Great appears in the following tongue twisters:
- Great gray goats
- The great Greek grape growers grow great Greek grapes.
- But she as far surpasseth Sycorax,
As great'st does least.
(Caliban describing Miranda's beauty in "The Tempest", by William Shakespeare)
Great appears in the following palindrome (phrase that reads the same backward as forward):
- No nurse is at NAFTA, ergo great fantasies run on.
Usage statistics for the adjective great:
On this page:
- Definition of the adjective great
- Definition of the adverb great
- Definition of the noun great
- Other definitions of great
- Phrases with Great
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Great
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Great
- Usage statistics about great
- Photos about Great
- Video language resources about Great
- Sign language
- Quotes about Great
- Scrabble value of G2R1E1A1T1
- Anagrams of GREAT
- Share this page
Great is sometimes a misspelling of greet.
The word great is considered to be an easy one, according to the Dale-Chall word list, which includes 3000 words that all fourth-grade American students should know and understand.
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the adjective great
What does great mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: greater | greatest
- relatively large in size or number or extent; larger than others of its kind
- of major significance or importance
- remarkable or out of the ordinary in degree or magnitude or effect
- examples: a great crisis | had a great stake in the outcome
- similar: extraordinary
- very good
- in an advanced stage of pregnancy
Alternative definition of the adjective great
- Very big, large scale.
- Very good.
- See Important.
- Title referring to an important leader.
Definition of the adverb great
What does great mean as an attribute of something other than a noun?
- very well [gloss, in a very satisfactory manner]
Definition of the noun great
What does great mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: greats
- a person who has achieved distinction and honor in some field
Alternative definition of the noun great
- A person of major significance, accomplishment or acclaim.
Other definitions of great
What does great also mean?
- Expression of gladness and content about something.
- sarcastic inversion thereof.
Great is a supermarket in Hong Kong owned by AS Watson, a wholly owned subsidiary of Hutchison Whampoa Limited. It has a branch in Pacific Place, Admiralty, which was opened in 2000 based on the re-decoration of Park'n Shop, Great's sister company. Its main customers are middle-class families. Its retail products are similar to those in Park'n Shop and Taste. Fresh goods like fruit tend to be of higher quality and price. There is a large number of counters compared to a typical grocery stores. These offer wide selections of cheese, chocolate, tea, processed meats, sushi, fresh fish and meat, ready-made meals, sandwiches and more. There is also a hamburger restaurant, a cafe with food and an ice cream stand inside the store.
- official website: www.greatfoodhall.com
Who is Great?
Great a.k.a. Warintorn Panhakarn is an actor.
- read more about Warintorn Panhakarn (actor)
Great is a fictional character from the 2003 film Spy Dad.
- "Great" is a 2013 German short film.
- country: Germany
- languages: German Language, Serbian language
- director: Andreas Henn
- producers: Alexander von Wasielewski & Andreas Henn
- production design by Sophia Schneider
- written by Andreas Henn, Gawain Mallinckrodt, Alexander von Wasielewski
- Miloš Biković as Nikola Radosevic
- Sebastian Brummer as Soldat im Kino
- Raphael Dwinger as Corporal 1
- Mirijam Jeremic as Ivona
- Roman Kanonik as Nesko
- Gustav Koenigs as Corporal 2
- Horst Kotterba as Projectionist
- Sandy Lopicic as Rado
- Paulus Manker as Colonel
- Alexander Christian Pape as Soldat Hermann
- Dieter Rupp as Oberfähnrich
- Simon Schwarz as Lieutenant
- casting by Franziska Cramer
- cinematography by Alexander von Wasielewski
- edited by Andreas Henn
- music by Sandy Lopicic
- costume design by Tania da Silva & Bettina Werner
- genres: Comedy, Drama, War film
- released in
- official website: dogearfilms.com/great
- "Great" is a 25-minute animated film released in 1975, telling a humorous version of the life of Isambard Kingdom Brunel. It was directed by Bob Godfrey, produced by Grantstern Films and distributed by British Lion.
- country: United Kingdom
- language: English Language
- genre: Animation
- released in (40 years ago)
- some of the awards:
- "Great" a.k.a. "Great!" is a 2003 short film directed by Karin Junger and Brigit Hillenius.
- "Great" is an album by Big Bang.
- also known as Second Live Concert: The Great
- released on (6 years ago)
- "Great" a.k.a. "Şahane" is the eighth studio album of Ebru Gündeş, the Turkish pop-folk, actress, and television personality. On her album there are of 15 songs. The album was published by Erol Köse Production in 2003. The single from the album are '"Ceza mı?" and "Alev Alev".
- read more about Şahane
- "Great" is a musical single of Members of Mayday.
- released in (20 years ago)
- "Great" is a musical single of Ze Frank.
- released on (7 years ago)
- "Great" is a musical album of Capewalk.
- GREAT a.k.a. Lgr8 is a protein.
- read more about Lgr8
- GReAT: Graph Rewriting and Transformation is a Model Transformation Language for Model Integrated Computing available in the GME environment. GReAT has a rich pattern specification sublanguage, a graph transformation sublanguage and a high level control-flow sublanguage. It has been designed to address the specific needs of the model transformation area. The GME environment is an example of a Model Driven Engineering framework.
- Great a.k.a. relaxin/insulin-like family peptide receptor 2 is a gene.
- also known as leucine-rich repeat-containing G protein-coupled receptor 8, G protein coupled receptor affecting testicular descent
Phrases with Great
- great ape
- great auk
- great big
- great dog
- great tit
- great toe
- great war
- Great Auks
- great bear
- great care
- great dane
- great deal
- Great Fern
- great hall
- Great Iora
- Great Knot
- Great Lake
View more phrases with the word Great in thesaurus!
