On this page:
- Definition of the noun grownup
- Definition of the adjective grownup
- Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for grownup
- Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for grownup
- Photos about grownup
- Video language resources about grownup
- Quotes about grownup
- Scrabble value of G2R1O1W4N1U1P3
- Anagrams of GROWNUP
- Share this page
|Play/pause||Buy footage||Find more|
Definition of the noun grownup
What does grownup mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: grownups
- a fully developed person from maturity onward
- lexical domain: People - nouns denoting people
- synonym of grownup: adult
- more generic words: individual / mortal / person / somebody / someone / soul = a human being
- more specific terms:
- brachycephalic = an adult with a short broad head
- caregiver = a person who is responsible for attending to the needs of a child or dependent adult
- catch / match = a person regarded as a good matrimonial prospect
- middle of the roader / moderationist / centrist / moderate = a person who takes a position in the political center
- character / eccentric / case / type = a person of a specified kind
- conservativist / conservative = a person who is reluctant to accept changes and new ideas
- dolichocephalic = an adult with a long narrow head
- senior / elder = a person who is older than you are
- ex-spouse = a person who was formerly a spouse
- fascist = an adherent of fascism or other authoritarian views
- host = a person who invites guests to a social event (such as a party in his or her own home) and who is responsible for them while they are there
- influential person / important person / personage = a person whose actions and opinions strongly influence the course of events
- Jack of all trades = a person able to do a variety of different jobs acceptably well
- progressive / liberalist / liberal = a person who favors a political philosophy of progress and reform and the protection of civil liberties
- liberal = a person who favors an economic theory of laissez-faire and self-regulating markets
- adult male / man = an adult person who is male
- militarist / warmonger = a person who advocates war or warlike policies
- senior citizen / golden ager / old person / oldster = an elderly person
- pacificist / disarmer / pacifist = someone opposed to violence as a means of settling disputes
- patrician = a person of refined upbringing and manners
- pledgee = someone to whom a pledge is made or someone with whom something is deposited as a pledge
- pledger = someone who makes or gives a pledge
- professional person / professional = a person engaged in one of the learned professions
- sobersides = a serious and sedate individual
- man of the world / sophisticate = a worldly-wise person
- stay-at-home / homebody = a person who seldom goes anywhere
- unemotional person / stoic = someone who is seemingly indifferent to emotions
- thoroughbred = a well-bred person
- adult female / woman = an adult female person
- part: adult body = the body of an adult human being
Alternative definition of the noun grownup
- An adult.
Definition of the adjective grownup
What does grownup mean as an attribute of a noun?
adjective - degrees: -
- (of animals) fully developed
Alternative definition of the adjective grownup
- Of, pertaining to, or suitable for adults.
- Adult; fully developed; mature.
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for grownup
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
Featured mysteries from Encyclopedia Brown, Boy Detective by Donald J. Sobol
“The thiefcould be a grownup, ...
by Robert R. Watson
With a small profanity, "Bloodypups," the grownup speakerhas become closer to Dan Taggert's small vulgarity "weeshits," and the process of internalizing the attitudes of the farm and the adult world seems complete. The poem goesona ...
averb grownup or grown-up noun A fully grown person; adult. grown-up or grown -up (gron'up') OMOMM, plural grownups or grown-ups grown-up adjective Adult; ...
by Martin Manser
grownup n ...
by Martin H Manser
ANTONYMS: adult, aged, elderly, grownup, mature, OLD. youthful See YOUNG. yummy See ...
by Angelus Francis Xavier Maffei
grownup age. Mania, s. pisepon ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for grownup
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about grownup
Click on an item to view that photo:
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video language resources about grownup
Click on an item to play that video:
See also the pronunciation examples of grownup!
Quotes about grownup
Scrabble value of G2R1O1W4N1U1P3
The value of this 7-letter word is 13 points. It is included in the first and second editions of the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of GROWNUP
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of grownup!
Share this page
Go to the usage examples of grownup to see it in context!