On this page:
Definition of the noun guib
What does guib mean as a name of something?
noun - plural: -
- antelope with white markings like a harness and twisted horns
- lexical domain: Animals - nouns denoting animals
- scientific name: Tragelaphus scriptus
- synonym of guib: bushbuck
- more generic term: harnessed antelope = any of several antelopes of the genus Tragelaphus having striped markings resembling a harness
- member of: genus Strepsiceros / genus Tragelaphus / Strepsiceros / Tragelaphus = African antelopes: kudus; bongos; nyalas
- geographic area: Africa
- observational distribution: specimen and observational data from the Global Biodiversity Information Facility Network (not necessarily true occurrence density gradients)
Count per one degree cell 1 - 9 10 - 99 100 - 999 1000 - 9999 10000 - 99999 100000+
Printed dictionaries and other books with definitions for guib
Click on a title to look inside that book (if available):
by George Watt
Guib. = bang re', krok, PB. HIMALAYA generally; Tos, RAVI ; _Rau,.
by Stanley Newman, Daniel Stark
marker: 5 chalk Blackboard Jungle: 4 film 5 novel author: Evan Hunter cast: Glenn Ford, Anne Francis, Vic Morrow director: Richard Brooks blackbuck: 5 sasin 8 antelope relative: 3 gnu, kob 4 guib, kudu, oryx, puku, topi 5 addax, bongo, chiru, ...
by D.F. Bleek
|guib.] CII. (Schi.) gui, n. spotted hyena. NII. (Wil.) gui, num. one, s. Ikwi, kwie. [Na. |gui.] CII. (Schi.) Ex.: Igui tfou --- one hand, five. Igui tfou re hi |gui ba hi --- one hand and one to it, six. CIIb. (Wil.) Igdjxa, one. guken, v. to be offended, vexed. SI.
by Roy Armes
Abdel Alim Khattab, "Ahmed Khorchid, "Léon Klimovski, "Kostanov, Ibrahim Lama, "Youssef Maalouf, Gamal Madkour, Ahmed Kamel Morsi, "Galal Mostafa, " Houssam Eddine Mostafa, Niazi Mostafa, "Ramsès Na- guib, "Raymond Nassour, ...
Online dictionaries and encyclopedias with entries for guib
Click on a label to prioritize search results according to that topic:
Photos about guib
Click on an item to view that photo:
Guib d'eau, au zoo de Berlin.
Photo credit: manumenal
If you need related images for an article or a report, you can download stock photos:
Video about guib
Video shows what guib means. A West African antelope (Tragelaphus scriptus), marked with white stripes and spots on a reddish fawn ground, the harnessed ...
Quotes about guib
Couldn't select: You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MariaDB server version for the right syntax to use near 'guib"" IN BOOLEAN MODE) LIMIT 1,1' at line 1
Scrabble value of G2U1I1B3
The value of this 4-letter word is 7 points, but it's not an accepted word in the Official Scrabble Players Dictionary.
Anagrams of GUIB
What do you get if you rearrange the letters?
See also the blanagrams of guib!
Share this page
Go to the thesaurus of guib to find many related words and phrases!