood
What does girlhood mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: girlhoods
- the childhood of a girl
- examples: Her standards for men are impossibly high, thanks to a girlhood rich in Disney, Cosmopolitan, and private school. | Mary spent her girlhood in seclusion.
- lexical domain: Time - nouns denoting time and temporal relations
- synonyms of girlhood: maidenhood / maidhood
- more generic word: childhood = the time of person's life when they are a child
- "Girlhood" is a 2014 French drama film directed by Céline Sciamma. It was screened as part of the Directors' Fortnight section of the 2014 Cannes Film Festival. The film was also screened in the Contemporary World Cinema section at the 2014 Toronto International Film Festival. It won the TVE Another Look Award at the 62nd San Sebastián International Film Festival and the Special Jury Prize at the Philadelphia Film Festival. The film has also been nominated for the European Parliament Lux Prize.
- also known as Bande de filles, Bande des filles
- country: France
- language: French
- producer: Bénédicte Couvreur
- production design by Thomas Grézaud
- art direction by Thomas Grézaud
- written by Céline Sciamma
- music by Para One
- genre: Drama
- released on
- read more about Girlhood (film)
- "Girlhood" is a 2002 documentary crime film directed by Liz Garbus.
- country: United States of America
- language: English Language
- producers: Rory Kennedy & Liz Garbus
- cinematography by Tony Hardmon
- edited by Mary Manhardt
- music by Theodore Shapiro
- genres: Crime Fiction, Documentary film, Indie film, Law & Crime, Culture & Society, Biographical film
- subject: Social issues
- released in (13 years ago)
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Girlhood
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Beautiful Girlhood (2009)
by Mabel Hale
Girlhood is the opening flower of womanhood. It has charms all its own. The wonderful change from the child to the woman, the ...
Encyclopedia of Motherhood (2010)
by Andrea O'Reilly
Girlhood has historically been considered a transition period between childhood and womanhood (as the period preceding motherhood), ending around the time a young woman started menstruating and became able to bear children and get ...
by Mary Ellen Snodgrass
Driven torevisit a youngster's hardening to acallous, racist world, hooks validates girlhood fantasy as a necessary escape from untenabledomestic and socialconditions. Further Information hooks, bell.Bone Black: Memories of Girlhood.
Studies in Honour of Leonhard Lipka by Wolfgang Falkner, Hans-Jörg Schmid
This analysis is corroborated by the fact that the derivatives boyhood and girlhood, which denote the specific period in human life, are only recorded from the middle of the eighteenth and the beginning of the nineteenth century (see the first ...
by James Rawson
Girlhood " Rossiter. Maidenhood " Rothermel. The Bride " Rossiter. The Mother " Rossiter. The Widow " Rossiter. Manhood, Designed " Rothermel. Old Age " Rothermel. The Shrouded Mirror, Designed " Rev. Dr. Morton. The literary contents ...
by William H. New
Geniesh: An Indian Girlhood (1973) by Jane Willis (Cree) is another compelling autobiography of the same period, in which Willis was one of the first to expose the trauma of the residential school experience. The first novel written by a Native ...
by Robert Charles Reimer, Carol J. Reimer
Den netzen entkommen appeared in 1967, and Ruth Kluge's Still Alive: A Holocaust Girlhood Remembered appeared as recently as 2003. These are but three of the many accounts by survivors of Nazi ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Girlhood
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Girlhood
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about Girlhood
Video shows what girlhood means. The state of being a girl.. The childhood of a girl.. Girlhood Meaning. How to pronounce, definition audio dictionary. How to ...
See also the pronunciation examples of Girlhood!
Scrabble value of G2I1R1L1H4O1O1D2
The value of this 8-letter word is 13 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Girlhood to see it in context!