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Great
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by Henry Gannett
Great; bay at head of Osterville Harbor on southwest coast of Barnstable Barnstable. Great; brook in Shelburne, 2 miles long, flows into Hawkes Brook Greenfield Great; brook in South wick and Westfield, 7 miles long, ( Granville. tributary to ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Great
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Usage statistics about great
The following statistics are based on the British National Corpus, so they are representative for the British English from the later part of the 20th century, both spoken and written.
Usage statistics for the adjective great:
Distribution of usage frequency for the most common synonyms of the adjective great:
Photos about Great
Click on an item to view that photo:
- Great Dixter
Great Dixter: the house
Photo credit: Rictor Norton & David Allen
- Great Horton
Photo credit: Tim Green aka atoach
- Great Xenops
Photo credit: jquental
- Great Saunter
Photo credit: TheTurducken
- Great Milenko
Colorado Model....'s friend... who escorted her to the studio....and became a clown.
Happy Friday all!
Photo credit: dollen
- Great carnivore.
Photo credit: driver Photographer
- Great spotted woodpeckers
An adult male and a juvenile great spotted woodpecker.
Photo credit: stanzebla
- Great Blue Heron
Photo credit: dave and rose
- Great Kiskidee
Photo credit: Bird Brian
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about Great
Click on an item to play that video:
- DIY Kydex Get Great Definition Every Time
- Great explanation by Eric Draitser: The Operation Mockingbird is Still Alive and Well
Excerpt from the RT documentary Mosaic of Facts...
- This Is a Great Explanation of Why Cancer Forms
Dr. Lise Alschuler is a naturopathic oncologist. Here, she discusses the latest as to why cancer forms in the body and why it forms in different locations like the ...
- American Slang: How to Express Great Fear!
Are you tired of using 'to scare' because it sounds boring? Why not make your English more interesting by learning this fun phrasal verb: to scare the crap out of ...
- Great Explanation for Thirukural..must watch
- A Great Definition of Diligence
- A Great Explanation of Oxidation
- 10 great tricep exercises for diamond cut definition
If you want large diamond cut triceps then add these exercises into your triceps routine. The triceps are split into 3 different parts the long head, lateral head and ...
- A great explanation of "cloud" computing in two minutes
What's the problem with cloud computing? Everyone has their own definition of it, and it usually goes on and on and on. At Silicon Valley Code Camp, Dave ...
- 8 Great Ways to Increase your Child's Vocabulary with a Vocabulary Tutor
- Great Explanation of the Dangers of Oxidation
- What is a PSTN Gateway, a Great Explanation on Public Switched Telephone Networks
A gateway is a device used for connecting two different types of networks. Open this page...
- Study English: Keep Talking (Great Vocabulary And Grammar) - Unit 4/9
- Great Entrepreneur Definition | Entrepreneur Definition
- Skarra Mucci - Greater Than Great (Dialect & Kosine Remix)
Sharing the latest future sounds and always fresh classics. Top Ragga/Dub influenced Jungle/Drum & Bass tunes from across the globe all in one spot!
- KDKB Tim & Mark: A Great Definition of "Panic"
A caller describes his hilarious definition during the Traffic Report. This aired in the mid '90s.
- Rory Encounters The Distinctive Hawick Dialect - Rory Bremner's Great British Views
Rory experiences the distinctive Hawick dialent, known as teri-talk.
- Great Explanation From Shaista Lodhi - Must Watch
Fabulous Morning Show Morning Show.
- How Solar Energy Works - Great Explanation !
- Carl Verheyen on the Art of Building a Great Guitar Solo ("Slang Justice")
Guitarist supreme Carl Verheyen performs "Slang Justice" at Musicians Institute, where he is an instructor. Bonus: Verheyen sits down with Guitar Program ...
- Noam Chomsky: Language's Great Mysteries
- Slippery Fish (Great for ESL teachers/students)
- Public Speaking: Giving a Great Speech : Public Speaking Tips: Body Language
Body language in public speeches makes a big impression on an audience. Maintain good posture and body language for speeches with tips from a ...
- Learning a Foreign Language-Google translate and a great language synthesizer
Whether needing to learn English or another foreign language, downloading a language synthesizer or real speak voice and changing settings on your ...
- ESL One Cologne 2015: Taz being a great sportmans
During the post match interview with the audience began to boo him and olofmeister'a stood Taz, asking to show respect. This cyber sportsman. If you sign up, ...
- Max Igan Great Description of Equity, Trust Law, The Birth Certificate and Basic Human Kindness
One of the better descriptions of the birth certificate, trust law and standing in equity.
- SS Great Eastern Description
The design and description of Isambard Kingdom Brunel's greatest ship, the SS Great Eastern. Statistics: She was 692 ft long, 83 ft wide, 30 ft draft fully loaded ...
- A truly great description of Fox News :)
via YouTube Capture.
- Great ESL Teacher
How to become a great ESL teacher!
- Speaking a Great Language
See how the Kalamazoo Humane Society is making a positive difference in the lives of animals in the Greater Kalamazoo Area.
See also the pronunciation examples of Great!
Click on an item to play that video:
- Great Baby Sign Language Book Set
- Great Sign Language Translator called Mimix( 5500 ASL Signs )
This video represents mimix 2.x with many cool features for sign language translation: 1- Speech to sign language. 2-Text to sign language 3-Share signs which ...
- Your great name sign language
This video was uploaded from an Android phone.
- Oliver deaf Great Dane puppy practicing sign language (tricks)
via YouTube Capture.
- A great big world ( say something )Christina Aguilera sign language
Quotes about Great
Scrabble value of G2R1E1A1T1
The value of this 5-letter word is 6 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of GREAT
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of Great!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Great to see it in context!