On this page:
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun golden algae
What does golden algae mean as a name of something?
- algae having the pigments chlorophyll and carotene and xanthophyll
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- more generic words: alga / algae = primitive chlorophyll-containing mainly aquatic eukaryotic organisms lacking true stems and roots and leaves
- member of: Chrysophyta / division Chrysophyta = mostly freshwater eukaryotic algae having the chlorophyll masked by brown or yellow pigment; yellow-green and golden-brown algae and diatoms: Xanthophyceae, Chrysophyceae, Bacillariophyceae
"Golden algae" is a book by Jørgen Kristiansen.
- also known as "Golden algae: a biology of chrysophytes"
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Golden algae
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Beau Riffenburgh
and Chrysophyceae (golden algae) are of lower diversity, ...
by John W. Blunt, Murray H. G. Munro
Diatoms, golden algae and haptophytes Dinoflagellates Oomycetes Miscellaneous and unidentified chromista ...
by Michael Allaby
golden algae See CHRYSOPHYTA. goldenbrown algae See CHRYSOPHYTA. golden larch See PSEUDOLARIX. golden rod See SOLIDAGO. goldenyellow algae ...
by I. C. Gupta, S. K. Gupta
Golden algae The common name for members of the class Chryso- phyceae. Golden-brown algae The ...
Encyclopedia of Time (2009)
Science, Philosophy, Theology, & Culture by H. James Birx
Many species have unicellular algae as endosymbionts, such as dinoflagellates, green algae, red algae, golden algae, and diatoms. Some foraminifers are kleptoplastic, retaining chloroplasts from ingested algae to conduct photosynthesis.
by Christopher G. Morris, Academic Press
Phylum Chrysophyta: Golden algae; about 12.000 species of photosynthetic autotrophs with chlorophylls a and c and carotenes, xanthophylls, and fucoxanthins; most are unicellular and aquatic; includes diatoms. Phylum Pyrrophyta: Fire ...
by John F. Mongillo, Linda Zierdt-Warshaw
Diatoms generally are enclosed within shells composed of silica and sometimes are called golden algae. algal bloom Dinoflagellates are solely aquatic, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Golden algae
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Golden algae
Click on an item to view that photo: