Definition of the noun groucho
What does groucho mean as a name of something?
- United States comedian; one of four brothers who made motion pictures together (1890-1977)
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- synonyms of Groucho: Julius Marx / Marx
- instance of: comedian / comic = a professional performer who tells jokes and performs comical acts
- member of: Marx Brothers = a family of United States comedians consisting of four brothers with an anarchic sense of humor
Who is Groucho?
Groucho a.k.a. Groucho Marx: Julius Henry "Groucho" Marx was an American comedian and film and television star. He was known as a master of quick wit and widely considered one of the best comedians of the modern era. His rapid-fire, often impromptu delivery of innuendo-laden patter earned him many admirers and imitators.
- read more about Groucho Marx (comedian)
- Groucho is a fictional character from the 2014 film Appropriate Behavior.
- Groucho is a fictional character from the anime series The Mysterious Cities of Gold.
- Groucho is a fictional character from the 2009 film White on Rice.
- Groucho is a fictional film character.
- country: Spain
- language: Spanish Language
- genre: LGBT
- released in (9 years ago)
Groucho is a 1987 theater production of the play by Arthur Marx and Robert Fisher.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for Groucho
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Twelve Defining Comic Performances by Wes D. Gehring
Though Brother Groucho is a funny/frightening modern big-time con artist, Chico's ongoing reversion to an old school street huckster invariably gets the best of the mustached one. This is consistent with the hoary maxim of humor being leery of ...
A Geographic and Historical Guide by Maurice Charney
Groucho and Harpo look very much alike, which adds to the irony of Harpo being a spy for Sylvania. while Groucho is the president of its enemy, Freedonia. The song "Hail Freedonia" is partly a parody of "Hail Britannia," but the words "Oh ...
Dictionary of Films (1972)
by Georges Sadoul, Peter Morris
Ihnen Ed Leroy Stone Mus Bert Kalmar, Harry Rubin Cast Groucho, Harpo, Chico and Zeppo Marx, Margaret Dumont, Louis Calhern, Ra- quel Torres Prod Paramount. 70 mins.
Sixth Edition by David Thomson
Standard Groucho. That harrowed ...
by Robert Andrews
Groucho as himself, in Monkey Business (film, 1931, screenplay by Arthur Sheekman based on a story by S. J. PERELMAN, W.B. Johnstone and Roland Pertwee, directed by Norman McLeod) 4 Oh, why can't we break away from all this, just ...
by Brian Cogan, Tony Kelso
the Marx Brothers included Groucho (Julius Marx, 1890–1977); Harpo (Adolph Marx, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for Groucho
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about Groucho
Click on an item to view that photo:
Photo credit: Vickola
Photo credit: Clinton Steeds
Photo credit: AK Rockefeller
- The Groucho Letters
Photo credit: I have got the style
- Groucho Jumper
Picture by Wosog.
Photo credit: Son of Groucho
- It's fun being groucho poster alteration art
Photo credit: MarkWallace
- Groucho at Soho
Groucho March at Soho. If you want Dylan, you want Groucho.
Photo credit: isfullofcrap
- Groucho Panda
Photo credit: A.M. Kuchling
- Groucho, near Termini station
Photo credit: Metro Centric
- Groucho Club
Breakfast in Soho - with Kencall
Photo credit: markhillary
- Toilet roll at Groucho Club
Photo credit: markhillary
View more pictures about Groucho Marx.
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Quotes about Groucho
Scrabble value of G2R1O1U1C3H4O1
The value of this 7-letter word is 13 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of Groucho to see it in context!