On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun giving birth
What does giving birth mean as a name of something?
- the process of giving birth
- lexical domain: Natural Processes - nouns denoting natural processes
- synonyms of giving birth: birth / birthing / parturition
- more generic terms: biological process / organic process = a process occurring in living organisms
- more specific terms:
- incubation / brooding = sitting on eggs so as to hatch them by the warmth of the body
- calving = giving birth to a calf
- vaginal birth / accouchement / childbearing / childbirth = the parturition process in human beings; having a baby
- farrowing / farrow = the production of a litter of pigs
- hatching / hatch = the production of young from an egg
- egg laying / laying = the production of eggs
- confinement / parturiency / childbed / lying-in / travail / labour / labor = concluding state of pregnancy
- part of: reproduction = the process of generating offspring
Giving Birth a.k.a. parturition is a gene ontology group, gene group.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Giving Birth
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Themes Depicted in Works of Art by Helene E. Roberts
Cleopatra Giving Birth, basrelief, Egyptian, firstcentury B.C. Temple of Esna, Egypt Queen Ahmes Giving Birth, basrelief, Egyptian, circa 323–330, Cairo, Egyptian Museum Tlazoléotl, sculpture, Aztec, Washington, D.C., Dumbarton Oaks ...
Crossword Puzzle Dictionary (2015)
by Murali Mohan Hundigam
boring way—preachy Giving adequate return for outlay—costeffective Giving all the details of an event in order—blowbyblow Giving authority to others— delegacy Giving birth—bearing Giving birth to a live offspring—viviparous Giving cause ...
The Bedside Dream Dictionary (2007)
by Silvana Amar
Women who are pregnant and men who are going to be fathers commonly have dreams about giving birth.It is not an omen of anything to come, but simply the mind trying to cope with a significant anxiety-provoking event. If you or your mate is ...
by Dr. Baljit Singh
t to miscarry in giving birth; ...
by David E. Marcinko, MBA, CFP, CMP
giving birth. ALTERNATIVE DELIVERY SYSTEM: Provision of health services in settings that are more cost-effective than an inpatient, acute-care hospital, such as skilled and intermediary nursing facilities, hospice programs, and in-home ...
by Harry E Wedeck, Wade Baskin
Apsuwas slain, but Tiamat continued thestruggle, giving birth toa host of hideous monsters ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Giving Birth
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Giving Birth
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: kudumomo
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Quotes about Giving Birth
A life pops out
When the mother is giving birth
And at the same time she is feeling the pain of giving birth
Birth doesn't come without pain
Because pain is the part of giving birth (Aldo Kraas)