On this page:
Definition of the noun Glaucias
What does Glaucias mean as a name of something?
Glaucias is a genus of Pentatomidae, described by Kirkaldy in 1908.
- synonyms: genus Glaucias / Zangis / genus Zangis
- kingdom: Animalia
- phylum: Arthropoda
- class: Insecta
- order: Hemiptera
- family: Pentatomidae
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
- Glaucias was a Greek physician of the Empiric school who wrote commentaries on the works of Hippocrates.
- Glaucias was the physician who attended Hephaestion during his final illness and was executed by crucifixion on Alexander's orders.
Phrases with Glaucias
Phrases starting with the word Glaucias:
Phrases ending with the word Glaucias:
- Genus Glaucias
- Pycnarmon Glaucias
- Trachycentra Glaucias
- Paragrodiaetus Glaucias
- Species Paragrodiaetus Glaucias
Other phrase containing the word Glaucias:
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Glaucias
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
The Cyclopædia; Or, Universal Dictionary of Arts, Sciences, and Literature. By Abraham Rees, ... with the Assistance of Eminent Professional Gentlemen. Illustrated with Numerous Engravings, by the Most Disinguished Artists. In Thirthy-nine Volumes. Vol. 1 [- 39] (1819)
Apollonius, Glaucias, Heraclides of Tarentum, and others of ...
by Abraham Rees
Glaucias, Heraclides of Tarentum, and others of no small note (“non mediocres viri”) followed in the steps of Serapion, according to Celsus. Heraclides was one of the most famous of the empirics, and appears to have been the first ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Glaucias
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Video about Glaucias
How Pyrrhus became son of Glaucias
The Epirot royal family claimed descent from Achilles.The father of Pyrrhus, Aeacides, was deposed by the Epirots and his adherents executed. Pyrrhus was only ...
Scrabble value of G2L1A1U1C3I1A1S1
The value of this 8-letter word is 11 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of Glaucias to find many related words and phrases!